The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3738
Location: Chile
I actually don't think I've ever listened to any Eddie solo record in its entirety.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17409
Location: Hunter
durdencommatyler wrote:
I feel like I've said this for the past decade but I think I'd rather have a proper Ed solo record right now than a proper Pearl Jam record.

God no. Unless it meant less Ed songs on the next PJ album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56102
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I feel like I've said this for the past decade but I think I'd rather have a proper Ed solo record right now than a proper Pearl Jam record.

God no. Unless it meant less Ed songs on the next PJ album.

I feel like our differences are our friendship's greatest strength.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17409
Location: Hunter
durdencommatyler wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I feel like I've said this for the past decade but I think I'd rather have a proper Ed solo record right now than a proper Pearl Jam record.

God no. Unless it meant less Ed songs on the next PJ album.

I feel like our differences are our friendship's greatest strength.

Unless Ed pulled his finger out and called Benmont Tench and Mike Campbell and organised a session. Now that could be pretty tasty.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27421
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 7:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 1116
Location: Most likely at the office...
McParadigm wrote:
Sonos is basically Beats for middle age idiots...low quality sound, ugly boosts in frequencies that support presence, and rounded EQing in ranges that fit your age range's hearing. The brand's own salespeople caution against describing it as high fidelity.

I have Sonos speakers throughout my house and love their ease of use, wireless functionality and 3rd party app integration. I really don't even know what "audiophile" quality sounds like, but these speakers sound pretty great to me (somewhat dependent on source tunes of course). If that's because they are eq'd to fit my middle-aged idiot's optimal hearing range I'd have thought that was a good thing, no?

I doubt that if you are after true "high fidelity" that you would go with a wireless solution anyways, would you? My take on Sonos has always been an easy to use, wireless solution that you pay handsomely for, and that provides very good quality, not necessarily perfect, sound. That works just fine for me.

As far as the 'selling out' bit goes, I'm kinda whatever at this point. I was never that invested in Pearl Jam's anti-corporate stance in the first place to care that much about them padding their income out now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46887
Location: Sector 7-G
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same

I'm so shocked by these two statements I'm getting the vapors.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1560
I hope they don't release it.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45118
KurtLeon wrote:
I hope they don't release it.

Because you've heard it, right?! RIGHT?! PM PLEASE!

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1560
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
I hope they don't release it.

Because you've heard it, right?! RIGHT?! PM PLEASE!

I did and it sucks.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56102
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same

Don't get me wrong, if they announce a new record, I'll be over the moon about it. I'll absolutely buy at least two copies and I'll hope against hope that it's their best album to date.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10243
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same

Don't get me wrong, if they announce a new record, I'll be over the moon about it. I'll absolutely buy at least two copies and I'll hope against hope that it's their best album to date.


Same. But it won't be. And then I will be sad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56102
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same

Don't get me wrong, if they announce a new record, I'll be over the moon about it. I'll absolutely buy at least two copies and I'll hope against hope that it's their best album to date.


Same. But it won't be. And then I will be sad.

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that their best work is behind them. I just want good work at this point.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10243
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same

Don't get me wrong, if they announce a new record, I'll be over the moon about it. I'll absolutely buy at least two copies and I'll hope against hope that it's their best album to date.


Same. But it won't be. And then I will be sad.

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that their best work is behind them. I just want good work at this point.


Yup. I want them to explore some new sounds. Incorporate some of the things they've done in their side projects (RNDM, Cavedweller, etc.). Write music together again. Stop trying to write songs thinking about how you are going to play them live.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5304
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same

Don't get me wrong, if they announce a new record, I'll be over the moon about it. I'll absolutely buy at least two copies and I'll hope against hope that it's their best album to date.


Same. But it won't be. And then I will be sad.

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that their best work is behind them. I just want good work at this point.


Yup. I want them to explore some new sounds. Incorporate some of the things they've done in their side projects (RNDM, Cavedweller, etc.). Write music together again. Stop trying to write songs thinking about how you are going to play them live on Sonos.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Oslo, Norway
Pearl Jam's Magnum Opus. Thousands of years from now they will look back on the 11th album as the time music changed,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5304
Anders wrote:
Pearl Jam's Magnum Opus. Thousands of years from now they will look back on the 11th album as the time music changed,

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 6:20 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2649
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Stop trying to write songs thinking about how you are going to play them live.


Too fast?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1560
I hope they release Navy Bean and Billy Willy Microp_enis.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 14, 2017 2:59 pm