The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Photo Thread
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2024 10:51 pm 
Production Police

Maybe they sent Mike to rehab to get him away from Dave

PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2024 10:57 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

wease wrote:
Just odd that Ed and Jeff would let anyone from the PJ camp be friendly towards him, really.

Digging out this story Dave told in Mark Yarm's Everybody Loves Our Town, which suggests he at least had some contact with Stone, Mike and Jeff after being fired.

Quote:
I got home and Mike called and Jeff called. I think it was difficult for everybody in the band, except for the one person I never spoke with after that, which was Eddie. The only time I ever had two words with Eddie since I got fired was two or three years later. I was sitting with Alain Johannes from Eleven on the curb after a Chris Cornell show in Seattle, and Eddie came up to us. He said, “Dave Abbruzzese,” and kinda put his arms out in greeting, because he couldn’t hide from me. And I stood up and realized how much shorter he was than I remembered. I think it was a one-armed hug. He started rambling and tried to join in our conversation, and he ended up toddling off. There was a little part of me that would’ve loved to clobber him and another part of me that felt like I already had, just by the fact that I could still sleep at night and I was still proud of everything that we accomplished.

That Cornell show must be one or other of the Seattle shows on the 1999 Euphoria Morning tour, either 26 November at the Paramount Theatre or 27 November at the Columbia City Theatre.

PostPosted: Sun February 11, 2024 12:51 am 
Major Dude

I always thought Jeff didn’t like him either.

PostPosted: Sun February 11, 2024 1:27 am 
Future Drummer

I have no idea why anyone would give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Sun February 11, 2024 1:52 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Didn’t Dave A just give an interview where he said he hadn’t heard a word from anyone except Matt since being fired?

Edit: yup

Abbruzzese: It's strange – I'm actually in contact with Dave Krusen, Jack Irons, and Matt Cameron, but I haven't spoken to or heard from any of the other band members since I got fired. Not one thing. I had spoken to Kelly, our old manager, quite a bit over the years, and then reached out to him and found out that he had retired and Smitty [Mark Smith], who used to work for Rat Sound, has become the band's manager, which is great. Smitty and I always had a good rapport, so that's nice.

So I'm in touch with Smitty and the other drummers, but no, I haven't heard from or spoken to any of the other guys since '95, '96 when we were working out settlement stuff on the business side of things.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam