The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 179  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13168
Im giving another listen to Jeff´s podcast. What an amazing artist.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 9413
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Spike, those were bad.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 15208
Location: Seattle, WA
:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 17207
I was working off the established Bi_3 vibe.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3434
spike wrote:
I was working off the established Bi_3 vibe.


I like Radiohead

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 61484
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
VinylGuy wrote:
Im giving another listen to Jeff´s podcast. What an amazing artist.

Just listened this morning. Dude seems super cool. If I ever meet any of the ding-dongs in this band, I hope it's Jeff.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13168
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Im giving another listen to Jeff´s podcast. What an amazing artist.

Just listened this morning. Dude seems super cool. If I ever meet any of the ding-dongs in this band, I hope it's Jeff.


Yeah, and also his relationship with work and arts...its very cool...and what a career!

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12438
Location: Mizzou
He just seems so down to earth. I love that his biggest splurge was floor seats for the Sonics.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13168
Oh yeah, and a car.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 61484
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
He just seems so down to earth. I love that his biggest splurge was floor seats for the Sonics.

I know right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 61484
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Listening to that really has me missing Pearl Jam.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4909
tmcs wrote:
Anders wrote:
Listening to it now. Really loving it. I wish they did this for the whole band.


Ed's would be insufferable.

I agreed at first ... but now that I have actually listened to the Jeff interview, I would love to hear the same guy interview the whole band. Ed has an extremely weird family dynamic background, it would be an interesting story to hear in this format.

Actually I take that back. Stone's interview would be pretty boring: I grew up in Wallingford and went skiing a lot.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 5944
Location: Oslo, Norway
Bammer wrote:
tmcs wrote:
Anders wrote:
Listening to it now. Really loving it. I wish they did this for the whole band.


Ed's would be insufferable.

I agreed at first ... but now that I have actually listened to the Jeff interview, I would love to hear the same guy interview the whole band. Ed has an extremely weird family dynamic background, it would be an interesting story to hear in this format.

Actually I take that back. Stone's interview would be pretty boring: I grew up in Wallingford and went skiing a lot.


Agree with everything you said until the Stone part. I am sure the Ed interview would be great.

Stone has done so much, played in many bands like Jeff (several of the same), lived in Seattle his whole life, and lived that scene. Basically created Ten and much of Vs. He's a cool guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4909
Anders wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tmcs wrote:
Anders wrote:
Listening to it now. Really loving it. I wish they did this for the whole band.


Ed's would be insufferable.

I agreed at first ... but now that I have actually listened to the Jeff interview, I would love to hear the same guy interview the whole band. Ed has an extremely weird family dynamic background, it would be an interesting story to hear in this format.

Actually I take that back. Stone's interview would be pretty boring: I grew up in Wallingford and went skiing a lot.


Agree with everything you said until the Stone part. I am sure the Ed interview would be great.

Stone has done so much, played in many bands like Jeff (several of the same), lived in Seattle his whole life, and lived that scene. Basically created Ten and much of Vs. He's a cool guy.

You probably should listen to a Stone interview so it can help you grasp the whole sarcasm thing 8-)

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 5944
Location: Oslo, Norway
Bammer wrote:
Anders wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tmcs wrote:
Anders wrote:
Listening to it now. Really loving it. I wish they did this for the whole band.


Ed's would be insufferable.

I agreed at first ... but now that I have actually listened to the Jeff interview, I would love to hear the same guy interview the whole band. Ed has an extremely weird family dynamic background, it would be an interesting story to hear in this format.

Actually I take that back. Stone's interview would be pretty boring: I grew up in Wallingford and went skiing a lot.


Agree with everything you said until the Stone part. I am sure the Ed interview would be great.

Stone has done so much, played in many bands like Jeff (several of the same), lived in Seattle his whole life, and lived that scene. Basically created Ten and much of Vs. He's a cool guy.

You probably should listen to a Stone interview so it can help you grasp the whole sarcasm thing 8-)


That was sarcasm?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13168
Stone would be great.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4909
Anders wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Anders wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tmcs wrote:
Anders wrote:
Listening to it now. Really loving it. I wish they did this for the whole band.


Ed's would be insufferable.

I agreed at first ... but now that I have actually listened to the Jeff interview, I would love to hear the same guy interview the whole band. Ed has an extremely weird family dynamic background, it would be an interesting story to hear in this format.

Actually I take that back. Stone's interview would be pretty boring: I grew up in Wallingford and went skiing a lot.


Agree with everything you said until the Stone part. I am sure the Ed interview would be great.

Stone has done so much, played in many bands like Jeff (several of the same), lived in Seattle his whole life, and lived that scene. Basically created Ten and much of Vs. He's a cool guy.

You probably should listen to a Stone interview so it can help you grasp the whole sarcasm thing 8-)


That was sarcasm?

Oops sorry. Intellectual sarcasm?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Last edited by Bammer on Sat January 13, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4909
VinylGuy wrote:
Stone would be great.

I really would love to hear all of the guys’ stories.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 2:38 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 10:13 pm
Posts: 632
Interview wise I'd have to give Jeff the top rank. He seems the most engaged and genuine and he feels present and in the moment, not trying to put up a screen or a front. Ed is sorta doing the Bob Dylan mystery man thing or a second rate Jeff Spicoli, depending on how much weed he's smoked or if he's just come from a surf. Stone probably has the most potential cause he's intelligent and articulate, but I think he's more concerned with trying to be funny. Mike is also genuine, but he just doesn't feel very articulate. Matt I want to hear more of. He seems very willing to really geek out on on a music level if he's provoked with the right questions. Alot of these really depend on who the interviewer is. I really thought the Lightning Bolt interviews were the best put together promotional items they've ever done.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12438
Location: Mizzou
Tuolumne wrote:
Interview wise I'd have to give Jeff the top rank. He seems the most engaged and genuine and he feels present and in the moment, not trying to put up a screen or a front. Ed is sorta doing the Bob Dylan mystery man thing or a second rate Jeff Spicoli, depending on how much weed he's smoked or if he's just come from a surf. Stone probably has the most potential cause he's intelligent and articulate, but I think he's more concerned with trying to be funny. Mike is also genuine, but he just doesn't feel very articulate. Matt I want to hear more of. He seems very willing to really geek out on on a music level if he's provoked with the right questions. Alot of these really depend on who the interviewer is. I really thought the Lightning Bolt interviews were the best put together promotional items they've ever done.


I agree with all of this. I think it really helped the Lightning Bolt interviews were done by friends of the band. Could skip the cliche questions.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 179  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu April 26, 2018 1:07 pm