The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 69 ]
4 stars 55%  55%  [ 143 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 27 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 262
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:01 pm 
Major Dude

Does the gas in your tank feel like money in the bank?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:48 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Gas in my tank feels like something that will be stank

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It clearly belonged with the Into the Wild songs.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

evenslow wrote:
Quote:
"Can't Deny Me" is a song by the American alternative rock band Pearl Jam, released as the first single from their upcoming as-yet-untitled eleventh studio album. The song was released on March 10, 2018 as a digital download exclusively on Pearl Jam's Ten Club fan club. "Can't Deny Me" peaked at No. 11 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.

Has a band - now or in recent memory - ever announced a forthcoming album, released a single from it, and then made fans wait over a year (and counting) for the album? I am curious.

Chinese Democracy is the closest I can think of, but they never released a song from the album years ahead it, I think. I dunno. This is all kind of mismanaged.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:38 pm 
The Master

Coach wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Quote:
"Can't Deny Me" is a song by the American alternative rock band Pearl Jam, released as the first single from their upcoming as-yet-untitled eleventh studio album. The song was released on March 10, 2018 as a digital download exclusively on Pearl Jam's Ten Club fan club. "Can't Deny Me" peaked at No. 11 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.

Has a band - now or in recent memory - ever announced a forthcoming album, released a single from it, and then made fans wait over a year (and counting) for the album? I am curious.

Chinese Democracy is the closest I can think of, but they never released a song from the album years ahead it, I think. I dunno. This is all kind of mismanaged.

Yes. Glassjaw.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Band Wasted

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rangi Guy wrote:
Band Wasted

Unenjoyable

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Coach wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Glassjaw.

But that seems more excusable. I know nothing about that band, but just did a quick search and looks like the delay was more of a fight w/ a record label: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship_and_Tribute

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:11 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Rangi Guy wrote:
Band Wasted

Brand basted

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:21 pm 
AnalLog

It soo soo quiet. There are no side-projects being recorded as far as we know...

What's happening haha... Has the band been recording the last couple of weeks? last we hear about this was from Mike? That was a couple of months ago...

Damn this record is coming along slow...

Ten through Yield = 7 years.....

Lightning Bolt through 11th album = 7 years???

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

They're all lying, dried up, hung over and dying as Ed's ego faintly glimmers upon them, fading around the bend

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

If the rumors are correct, Ed's solo album Establishment Burning is coming soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:53 pm 
Champion of RM

joostone wrote:

What's happening haha... Has the band been recording the last couple of weeks? last we hear about this was from Mike? That was a couple of months ago...

Yes, the band is currently recording. Together.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

rick malone wrote:
If the rumors are correct, Ed's solo album Establishment Burning is coming soon.

This is good enough for me to not know whether this is real rumor and speculation or a joke.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Probably the last thing I would like to hear Ed singing about is politics... and the list is probably quite long at this point... feelings, ... thoughts, ... he probably shouldn't use words anymore.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Coach wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Coach wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Glassjaw.

But that seems more excusable. I know nothing about that band, but just did a quick search and looks like the delay was more of a fight w/ a record label: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worship_and_Tribute

I’m pretty sure LV was referring to their album Material Control which was released November 2017. The first single “New White Extremity” came out January 2016.

But that’s part of being a Glassjaw fan, we waited longer for that than the new fucking Tool record.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Jammer XCI wrote:
Coach wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Coach wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Glassjaw.

I’m pretty sure LV was referring to their album Material Control which was released November 2017. The first single “New White Extremity” came out January 2016.

But that’s part of being a Glassjaw fan, we waited longer for that than the new fucking Tool record.

got it, makes sense now

pearl jam in bad company here

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:57 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

It’s been said before but I think the death of Chris Cornell clearly lays heavily on all band members.

They’re stuck in the mire of a really heavy personal situation considering the four’s most recent connection with Chris and Eddie’s obvious disapproval of his life choices and personal guilt he may feel in whatever way we’re not privy to.

Add to this they’re middle aged, multi millionaires who can no longer relate to one another and live many thousands of miles apart and the malaise is readable

My only hope is whatever comes next is beautiful or they draw a line in the sand and quit/ tour the bollocks off No Code retiring Betterman forever.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:32 pm 
AnalLog

Jeez wrote:
It’s been said before but I think the death of Chris Cornell clearly lays heavily on all band members.

They’re stuck in the mire of a really heavy personal situation considering the four’s most recent connection with Chris and Eddie’s obvious disapproval of his life choices and personal guilt he may feel in whatever way we’re not privy to.

Add to this they’re middle aged, multi millionaires who can no longer relate to one another and live many thousands of miles apart and the malaise is readable

My only hope is whatever comes next is beautiful or they draw a line in the sand and quit/ tour the bollocks off No Code retiring Betterman forever.

Yeah, I can imagine they struggle because of this. But maybe they should have already release album #11 before that....
They were already slow... the death of Cornell made it even more difficult...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam