The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: 2015 Latin America Tour
PostPosted: Tue March 24, 2015 6:28 pm 
AnalLog

EJ wrote:
96583UP wrote:
s
bring back Dave A

not sure that's such a great idea. pretty sure most of those SA countries have extradition agreements with the U.S.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue March 24, 2015 9:40 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
DeLima wrote:
tommymtcom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
TouringReg wrote:
96583UP wrote:
so psyched to know that this band after not playing together most of 2015 while their drummer plays and writes an album with a better band will be vacationing in brazil and making a few hundred thow at night in order to save for their childrens' future coke addictions and rehabs.

bring back Dave A

Come on now. Soundgarden is like 12 months away from playing at 2pm at state fairs. People on here might like them but they are way less relevant than Pearl Jam. Have you seen some of the third rate festivals they've played in the last couple of years? Headlining a festival in Kitchener, ON? I saw them in Quebec City last summer the crowd was tiny. Check out their crowd at Pemberton on YouTube last summer, very empty.

You have a point. I was shocked how few people cared about Soundgarden at their co-headline tour with NIN last year.

Agreed. They're relevant to us. But I don't see them attracting new generations like PJ is doing.

I'm sure their fans are perfectly happy with that.

Heh, yup. It is an interesting comparison though...would you rather maintain a higher level of musical integrity and play to smaller audiences or vice versa.

SG was always smaller than PJ, and I think they're comfortable with that. They like their status as strong influencers on other bands/Seattle pioneers and I think they feel 'famous enough'. PJ does still looks up to them, especially Eddie with the constant wearing of the nudedragons t-shirt

it sounds like you are comparing pearl jam to fugazi, not soundgarden. didnt cornell record an album with timbaland b/c he wanted more mainstream exposure as a recording artist? is that the kinda musical integrity that you are talking about?

ok, let me retract the the integrity comment. that's a loaded statement. i'll replace it with 'quality of musical output', which i acknowledge is a subjective statement. i'm not really trying to start an argument here.

it's funny to hear the other SG guys talk about the timbaland album. i was actually having this conversation with a friend the other day and i said that one of the biggest differences is that the other SG members seem to kiss Chris's ass way less than PJ members do Eddie.

PostPosted: Wed March 25, 2015 12:54 am 
Future Drummer

Coach wrote:
When that "tease" email came from the 10C, I was 99.9 percent sure that this was another lame tour announcement, but a small part of me had hopes that it was some kind of announcement about, ya know, actually creating new music.

Less touring, more music. Or, lay some tracks down while touring. Better yet, debut some songs you've been working on. Even better, lock Eddie up in the hotel room, and let Jeff/Stone write the new PJ album. Dubbed Ed's voice over music. Release to Target or whatever.

This

PostPosted: Wed March 25, 2015 1:00 am 
Future Drummer

dprival78 wrote:
supersonic was the b-side for the fixer single

That's disgusting

PostPosted: Wed March 25, 2015 12:33 pm 
The worst

DeLima wrote:
warehouse wrote:
DeLima wrote:
tommymtcom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
TouringReg wrote:
96583UP wrote:
so psyched to know that this band after not playing together most of 2015 while their drummer plays and writes an album with a better band will be vacationing in brazil and making a few hundred thow at night in order to save for their childrens' future coke addictions and rehabs.

bring back Dave A

Come on now. Soundgarden is like 12 months away from playing at 2pm at state fairs. People on here might like them but they are way less relevant than Pearl Jam. Have you seen some of the third rate festivals they've played in the last couple of years? Headlining a festival in Kitchener, ON? I saw them in Quebec City last summer the crowd was tiny. Check out their crowd at Pemberton on YouTube last summer, very empty.

You have a point. I was shocked how few people cared about Soundgarden at their co-headline tour with NIN last year.

Agreed. They're relevant to us. But I don't see them attracting new generations like PJ is doing.

Heh, yup. It is an interesting comparison though...would you rather maintain a higher level of musical integrity and play to smaller audiences or vice versa.

SG was always smaller than PJ, and I think they're comfortable with that. They like their status as strong influencers on other bands/Seattle pioneers and I think they feel 'famous enough'. PJ does still looks up to them, especially Eddie with the constant wearing of the nudedragons t-shirt

it sounds like you are comparing pearl jam to fugazi, not soundgarden. didnt cornell record an album with timbaland b/c he wanted more mainstream exposure as a recording artist? is that the kinda musical integrity that you are talking about?

ok, let me retract the the integrity comment. that's a loaded statement. i'll replace it with 'quality of musical output', which i acknowledge is a subjective statement. i'm not really trying to start an argument here.

it's funny to hear the other SG guys talk about the timbaland album. i was actually having this conversation with a friend the other day and i said that one of the biggest differences is that the other SG members seem to kiss Chris's ass way less than PJ members do Eddie.

We'll really need to see how they respond to Eddie's first album with Timbaland

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed March 25, 2015 1:15 pm 
AnalLog

stip wrote:
DeLima wrote:
warehouse wrote:
DeLima wrote:
tommymtcom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
TouringReg wrote:
96583UP wrote:

bring back Dave A

How do you feel about Euphoria Morning stip? That one's got some pretty phenomenal stuff on it

PostPosted: Wed March 25, 2015 2:24 pm 
The worst

It does. Pillow of Your Bones is a favorite. CC is uneven but his best stuff (and SG's) is very good. Nothing from King Animal really stayed with me, but it was a solid enough album. If I was a bigger SG fan I would have been happy with it.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed March 25, 2015 11:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

yes by better band i meant better quality

the point of the post was that

Pearl Jam is a fake band

they dont play together regularly

they get shlepped together every now and again to make some money

no chemistry

but their merch arm perpetuates a myth as though they are still a going concern

just show up once every 4 years with the songs that you wrote alone, record them, mash out a tour that you don't like doing, then retreat back to your hawaiian winter home while the merch and re-release sales fund your gold dubloon swimming pool

when it's time to fund the champagne hot tub, take a 7 day surf break to make some money off 3rd worlders ecstatic to be participating something developed-worldy having been excluded from the majority of the electrical era

this dated band of geriatrics is considered novel just because they are western

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah fix it up fix it up again yeah yeah yeaaahahahahahahhaha ahahahaha aaaaaaahhhh

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu March 26, 2015 12:31 am 
Rank This Poster

stip wrote:
DeLima wrote:
warehouse wrote:
DeLima wrote:
tommymtcom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
TouringReg wrote:
96583UP wrote:

bring back Dave A

i still want to hear the songs he made while he was on ecstasy

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam