The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23637 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 886, 887, 888, 889, 890, 891, 892 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 70 ]
4 stars 53%  53%  [ 142 ]
3 stars 12%  12%  [ 31 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 266
 Post subject: Re: The Official GIGATON Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:17 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I like half the album so I made it into a great EP:

1. Who Ever Said
2. Dance of the Clairvoyants
3. Quick Escape
4. Buckle Up
5. Take the Long Way
6. Comes Then Goes

Had they released that, I’d be thinking, “Holy shit, PJ is good again!”

That’s a nice set. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I dig that a lot. I'd remove Buckle Up and put on Seven O'Clock or Alright, myself. But that's still a great little EP.

Sorry I hate those songs

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I’ve been stuck working on emergency department training in my tiny, poorly lit downstairs “office” 8-10 hours a day, every day, for the last 15 days. I don’t know how long that schedule will continue, but at the least it’ll be weeks or months. I feel terribly overworked, a little bit useless, and very lucky all at once.

There’s a perfect storm here for me, in that an album with this exact message and feel reached me at this particular moment in time. It’s like the adult version of how I received Vitalogy just as my parent’s marriage imploded, No Code as I emerged from the rubble of that mushroom cloud and started the process of growing up and away from it all, and a warm, hopeful album with a midwestern road on the cover and a song about a human being who was given to fly on my 18th birthday.

Like those records...like the ones we most often carry with us forever...this one arrived already grafted on. It’s like my own heart sang a song, and someone else collected it for me. That’s going to make it impossible for me to accurately judge the record, or its place in the catalog. Love is blindness, and I don’t want to see.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:

these almost look like SNL pics. i wonder if that's where they came from.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:19 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
I’ve been stuck working on emergency department training in my tiny, poorly lit downstairs “office” 8-10 hours a day, every day, for the last 15 days. I don’t know how long that schedule will continue, but at the least it’ll be weeks or months. I feel terribly overworked, a little bit useless, and very lucky all at once.

There’s a perfect storm here for me, in that an album with this exact message and feel reached me at this particular moment in time. It’s like the adult version of how I received Vitalogy just as my parent’s marriage imploded, No Code as I emerged from the rubble of that mushroom cloud and started the process of growing up and away from it all, and a warm, hopeful album with a midwestern road on the cover and a song about a human being who was given to fly on my 18th birthday.

Like those records...like the ones we most often carry with us forever...this one arrived already grafted on. It’s like my own heart sang a song, and someone else collected it for me. That’s going to make it impossible for me to accurately judge the record, or its place in the catalog. Love is blindness, and I don’t want to see.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:21 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Strat wrote:
BenHoward wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
I'm looking forward to staying up till midnight on Thursday, and listening to my good quality version

this raises an interesting question. why do we think it will be released on streaming platforms? Thursday night at midnight? i've just assuming this would be an "after the kids are in bed and wife is asleep on couch" type experience on Friday night.

Because its always released on streaming platforms. 12 am eastern, so depending on where you are in the world....

yeah i fat fingered my note. i didn't mean "why". meant "when". thanks for info.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:21 pm 
AnalLog

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I like half the album so I made it into a great EP:

1. Who Ever Said
2. Dance of the Clairvoyants
3. Quick Escape
4. Buckle Up
5. Take the Long Way
6. Comes Then Goes

Had they released that, I’d be thinking, “Holy shit, PJ is good again!”

That’s a nice set. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I dig that a lot. I'd remove Buckle Up and put on Seven O'Clock or Alright, myself. But that's still a great little EP.

Sorry I hate those songs

I'm still enjoying the entire album way too much but i could see possibly shortening this thing to 10 songs with a slight re-track:

1. Who Ever Said
2. Superblood Wolfmoon
3. Dance of the Clairvoyants
4. Quick Escape
5. Alright
6. Take the Long Way
7. Buckle Up
8. Comes Then Goes
9. Seven O'Clock
10. River Cross

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:24 pm 
Banned from the Pit

superblood wolfman lololol

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:33 pm 
She / Her

Strat wrote:
BenHoward wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:
I'm looking forward to staying up till midnight on Thursday, and listening to my good quality version

this raises an interesting question. why do we think it will be released on streaming platforms? Thursday night at midnight? i've just assuming this would be an "after the kids are in bed and wife is asleep on couch" type experience on Friday night.

Because its always released on streaming platforms. 12 am eastern, so depending on where you are in the world....

it might be more like 5am here, if they stagger it, but yes, digital releases are usually on the midnight on Friday, so basically Thursday - no sleep!

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:36 pm 
Future Drummer

Boy, that second half of Who Ever Said. Boy oh boy.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:38 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:

You're good at message boarding.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:42 pm 
A Return To Form

Can someone PM me access to the leak?

RM PJ Playlist #2
Spin The Black Circle | God's Dice | Education | World Wide Suicide | Faithful
Dirty Frank | Wishlist | Dissident | Brother | All Those Yesterdays

Go Gators

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:47 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Strat wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam/videos/192241972226061/

Sounds so much richer.

I thought Alright, Take The Long Way, and I think 7:00 on the clips sounded fuller, richer, and had some things I wasn't hearing on the leak.

I didn't compare, or maybe it was because of the vocals.

The thought of this being even better is too good to be true

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:58 pm 
She / Her

I have a bad feeling that it's just that the vocals are covering up these nuances; I hope I'm wrong

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:59 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I loved the Evans interview.... it kinda shows the band was always working on something.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 4:59 pm 
AnalLog

The only song I would outright eliminate is Retrograde. I just don’t think it fits with the resf.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 5:01 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Having read how the record was made, dissapoint me a little bit. Its kind of an artificial album. The brilliance is not total merit of the band. But Im thinking George Martin, Nigel Godrich and others, so Im gonna stop whining.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 5:03 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im now thinking more of Cant Deny Me...that was produced by Brendan from a supposed album coming out in 2018. They released it, saw the backlash and decided to keep working? That song sound nothing like these batch, so at one point im sure Brendan and Josh worked together maybe?

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 5:04 pm 
She / Her

I think bands will do things this way more and more; it may or may not make people feel better, but Meshuggah always did it this way

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 5:14 pm 
AnalLog

Ms Harmless wrote:
I think bands will do things this way more and more; it may or may not make people feel better, but Meshuggah always did it this way

With what's going on in the world right now, I think it's more understandable than ever before how it's possible to effectively work remotely.
I don't take issue with it. The quality of the end product is what will endure.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2020 5:15 pm 
The Master

Im excited that they used the studio as a tool and/or other instrument in crafting the best songs possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23637 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 886, 887, 888, 889, 890, 891, 892 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam