Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Avocado Demos II leak!

Fri March 23, 2018 4:04 am

delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:Hey! I just noticed you are from St. Paul, me too!

Nice! If you're still in the area I'll buy you a beer next time they come through.

:thumbsup: That would be great. Thanks. I live in the northern suburbs. You?

Fri March 23, 2018 4:20 am

PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:

Nice! If you're still in the area I'll buy you a beer next time they come through.

St. Paul proper. Couple miles west of downtown.

Fri March 23, 2018 4:23 am

delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:

Nice. Ever eat at the Refuge? Or go to the Happy Gnome? Also, Barrel Theory is amazeballz.

Fri March 23, 2018 4:36 am

PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:

Nice. Ever eat at the Refuge? Or go to the Happy Gnome? Also, Barrel Theory is amazeballz.

Used to like the Gnome, but haven't been forever. Don't think I know the Refuge. Been wanting to get to Barrel Theory but there's so many other great breweries around here that I just haven't gotten there yet.

Fri March 23, 2018 4:41 am

delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:

Used to like the Gnome, but haven't been forever. Don't think I know the Refuge. Been wanting to get to Barrel Theory but there's so many other great breweries around here that I just haven't gotten there yet.

The a Refuge is a block away from the Gnome. It’s famous for its Tennessee fried chicken, but it has the best burger in the Twin Cities. Seek it out.

Barrel Theory is absolutely worth checking out. Easily a top five area brewery for me, and I’ve been to more than my fair share.

Fri March 23, 2018 4:52 am

PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:

The a Refuge is a block away from the Gnome. It’s famous for its Tennessee fried chicken, but it has the best burger in the Twin Cities. Seek it out.

Barrel Theory is absolutely worth checking out. Easily a top five area brewery for me, and I’ve been to more than my fair share.

:thumbsup:

Fri March 23, 2018 6:59 am

delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
delanoche wrote:

:thumbsup:

I called ur the Refuge like 99 times, the damn place is called Revival. :lol: I was stoned but that’s not even a worthy excuse, I’ve been to the restaurant several times. REVIVAL. It’s REVIVAL.

Fri March 23, 2018 7:00 am

The Refuge is a golf course. :lol:

Fri March 23, 2018 12:47 pm

well this news is news to me

Fri March 23, 2018 12:48 pm

are any of these worth listening to or is it just more disagreeable pap like the last fifteen years

Fri March 23, 2018 12:48 pm

thank you for your concern in this pressing matter

Fri March 23, 2018 12:50 pm

--- wrote:are any of these worth listening to or is it just more disagreeable pap like the last fifteen years

Totally worth listening to, decidedly better than anything from the last two albums.

Fri March 23, 2018 1:51 pm

PHATJ wrote:
--- wrote:are any of these worth listening to or is it just more disagreeable pap like the last fifteen years

Totally worth listening to, decidedly better than anything from the last two albums.

Yea. Tons of cool and unique things. Maybe, until further evidence, the last time they challenged themselves musically.

S/T could have been a completely different record. i wish they would just revisit some of this stuff.

Fri March 23, 2018 3:50 pm

By all accounts the recording of Avocado was a slog. It took a long time and wasn't enjoyable.

They returned to Brendan O'Brien because he was a familiar presence. He'd gotten a lot of material out of Springsteen in the 00s and Vedder is quoted as saying that the Springsteen/O'Brien collab is what influenced the band (or rather Vedder) to reunite with B'OB.

Remember in 2009 how excited everyone on here was when it was announced that B'OB was coming back as a producer?

Fri March 23, 2018 3:54 pm

With hindsight I wish the band wasn't so focused on making an Iraq/terror focused album at this time. It hasn't aged as well and there is obviously a lot of good material that didn't make it.

Fri March 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:With hindsight I wish the band wasn't so focused on making an Iraq/terror focused album at this time. It hasn't aged as well and there is obviously a lot of good material that didn't make it.

I dunno, could be super relevant within the next 12 months

Fri March 23, 2018 5:35 pm

worth a listen

Fri March 23, 2018 5:43 pm

a heed-worthy endorsement

Fri March 23, 2018 5:50 pm

I've listened to Cold Confession on repeat since yesterday. Best thing they've done since Binaural.

Fri March 23, 2018 6:00 pm

dad wrote:I've listened to Cold Confession on repeat since yesterday. Best thing they've done since Binaural.

It sounds to me like it kind of morphed into "Army Reserve". The chord progressions are very similar, and you can even sing "Army Reserve" on top of it.
Post a reply