Total votes : 262

Re: 11th album rumors and speculation

Sun June 03, 2018 1:26 am

Boom should write them

BOB should perform them

Dancing Tony should dance to them

Sun June 03, 2018 1:52 am

I think this all started when Mike got bigger cheers at the RRHoF ceremony than Eddie did

Sun June 03, 2018 4:39 am

Let's not make too big of a deal out of this... We have some good news.

1) lots of writing and recording (primarily instrumental)
2) Pushing "song forms" Ed's way resulted in Vitalogy. Pretty sure we'd all be good with an effort like that.
3) If it's in Ed' s court and he's taking his time - that's a good thing.
4) Current political climate makes for some nice Riot Act kinda rock.
5) Grappling with Cornell's passing and how to tribute without directly benefiting HAS to be one of the issues on his mind.

I thought from the beginning maybe he and the guys owe it to CC to take some up and coming singer, write songs with remaining members of SG and AS... And do something for Cc's kids with an album or double album.

Maybe something such as this is causing some writer's block our at least a bit of hesitation to just mail something in.

Let's hope.

Sun June 03, 2018 6:29 am

Oh my god

Sun June 03, 2018 10:49 am

Wish they still had a bit of creative ambition. Ed's not writing lyrics to songs in a half an hour because there are "other ideas to chase", he's knocking out song ideas & lyrics in half an hour because he gets a half an hour at night after his daughters go to bed. Totally fine for my local UPS guy, much respect. Lead singer for PJ? You ain't owe me nutt-ting, but, let's get moving

Sun June 03, 2018 11:46 am

Bi_3 wrote:Love Boat El Capitan

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/02/two-hikers-die-after-falling-from-el-capitan-in-yosemite-park-officials-say.html

Eddie, do your magic!

Sun June 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Remember though, Can't Deny Me is going to be on the new album. So one shitty song already

Sun June 03, 2018 3:17 pm

I bet at this point it won’t be on the album. At this point they’re talking about maybe 2019. By then they will have moved on from it. I refuse to believe that damn song will be on it.

Sun June 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Should they fail to release a record next year, they will have managed two records in a decade. Uncle Neil has 19 years on Ed and is still striving and searching creatively :shake:

All Ed needs to conjure up at this point is two Who rave-ups and one punky, surf-related toss-off every few years, and even this proves troublesome.

The latest single should've been called "Can't Supply Me", or, better yet, "Can't Supply Thee."

Sun June 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Strat wrote:I bet at this point it won’t be on the album. At this point they’re talking about maybe 2019. By then they will have moved on from it. I refuse to believe that damn song will be on it.

yes, this. please.

Sun June 03, 2018 6:24 pm

the new album is going to suck with or without can't deny me

Sun June 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Sun June 03, 2018 8:51 pm

New album may still be some way off, but another single might be on the horizon:

https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl ... w-release/

Gossard ... said about the band’s new album, “We’re working on a record, we’ve got some songs recorded, we’re going to record some more, but we leave for six weeks on the sixth, so the summer is pretty tight with shows, and then we’ll get back to recording at some point in the fall, and we’ll see where we’re at. We’re not quite sure exactly when a record is coming, if they call it that still, but hopefully another song coming up, I hope.”

Sun June 03, 2018 9:12 pm

thanks IGW

Sun June 03, 2018 10:07 pm

Can we archive.org any links to Alternative Nation so they don't get the clickthroughs? The site is horrendous clickbait and some of the stuff they published surrounding Chris Cornell's death was disgraceful.

Sun June 03, 2018 10:18 pm

Ridley Boyega are gone and no Kenobi film so.

Sun June 03, 2018 10:29 pm

I would of thought with cubs trump and cc Ed would have plenty to write about

Sun June 03, 2018 11:39 pm

Maybe Ed is going back to spending time on lyrics. He’s stated in recent years how he began to focus on the more immediate lyrics and not crushing his brain as much as in prior years.

Maybe, just maybe, he’s putting more work in right now.

Sun June 03, 2018 11:40 pm

poor innocent strat

Mon June 04, 2018 12:34 am

because everyone loves album singles being released one year in advance of the album
Post a reply