Fri October 20, 2017 7:53 pm

i like this record

Re: Lost Dogs: Official Album Thread

Fri October 20, 2017 8:55 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:i like this record

Me too.

Sat October 21, 2017 1:55 pm

I actually wish they had done something slightly different with Lost Dogs. I am overjoyed we got what we got, but I still feel there was a legit chance there of making a great album. Instead we got a mixed bag when playing it the way it was released. We've got great album quality songs from 96 onwards like All Night, Sad, Down, Education, Undone, Fatal, Other Side, Strangest Tribe, In The Moonlight, Black, Red, Yellow, and classics like Wash, Footsteps, Alone, Yellow Ledbetter, as well as Hold On. If they wanted to include the remaining songs, I wish they had put all the lesser songs on disc two. With 2-3 more unreleased songs, they could have even made a full proper sounding album of new songs, and then put all the classics to lead off the mixed bag disc two.

Sat October 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:i like this record

Me too.

Yeah I'm a fan.

Sat October 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Anders wrote:I actually wish they had done something slightly different with Lost Dogs. I am overjoyed we got what we got, but I still feel there was a legit chance there of making a great album. Instead we got a mixed bag when playing it the way it was released. We've got great album quality songs from 96 onwards like All Night, Sad, Down, Education, Undone, Fatal, Other Side, Strangest Tribe, In The Moonlight, Black, Red, Yellow, and classics like Wash, Footsteps, Alone, Yellow Ledbetter, as well as Hold On. If they wanted to include the remaining songs, I wish they had put all the lesser songs on disc two. With 2-3 more unreleased songs, they could have even made a full proper sounding album of new songs, and then put all the classics to lead off the mixed bag disc two.

why aren't you including Hard to Imagine

Sat October 21, 2017 4:20 pm

chewm wrote:
Anders wrote:I actually wish they had done something slightly different with Lost Dogs. I am overjoyed we got what we got, but I still feel there was a legit chance there of making a great album. Instead we got a mixed bag when playing it the way it was released. We've got great album quality songs from 96 onwards like All Night, Sad, Down, Education, Undone, Fatal, Other Side, Strangest Tribe, In The Moonlight, Black, Red, Yellow, and classics like Wash, Footsteps, Alone, Yellow Ledbetter, as well as Hold On. If they wanted to include the remaining songs, I wish they had put all the lesser songs on disc two. With 2-3 more unreleased songs, they could have even made a full proper sounding album of new songs, and then put all the classics to lead off the mixed bag disc two.

Just forgot. Love that song.

Sat October 21, 2017 6:37 pm

chewm wrote:

Why ARE you including All Night?

Sat October 21, 2017 6:40 pm

mikejasond wrote:
chewm wrote:

Why ARE you including All Night?

Because it's fantastic.

Sat October 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Does not have Sunburn so

Is bad

Sat October 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Actually even at the time it felt like an unnecessary release. This type of package benefits from coming as late in your career as possible.

Add Sunburn and a few other things, wait several years, and then you also have all those ST leftovers.

Fri October 27, 2017 5:28 pm

No let's actually listen? Wow. Through the day I will try to listen to all songs and say what I think of them. Is there any reference to what albums these songs could have been on? Want to decide which ones should have had spots.

Fri October 27, 2017 5:31 pm

mikejasond wrote:No let's actually listen? Wow. Through the day I will try to listen to all songs and say what I think of them. Is there any reference to what albums these songs could have been on? Want to decide which ones should have had spots.

I don't understand your question. Have you ever looked at the booklet for the collection? They give a little background on each song, and they often mention which record it was supposed to be on; Google can answer the rest.

The biggest crime is all the unnecessary tinkering and re-recording. The original Fan Club Single version of Driftin' was a low-key masterpiece in relaxed simplicity; the LD version is a monstrosity. Though I will admit I prefer the LD version of Wash.

Fri October 27, 2017 6:42 pm

mikejasond wrote:No let's actually listen? Wow. Through the day I will try to listen to all songs and say what I think of them. Is there any reference to what albums these songs could have been on? Want to decide which ones should have had spots.

There is a let's actually listen thread. I started it. I'll give you a link later if you can't find it or someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Fri October 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Here you go, MJD: http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8932

Fri April 01, 2022 5:11 pm

They did such a nice job with the graphic.

Fri April 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Saw that this morning. Funny. Wish it was true.

Fri April 01, 2022 5:33 pm

B wrote:They did such a nice job with the graphic.

https://www.amazon.de/That-Leave-Behind ... B08DC84FL3

Wish it was true, too. When I read "45 CDs and 75 double vinyls" I thought that it would be too expensive for me, and then I realized what day it was. :haha:

Fri April 01, 2022 5:36 pm

Johnny Turner wrote:
B wrote:They did such a nice job with the graphic.

https://www.amazon.de/That-Leave-Behind ... B08DC84FL3

Wish it was true, too. When I read "45 CDs and 75 double vinyls" I thought that it would be too expensive for me, and then I realized what day it was. :haha:

Same :) I fortunately didn't get far in before I remembered.
Post a reply