11%
2 star
6%
1 star
3%

Total votes : 265

Re: 11th album rumors and speculation

Thu February 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Well, Ed seems to be taken a huge vacation from studio...i would say his interest peaked in 2007 with ITW. Hell, even Uke Songs are songs form 10 years before he released them.

Thu February 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Wonder if he has a home studio? If so, probably doesn't know how to work the equipment.

Fri February 09, 2018 4:38 am

numbers wrote:Any album they make where Eddie isn’t enthusiastic about doing it is going to suck ass anyway, I’d rather no album than something shit out just to do it.

I'm almost a 180 to this. Most of what I've disliked has been the Ed material on the last few albums. If the four guys got together a few tracks each and Ed just shat out nonsense, it'd probably be preferable to the over worked shit of late.

Fri February 09, 2018 5:45 am

Even on the good stuff from the middle period Ed had lame lyrics. And don't forget Love Boat Captain. What a pile of shit that was lyrically. Ruined a good song.

I remember reading years ago about Van Halens break with Sammy Hagar in the mid 90s. They were supposed to write a song for the Twister soundtrack and Eddie Van Halen told Hagar "listen, no tornado lyrics okay?" What did Hagar come back with? Lyrics that had meteorologist lingo about tornados. This pissed off the band and they eventually got a song without tornado lyrics. Poundcake is another song Eddie Van Halen thought was epic but was ruined by a sexual innuendo for a title and terrible lyrics. They canned Hagar for this stuff.

Fri February 09, 2018 3:53 pm

So you're saying they're going to fire Eddie and hire Hager. I'd be down with that.

Fri February 09, 2018 7:48 pm

It would be cool if for the next album they did a commentary on it. Rufus wainwright did this for his albums Want one and the follow up Want two and it’s fascinating. Never heard any other act doing it. Real insights into the writing and the ideas and stories behind them n stuff.

Maybe they’ll do it for the 30th anniversary re-releases

Fri February 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Ed commentary: ¨aww uhhh well..that song...mmm its like waves¨

Fri February 09, 2018 8:03 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:It would be cool if for the next album they did a commentary on it. Rufus wainwright did this for his albums Want one and the follow up Want two and it’s fascinating. Never heard any other act doing it. Real insights into the writing and the ideas and stories behind them n stuff.

Maybe they’ll do it for the 30th anniversary re-releases

Whenever I hear Ed talking about songs on PJ Radio, I cringe. Live he does a decent job though.

Fri February 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Soundgarden did one of those for King Animal. Used to piss me off when I would play that instead of the album on Spotify.

Fri February 09, 2018 8:50 pm

I think Ed could give good insight if it was more of a conversation and less of a "comment on this one song" type of thing.

Fri February 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Maybe if he graduated high school?

Sat February 10, 2018 12:56 am

:lol:

more like if he wasn’t so focused now on just being ‘an entertainer’*

Spoiler: show
*Note: ‘entertainer’ fascade only applicable within the continental 48 united states

Sun February 11, 2018 1:42 am

*contiguous

there are 49 "continental" states

Sun February 11, 2018 1:44 am

doesn't take a nucular scientest to know what i meant

Sun February 11, 2018 1:48 am

96583UP wrote:nucular

Sun February 11, 2018 1:49 am

96583UP wrote:scientest

Sun February 11, 2018 2:01 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:*contiguous

there are 49 "continental" states

I love you

Sun February 11, 2018 2:01 am

96583UP wrote:
96583UP wrote:scientest

I love you

Sun February 11, 2018 12:31 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Well, Ed seems to be taken a huge vacation from studio...i would say his interest peaked in 2007 with ITW. Hell, even Uke Songs are songs form 10 years before he released them.

ITW was a surprise to me, easily the best he has ever released under his own name. Felt really positive about future Pearl Jam then.

Sun February 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I think Ed could give good insight if it was more of a conversation and less of a "comment on this one song" type of thing.

Would be interesting to hear something like that.
Post a reply