Insignificance
49%

Total votes : 128

Finals: Corduroy vs. Insignificance

Mon April 14, 2014 1:02 am

It's the finals!

Re: Finals: Corduroy vs. Insignificance

Mon April 14, 2014 1:03 am

Immortality/Corduroy would have been a tough call. With all due respect to insignificance, this is not.

Mon April 14, 2014 1:04 am

I'll go Insignificance.

Mon April 14, 2014 1:10 am

Pineapple bombs

Mon April 14, 2014 1:14 am

Team Insignifiance.

Mon April 14, 2014 1:21 am

Team Binaural!

Mon April 14, 2014 1:29 am

Mon April 14, 2014 1:32 am

This is definitely a tough one. I take each song on its own, with no history or drama behind any of it, I cant fucking decide.

Emotions involved I want to go with Insignificance.

I dont know what that all means either. Is Insignificance a better song that corduroy? Is it the best representation of what pearl jam is? Is it PJ at its absolute best?

I dont know.

Im going to bed*

*Returning to the hockey game cause i can't decide.

Mon April 14, 2014 1:32 am

As with every other time Insignificance has been up against something, this is a clear choice for me. I think it's bar none their best song.

Mon April 14, 2014 1:34 am

Insignificance!

Mon April 14, 2014 1:44 am

''Corduroy'' can suck it.

''Insignificance'' for the win.

Mon April 14, 2014 2:01 am

This is great for the people of Insignificance.

Mon April 14, 2014 2:03 am

stip wrote:Immortality/Corduroy would have been a tough call. With all due respect to insignificance, this is not.

Mon April 14, 2014 2:05 am

Intermission.

this may come down to the bridge for me. Corduroy bridge is one of the greatest of all time. Insignificance is great but there is something super cathartic about the Corduroy bridge.

Im still not sure here. I think I love Binaural more than Vitalogy but this is a championship battle here.

Mon April 14, 2014 2:12 am

both songs are in my top 5 (which I dont ever really put in an order)

Binaural for the win!

Mon April 14, 2014 2:15 am

Corduroy is undeniably one of the band's absolute best songs. They play it at nearly every show, it's on the greatest hits album, etc. It's already won March Madness, too. RM has fully acknowledged its greatness.

Insignificance is also fantastic and from one of PJ's finest but also most underrated albums. It has not won here previously. I cast my vote for Insignificance because of my love for that song and more generally for Binaural. Both the song and album are vastly underrated, by the band and by the mainstream fans. This is a chance to put the spotlight on the greatness that is Binaural. In the best possible scenario, the band may begin to rethink their near-total shunning of this spectacular album. Team Binaural.

Mon April 14, 2014 3:49 am

PryTo wrote:Corduroy is undeniably one of the band's absolute best songs. They play it at nearly every show, it's on the greatest hits album, etc. It's already won March Madness, too. RM has fully acknowledged its greatness.

Insignificance is also fantastic and from one of PJ's finest but also most underrated albums. It has not won here previously. I cast my vote for Insignificance because of my love for that song and more generally for Binaural. Both the song and album are vastly underrated, by the band and by the mainstream fans. This is a chance to put the spotlight on the greatness that is Binaural. In the best possible scenario, the band may begin to rethink their near-total shunning of this spectacular album. Team Binaural.

Yes

Mon April 14, 2014 5:39 am

Team Pineapple... Corduroy is definitely the better song, but Insignificance has never won. This final matchup is no surprise to me, and both represent the very best PJ has ever offered up.

Mon April 14, 2014 5:58 am

PryTo wrote:Corduroy is undeniably one of the band's absolute best songs. They play it at nearly every show, it's on the greatest hits album, etc. It's already won March Madness, too. RM has fully acknowledged its greatness.

Well said.

Mon April 14, 2014 6:03 am

I voted "Tremor Christ" all the way, but Corduroy kicked its ass.

INSIGNIFICANCE

:thumbsup:
Post a reply