The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 169  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post-Riot Act Moneygrab
PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:30 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Do I have to grow a beard and drink out of a mason jar?

PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

we drink beer out of champagne flutes over here. can you hang?

PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:35 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

bodysnatcher wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

RAGE

PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

RAGE

dude, i drank 26 glasses of beer the other day. you can drink so much more out of flutes.

PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:46 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

bodysnatcher wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

RAGE

dude, i drank 26 glasses of beer the other day. you can drink so much more out of flutes.

What kind of finger food did they have there?

PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

RAGE

What kind of finger food did they have there?

Ritz crackers and mayonnaise

PostPosted: Mon April 30, 2018 11:57 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Vegemite or gtfo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'd rather eat soggy dandruff

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:21 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Vegemite is elevated when on a Salada, with butter and cheese. It's gotta be a decent quality cut cheese.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:40 am 
Broken Tamborine

A few days old, but didn't see this anywhere else?

https://www.stereogum.com/1993984/seatlle-hotel-unveils-pearl-jam-suite/news/

"The Edgewater, which also has a Beatles-themed suite, is now taking bookings in its Pearl Jam suite. The hotel partnered with the band and their fan club to put together the new hotel suite. According to the hotel’s website, the suite includes “industrial, grunge-inspired designs,” “authentic band art posters,” “fan representation in design,” and “ultimate rock ‘n’ roll luxury.”"

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

there are rooms off the highway that look more comfortable

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:47 am 
Broken Tamborine

96583UP wrote:
there are rooms off the highway that look more comfortable

Yeah, the last line of the article pretty much sums it up: "Alternately, you could stay in a Motel 6 and hang a Mother Love Bone poster on the wall."

PostPosted: Fri September 28, 2018 12:19 pm 
Stone's Bitch

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... elessness/

Quote:
Pearl Jam announces donation to help end youth homelessness

A month after holding two-sold out concerts at Seattle’s Safeco Field to raise money to combat homelessness, Pearl Jam revealed that some of the money would go toward ensuring no young people have to live outside.

The initiative, announced at YouthCare’s Orion Center for homeless youth, was the first major donation the band has awarded since the the Home Shows concerts in early August. On hand for the announcement were Pearl Jam guitarists Mike McCready and Stone Gossard, as well as Washington first lady Trudi Inslee.

A total of $1.3 million was awarded Thursday, but only $600,000 came from the Home Shows initiative. The rest was from the Raikes Foundation and glassybaby, a hand-blown glass company in Seattle that was a partner on the Home Shows.

Most of the donation — about $1.2 million — will go toward a Seattle and King County effort to end youth homelessness by the year 2020, overseen by All Home, the county’s regional homeless-coordinating agency.

The rest of the money will help fund the initial stages of a new Anchor Community initiative by the nonprofit A Way Home Washington to end youth homelessness in the Washington counties of Pierce, Spokane, Yakima and Walla Walla by 2022. All four counties applied to be an Anchor Community, but A Way Home officials hope to eventually expand the program statewide, with support from other philanthropic organizations.

Pearl Jam determined how to allocate funds raised from the concerts, as well as from philanthropic and individual donations, with the help of an informal advisory board. The board is made up of homeless-service providers and members of the philanthropic community, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, Schultz Family Foundation, Seattle Foundation, all four of which help fund The Seattle Times’ Project Homeless.

Speaking at Thursday’s news conference, McCready, Pearl Jam’s lead guitarist, reiterated his belief that Seattle has to lead the way on ending homelessness if any progress is to be made.

“If we can’t do it here,” McCready said, “we can’t do it anywhere.”

An estimated 1,518 unaccompanied young people under age 25 were considered homeless during this year’s King County one-night homeless count, according to All Home. Three-quarters of them had no shelter on the night of the January count and a third identified as LGBTQ.

A Way Home has said there are roughly 13,000 so-called unaccompanied youth — kids who are not in the custody of a parent or guardian -who access homeless services across the state.

In early August, Pearl Jam reported they had raised around $11 million for homeless initiatives, a number they planned to firm up next week, when they announce how the rest of the money will be spent.

PostPosted: Fri September 28, 2018 12:41 pm 
The Master

Stone is doing his part by wearing that same striped shirt for the last twenty years and donating all other shirts to homeless people

PostPosted: Fri September 28, 2018 3:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

congrats to all. all those sticker sets were not in vain

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 1:53 am 
AnalLog

lol Netjets show. these are the .01%. and he lets them get on stage and dance!

https://www.alternativenation.net/eddie ... e-company/

PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 1:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

to raise $11 million for charity, specifically a cause(s) that many here would support given my reading in the news forum, should be applauded.

the lyrics change in Immortality at Fenway II was another highlight from those ballpark shows - speaking of which, I think Ed changed it from the original "I die just to live" at the end there to "I won't die just to live - that's not my way."

PostPosted: Thu October 04, 2018 4:14 pm 
The Master

THE HOME SHOWS - OUR BENEFICIARIES
Thanks to your support, The Home Shows raised $10.8 million for almost 100 organizations working to fight homelessness in Seattle and King County.

We raised these funds with the help of more than 170 businesses, foundations, and restaurants-- along with thousands of individuals, and 90,000 concertgoers.

“From the start, we hoped businesses, foundations and individuals would see themselves in this work,” said Stone Gossard. “The Home Shows initiative is about bringing the issue of homelessness closer to all of us—increasing our understanding of a complex issue, our empathy for our neighbors experiencing homelessness, and our resolve for working together. We’re proud of what our city has done. Now we need to stay inspired. There’s a lot more to do.”

Most of The Home Shows Partners have designated funds to organizations that will receive their financial commitments, which total nearly $7.8 million. A full list of beneficiaries can be found on The Home Shows website.

More than $1.3 million will be distributed by The Home Shows to nonprofits selected by Pearl Jam with guidance from a 13-member Advisory Group of service providers, issue experts and funders. Those funds will be targeted to two areas:

DIVERSION
The Home Shows will invest in Diversion, a tested and proven, low-cost strategy that helps people who’ve recently become homeless move quickly into housing before they slide deeper into the homelessness system.

YOUTH HOMELESSNESS
The Home Shows will also invest in to two coordinated efforts in Washington State and King County focused on housing young people who are experiencing homelessness, and preventing them from becoming homeless in the first place - significantly reducing the likelihood they’ll ever experience homelessness as an adult.

An additional $1.7 million will be granted by Partners, the band and the Advisory Group, based on a future needs assessment.

Learn more about The Home Shows and people who are experiencing homelessness, and see how you made a difference on this issue on The Home Shows website.

PostPosted: Thu October 04, 2018 7:10 pm 
known prankster

Bunch of cucks

PostPosted: Thu October 04, 2018 11:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

and $500,000 will be paid to former construction worker Geno DiSantorio of Seacaucus, NJ, because 'it would be a shame if somebody got hurt'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 169  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam