The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 69 ]
4 stars 55%  55%  [ 143 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 27 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 262
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 4:56 pm 
The Master

My god that is a depressing article.

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 5:03 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im happy that Stone seems ready to do it. Matt and Jeff too and of course Mike will be there. So its fucking Eddie Vedder.

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 5:17 pm 
AnalLog

OK, how many clickbait articles can alternativenation make from this one rollingstone article?

My guess is 6.

"Pearl Jam member reveals star from last recording session'
'Sad reason revealed why PJ did not record new music'

Bla bla

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 5:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

VinylGuy wrote:
Im happy that Stone seems ready to do it. Matt and Jeff too and of course Mike will be there. So its fucking Eddie Vedder.

I think we’ve know that for some time... but it still hurts to see it said so plainly in print

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 5:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i bet there would have been a TOTD album before the next PJ album if CC were still alive

SG would have put the finishing touches on their album, then toured; then Ed still would be eating caviar in Hawaii and so the "guys" would just get together and do TOTD

and it would have been better than any PJ album since Binaural

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 5:48 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Bi_3 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

I think we’ve know that for some time... but it still hurts to see it said so plainly in print

I think Stone was in the same space that ed a few years ago, and that changed with Cornell´s death and i guess after the tribute he feels the need to make an album with PJ. The fact that Jeff seems so passionate about it too, its kinda cool. Hopefully they can talk to ed about it and decide whatever its going to be soon.

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 5:50 pm 
The Master

God if they felt Can't Deny Me was the start from the last sessions....

ooof.

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 6:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:

ooof.

Or the star of the last sessions.

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 6:36 pm 
Strat wrote:

ooof.

seriously...

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 7:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

joostone wrote:
Quote:
Gossard says that he, too, is ready to resume focus on recording with Pearl Jam. “We’re going to make a record, and we’re in the middle of it,” the guitarist says. “We’re just going to keep plugging away until we get one done.”

“We’ve gone in, probably, four or five times in the last couple of years, so we have a whole ton of unfinished stuff,” Ament says. “We’re just sort of in a little bit of limbo. I’m sure everybody’s got a bunch more riffs, and I’m sure Ed’s got a handful of journal lyrics. It’s just going to take us all getting into a room together for six weeks and just knocking something out.”

Quote:
Ament says he has plenty of music that would potentially work for a new Pearl Jam album. And if not, he’ll find other ways to put it out. “I just have a little groove where I write and paint and walk my dogs,” he says. “Some of the stuff, it could turn into Pearl Jam stuff, and if I get a big group of songs together, I’ll just put it out as a little solo release, which I’ve done three of or something. When I do those, it’s mostly to clean off the shelves and finish stuff; it’s stuff that has been on the Pearl Jam shelf for a few years and nobody is really responding to it. I think all of us have gotten into the habit of finishing stuff up and putting it out. This is a broken record, but I think I’ve said that I would record a lot more with Pearl Jam if that was what could happen. It just hasn’t happened for some reason.”

Stone seems ready and Jeff is beyond ready. Ed, what the hell are you doing man!!

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 7:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

I think Stone was in the same space that ed a few years ago, and that changed with Cornell´s death and i guess after the tribute he feels the need to make an album with PJ. The fact that Jeff seems so passionate about it too, its kinda cool. Hopefully they can talk to ed about it and decide whatever its going to be soon.

maybe the next album will be a throwback to Ten's writing days, where – especially – Stone and Jeff came in with the bulk of material

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 8:03 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:

ooof.

It was probably the only song Ed was motivated enough to sing on, so it was the "star" by default. If Stone and Jeff really thought it was that great, I suspect they would've pushed to hold onto it for the album.

Jeff in particular really doesn't hold back in that interview about his frustrations, I don't remember him being quite so direct before. It's almost like an open letter to Ed to stop dragging his feet.

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 8:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i heard that Ed has a lot of money and celebrity friends now and that’s why he doesn’t care about pearl jam albums anymore

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 8:31 pm 
Posting (live)

96583UP wrote:
i heard that Ed has a lot of money and celebrity friends now and that’s why he doesn’t care about pearl jam albums anymore

Can't Deny He (Hee Durr Version)

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 8:46 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:

ooof.

It was probably the only song Ed was motivated enough to sing on, so it was the "star" by default. If Stone and Jeff really thought it was that great, I suspect they would've pushed to hold onto it for the album.

Jeff in particular really doesn't hold back in that interview about his frustrations, I don't remember him being quite so direct before. It's almost like an open letter to Ed to stop dragging his feet.

He is really direct always. He is been saying this stuff for a long time. This one is specially directed to Ed in terms of what he has been doing. At this point the whole band wants to spend 6 week hammering new songs. Eddie? i dont know.

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 8:52 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

fuck it, start a new band without eddie and see how fast he comes around

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 9:09 pm 
AnalLog

bodysnatcher wrote:
maybe the next album will be a throwback to Ten's writing days, where – especially – Stone and Jeff came in with the bulk of material

awe, that's cute

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 9:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

gardenparty wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

awe, that's cute

you couldn't see my eyeroll as i was typing. this is why reading – and not seeing/hearing – ruins the message!

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 9:26 pm 
AnalLog

bodysnatcher wrote:
gardenparty wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

awe, that's cute

you couldn't see my eyeroll as i was typing. this is why reading – and not seeing/hearing – ruins the message!

i had a feeling that was the case

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 10:01 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
My god that is a depressing article.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam