The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 69 ]
4 stars 55%  55%  [ 144 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 26 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 262
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:46 am 
AnalLog

OmegaprimeVKM wrote:
Is this the release that finally contains the elusive Navy Bean?

I have the only demo in possession of this super rarity and I'll never play it for anyone.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:20 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Confirmed: the album isn't coming any time soon.

New interview with Jeff.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jam ... st-2307764

Were you working on this [solo] album at the same time as the new Pearl Jam record?

“The last time that the band got together and did some writing, I was just finishing up this so there was a week or two where I was doing both. But I’m not sure where we’re at, I’m not sure where the band’s at. Things got busy with tour dates and that sort of stuff.”

So there’s no update as to when fans might be able to expect the new Pearl Jam album?

“There’s not. I wish I had an update for you.”

You play UK and European shows with Pearl Jam in June and July, do you have any surprises planned?

“We start rehearsals in about 10 days, so thats probably when we’ll start throwing around ideas about maybe performing old songs we haven’t played in a while or covers. We’ll certainly play [new Pearl Jam song] ‘Can’t Deny Me’.”

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:37 pm 
The Master

"I’m not sure where the band’s at"

:(

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

lol

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 pm 
You can't rush perfection.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:38 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I’m over it. What do we all care for anyway? Why do I care? The new album, whenever it eventually comes, is going to be the worst one yet. It’s going to suck so hard. Frankly, im annoyed and even a little pissed to hear Jeff say he doesn’t know “where the band is at” and he also wishes he had an update for fans. It’s all Ed’s fault. He’s done. His creative juices and inspiration are gone and forgotten. It actually makes me sad. Of course I want to hear new songs and get a new PJ album, but at the same time, this isn’t really PJ anymore. It’s different and infinitely shittier than I ever believed PJ could be. They (Ed) have run out of anything meaningful to say and have forgotten how deliver their message in interesting ways. So I feel stuck in a place where I’m pissed that they aren’t even close to releasing a new album, but I also have zero faith that any new music will be anything other than embarrassing. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:41 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
I’m over it. What do we all care for anyway? Why do I care? The new album, whenever it eventually comes, is going to be the worst one yet. It’s going to suck so hard. Frankly, im annoyed and even a little pissed to hear Jeff say he doesn’t know “where the band is at” and he also wishes he had an update for fans. It’s all Ed’s fault. He’s done. His creative juices and inspiration are gone and forgotten. It actually makes me sad. Of course I want to hear new songs and get a new PJ album, but at the same time, this isn’t really PJ anymore. It’s different and infinitely shittier than I ever believed PJ could be. They (Ed) have run out of anything meaningful to say and have forgotten how deliver their message in interesting ways. So I feel stuck in a place where I’m pissed that they aren’t even close to releasing a new album, but I also have zero faith that any new music will be anything other than embarrassing. Ugh.

I blame Stone just as much as Ed.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah stone and ed are fucked.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

there's too much good music being released by both new and well-seasoned bands to really put forth any care towards a lingering and marginally existent band, wondering when or if they'll put out more mediocre songs. if it happens, cool. if not, not sweat off my sack.

they'll obviously randomly tour here and there bc touring pays the bills, albums don't. and it's proven that they'll sell out shows left and right without the support of new songs... bc i guarantee no one is going to these shows to hear Can't Deny Me.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:03 pm 
Poster of the Year

PHATJ wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 pm 
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

I don't blame Stone for checking out, creatively. Back in the 90s he was bang bang banging out badass riffs like nobody's business until Ed started backseat driving him, first by tinkering with his riffs to make them less radio friendly (Vitalogy), then by prioritizing full song compositions over riffs (No Code-Binaural). Stone completely changed his approach to songwriting between Vitalogy and Riot Act, moving away from riffs and toward full songs with lyrics. And just when he started really getting good at it, Ed turned his attention back toward easy, radio friendly riffs and schlock like Just Breathe, Infallible, and Future Days. Stone probably feels like he can't win.

I don't know if any of that is accurate but it felt truthy as I was typing it, so I'm going with it.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:16 pm 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:

You're really into this meltdown thing lately.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:43 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

oh good he confirmed they'll play can't deny me

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:12 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

I still blame Ed more. Ed neutered Stone when he took control of the band. And it worked through the middle records because Ed was still writing great material and the band was still creative and full of ideas. And Stone still had enough pride in himself and the band to write great songs too. It seems now that Ed’s well has run dry. He’s written every interesting musical idea he’s ever had. And his young angst and turmoil that fueled his creativity is 20 years gone. He was running on fumes, but now even that is gone. I’m happy that Ed has found joy in his family. That’s awesome for him as a man. But as a musician it certainly doesn’t supply the same kinds of inspiration that he thrived off of for 15 years. And Stone just slowly shrunk into nothing. His motivation obviously is long gone and his influence in the band just keeps dwindling. So the PJ we get these days has a singer/songwriter that is out of interesting musical ideas and doesn’t have much left to say, a former leader and riff writing god that got all his mojo sucked out, a bass player that always feels out of the loop, a lead guitarist that isn’t suited to be the primary song writer, and a drummer that isn’t encouraged (or maybe even allowed) to use his creativity to push the band in interesting directions. Oh yeah, there’s a keyboard player and super shitty producer too. All of these things can be directly traced to Ed and his vision/leadership. PJ was nothing without Ed and now they have become nothing because of Ed.

Last edited by PHATJ on Fri May 04, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:13 pm 

chewm wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

You're really into this meltdown thing lately.

I’m seeing the world with clarity. Just like Kanye.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
"I’m not sure where the band’s at"

:(

Well, we know where they aren't.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:19 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

hilarious how the 10C meanwhile jumps out there pumping this "single" like it's the lead to a new album

gotta keep the cash machine going and keep the FAITHFULLLLLLLLL on the hook

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:

*Liked*

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 am 

96583UP wrote:
hilarious how the 10C meanwhile jumps out there pumping this "single" like it's the lead to a new album

gotta keep the cash machine going and keep the FAITHFULLLLLLLLL on the hook

:roll: fucking 10C.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam