11%
2 star
6%
1 star
3%

Total votes : 266

Re: 11th album rumors and speculation

Thu August 16, 2018 1:50 am

bodysnatcher wrote:there's plenty of their covers on Kazaa they could use. Interstate Love Song, My Own Prison, Touch Peel and Stand.

Jeremy with Dave Matthews Band

Thu August 16, 2018 1:53 am

EJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:there's plenty of their covers on Kazaa they could use. Interstate Love Song, My Own Prison, Touch Peel and Stand.

Jeremy with Dave Matthews Band

damn i never heard that

Thu August 16, 2018 2:00 pm

This reminds me of myself as a 13-year old in 1993 picking up a cassette of Vs and looking at the song titles - "Hey, where is 'I'm Going Hungry'?"

Thu August 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Captain Termite wrote:

This reminds me of myself as a 13-year old in 1993 picking up a cassette of Vs and looking at the song titles - "Hey, where is 'I'm Going Hungry'?"

Or my 14 year old self looking through the tracklisting of Binaural for Last Kiss. Pre-internet days were very dark.

Thu August 16, 2018 3:10 pm

You didn’t have the internet in 2000?

Thu August 16, 2018 3:14 pm

McParadigm wrote:You didn’t have the internet in 2000?

he only had the world wide web back then

Thu August 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Not at home. Our school had dial up and I rarely had time to go to websites beyond those covering wrestling and video games. I was 14!

Fri August 17, 2018 12:22 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Not at home. Our school had dial up and I rarely had time to go to websites beyond those covering wrestling and video games. I was 14!

not good enough. i was 9 and i was all over the web m8. pretty sure i even had a website by then.

Fri August 17, 2018 12:28 am

privilege comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes

Fri August 17, 2018 1:30 am

WtOB? wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

not good enough. i was 9 and i was all over the web m8. pretty sure i even had a website by then.

You bro jobs are young

Fri August 17, 2018 2:16 am

To be fair, I lived in rural Nebraska. This country isn't exactly known for strong internet in sparsely populated areas.

Fri August 17, 2018 8:19 am

I remember Christmas day 1997, using my parents' dial-up internet to download a 15 second preview of Given to Fly from the PJ Synergy site. It took about half an hour to download the bloody thing. But it was worth every second of the wait in the end. Great days.

Fri August 17, 2018 10:26 am

I remember when I used to look forward to new pearl jam

Fri August 17, 2018 11:35 am

PHATJ wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

You bro jobs are young

Off he goes(lawn)

Sun August 19, 2018 4:34 am

Captain Termite wrote:

Haha. I had something similar happen with "I Got Id".

They were playing that like crazy on the radio when I was first getting into PJ. Picked up Vitalogy on cassette assuming it would be on there and it was no where to be found. I had no idea about the Merkinball/Neil Young collaboration. Was so annoyed that when I finally got the CD single I used the extra unrecorded portion of Side A on my Vitalogy tape to dub it on there!

Sun August 19, 2018 4:37 am

bune wrote:What did they say when Ole came out?

"Hey, everybody: fuck you."

Tue August 21, 2018 6:39 pm

it's hard to hold
it's hard to hold
it's hard to hold
i'm pissing pissing pissing pissing

Tue August 21, 2018 6:42 pm

96583UP wrote:I remember when I used to look forward to new pearl jam

Tue August 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Pearl Jam should use a new producer and get out of their comfort zone. Use someone like Danger Mouse or Mark Ronson who did a nice job with the most recent QOTSA record. Brendan O'Brien has done a fine job, but I'd love to hear the band with a producer more in touch with today's music.

Wed August 22, 2018 12:20 am

Pearl Jam just doesn't have it in them anymore.
Post a reply