Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Is the Wealthy Eddie Vedder meme the best thing PJ related since Riot Act?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 82

Re: The Wealthy Eddie Vedder meme

Mon March 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Tue March 07, 2017 12:50 am

neutral to 5th gear in one post

Tue March 07, 2017 5:27 am

B wrote:The least he could do is record an album to justify those pricey tickets. :shake:

Moving on a neutral train

Thu March 09, 2017 4:40 pm

This still makes me laugh.

Thu March 09, 2017 4:45 pm

I love these the most.

Thu March 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Fri March 10, 2017 4:09 am

i support this thread

Fri March 10, 2017 4:33 am

Jack Nicholson as The Joker reminds me a lot of POTUS.

Fri March 10, 2017 9:32 am

Just had a look at the prices for his gigs in London, had not seen him or PJ since the Backspacer tour.... £95 to £62 booking fee included. I was on the fence about whether he really was a greedy whore but this is the tipping point. Listening to Yield a lot this week too and I am like honestly, people on the boards are like "oh they just grew up, and are out of that adolescent phase" my answer to that is "Greed is greed"... Really, he used to stand for something and without that, he is just the lead singer of Creed with a better backing band.

Fri March 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Huell wrote:Listening to Yield a lot this week too and I am like honestly, people on the boards are like "oh they just grew up, and are out of that adolescent phase" my answer to that is "Greed is greed"... Really, he used to stand for something and without that, he is just the lead singer of Creed with a better backing band.

Y'know, Ed was already in his late 20s / early 30s when they were going on against Ticketmaster and corporate greed and all that. He was a grown man. "Adolescent phase" seems like an odd way to describe it.

Fri March 10, 2017 5:16 pm

I just don't have it in me to have this conversation anymore

Fri March 10, 2017 5:17 pm

But I do have it in me to post about how I don't have it in me

Fri March 10, 2017 5:26 pm

stip wrote:I just don't have it in me to have this conversation anymore

I have just enough in me to quote you on this.

Fri March 10, 2017 5:37 pm

You guys do realize that Ed has personal chefs and butlers to pay now?

Sat March 11, 2017 5:05 am

Don't you understand that part now? I'm just like you. I'm just like you.

Mon April 10, 2017 8:24 pm

I voted yes. This thread is #LIFE . I still love Ed, though.

Wed April 12, 2017 4:00 pm

theplatypus wrote:
Huell wrote:Listening to Yield a lot this week too and I am like honestly, people on the boards are like "oh they just grew up, and are out of that adolescent phase" my answer to that is "Greed is greed"... Really, he used to stand for something and without that, he is just the lead singer of Creed with a better backing band.

Y'know, Ed was already in his late 20s / early 30s when they were going on against Ticketmaster and corporate greed and all that. He was a grown man. "Adolescent phase" seems like an odd way to describe it.

Yeah, I was going to say, an adolescent phase doesn't happen in your 30's.

Wed April 12, 2017 4:29 pm

numbers wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I dunno about that. Some of the guys I know....

Fri April 14, 2017 1:51 am

numbers wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

it does when you're a rock star

Fri April 14, 2017 1:52 am

i'd argue to say that rock stars are perpetually stuck in adolescence
Post a reply