The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 169  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post-Riot Act Moneygrab
PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2020 1:38 am 
Stone's Bitch

96583UP wrote:

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2020 1:39 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

96583UP wrote:

i revise this PRAMG inference as they are using it as a means to promote donations to Vitalogy Foundation

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2020 1:41 am 
She / Her

yeah I don't find that usage tasteless and it sounds really nice

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2020 4:13 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Was there ever a pre Riot Act Money Exchange?

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2020 2:02 pm 
Broken Tamborine

EJ wrote:
Was there ever a pre Riot Act Money Exchange?

Yeah, it's called the 10 club

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 3:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

********PRAMG ALERT SYSTEM ACTIVATED*******

Quote:
Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder played a private show for NetJets on Saturday night at Ice Palace Film Studios in Miami.

The visionary bringing you an unabashedly climate-change themed album presents:

A private performance at a miami beach superbowl party honoring a private jet company

https://www.jambase.com/article/eddie-vedder-kobe-bryant-miami

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 3:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

even if for charity there is no justifying this when you are doing a climate change album

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 3:48 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I wonder if he brought his personal submarine for this trip.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 3:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he's wearing the gilet again

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 4:11 am 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
he's wearing the gilet again

I laughed at this.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 5:17 am 
AnalLog

96583UP wrote:
********PRAMG ALERT SYSTEM ACTIVATED*******

Quote:
Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder played a private show for NetJets on Saturday night at Ice Palace Film Studios in Miami.

The visionary bringing you an unabashedly climate-change themed album presents:

A private performance at a miami beach superbowl party honoring a private jet company

https://www.jambase.com/article/eddie-vedder-kobe-bryant-miami

bwhahahahahhhahahhahahahaahha the best.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 5:34 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Nice kicks.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 6:31 am 
Broken Tamborine

I must be in the minority but I say make that cash and don't apologize. Imagine the flack they would get if they were still brooding as millionaire fifty year olds...

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 7:26 am 
A Return To Form

I don’t think it’s that they make money, it’s that PJ sell an ethos of consideration and humility in situation where it’s missing...from emotional early period, to binaural and riot act talking about immoral companies (insignificance, unemployable ) greed (Green disease) advertising isolating people (ghost) the list goes on... up to the abomination of Cant Deny Me where Ed calls out ‘the rich man’.... groan

Dave Grohl is swimming in dough but no one gives him crap for flying around in a private jet or taking corporate sponsorship because he doesn’t make his money by criticising it. Ed built this persona of a punk rock ethos for years, up to 2006 and just cashed it in over and over. It’s becoming more and more apparent while they do try to limit and control coverage of it. The salesforce AGM was the turning point for me.

I wish it wasn’t the case but I try to separate it from my enjoyment of the music. DOTC bodes well, a climate change album at this point is suspect anyway and I fear ‘woke’ but I’m nearly 40 and fanboying about the band is sad. I hope that I can take something from their perspective that I can apply to my own life at this stage and not get caught up in the band I loved 20 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 7:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Good post. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 8:01 am 
Gone

Ed dresses like a lame ass mall walker. The bored husband browsing the current events section of Barnes and Noble while his wife returns a blouse at Dillard's.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 8:23 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Ed dresses like a lame ass mall walker. The bored husband browsing the current events section of Barnes and Noble while his wife returns a blouse at Dillard's.

:shock: Ed and I are closer than I realised.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 8:33 am 
Broken Tamborine

Huell wrote:
I don’t think it’s that they make money, it’s that PJ sell an ethos of consideration and humility in situation where it’s missing...from emotional early period, to binaural and riot act talking about immoral companies (insignificance, unemployable ) greed (Green disease) advertising isolating people (ghost) the list goes on... up to the abomination of Cant Deny Me where Ed calls out ‘the rich man’.... groan

Dave Grohl is swimming in dough but no one gives him crap for flying around in a private jet or taking corporate sponsorship because he doesn’t make his money by criticising it. Ed built this persona of a punk rock ethos for years, up to 2006 and just cashed it in over and over. It’s becoming more and more apparent while they do try to limit and control coverage of it. The salesforce AGM was the turning point for me.

I wish it wasn’t the case but I try to separate it from my enjoyment of the music. DOTC bodes well, a climate change album at this point is suspect anyway and I fear ‘woke’ but I’m nearly 40 and fanboying about the band is sad. I hope that I can take something from their perspective that I can apply to my own life at this stage and not get caught up in the band I loved 20 years ago.

Well said. I just think it’s completely unrealistic to apply an ethos from 25 years ago to the band now. They’re mid fifties and 90% of the U.S. doesn’t even realize they are even a band anymore. They had a snippet of a song on a Super Bowl commercial and only the hardest of the hardcore would even have realized it was them.

They may have sold out by their own standards but in the large scheme of things they have remained pretty much under the radar. Except for the Target commercial, that was pure ass :haha:

At the end of the day they’ve become your standard rich “Hollywood” liberals which is almost always a recipe for gross hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 8:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

A private performance for a jet company, in these climate change times, seems a lot worse than a Target commercial.

Last edited by Anders on Wed February 05, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2020 12:40 pm 
Champion of RM

Am I the only one who thinks they've graduated from PRAMG and entered into the Post Lightning Bolt Money Grab era? They've upped the ante already. Massive Deal with Ticketmaster. Verizon commercial. Private jet private shows. Think about it folks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 169  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam