Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Across the Atlantic

Tue July 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Yeah well, same for me. I'm not sure if I'm either being too critical because it's Pearl Jam or if I'm giving it too much chances because it's Pearl Jam.

Wed July 17, 2013 11:23 am

The anger and vitriol seem insincere.

Wed July 17, 2013 12:02 pm

I had a dream last night skunk posted a PJ date in October in Dublin.

Wed July 17, 2013 12:02 pm

There's anger and vitriol? In mind your manners?
I'm not getting that at all. Just cos its a fast rock song doesn't mean it has to be angry or vitriolic? Not seeing either of those things in the lyrics at all.

Wed July 17, 2013 4:54 pm

PJ is at its most accomplished when it's straining to write music and challenging itself, not relaxed and easygoing about it.

MYM is the same stock as WWS and The Fixer - an intentional first single aimed at a particular crowd or demographic. It has some rather passively written lyrics and false aggression - it's all very dull. It isn't terrible, but it isn't great thus hearing it at last is somewhat of a massive anticlimax.

PJ needs a Post Rock, Grassroots blues or electronica influenced album. Sincerely. That would justify things immensely. Take one as a theme and run rather than recovering existing ideas

Wed July 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Fixer succeeds at being a great pop song whereas this is a failed... Something else

Wed July 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Angus wrote:I had a dream last night skunk posted a PJ date in October in Dublin.

Brecht. We've discussed the inappropriacy of me making cameo appearances in your dreams. Stop that.

Heard MYM on the radio this evening. It's growing on me...however I feel I must point out that the lads are getting on a bit. Live renditions run a very real risk of causing heart attacks...

Wed July 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Everyone in the MYM thread is excited cos Eddie looked 'angry' and 'into it'.
What a carry on. 'Yey! Pearl jam are angry again! I can like them again!'

Bullshit

Wed July 17, 2013 7:57 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Everyone in the MYM thread is excited cos Eddie looked 'angry' and 'into it'.
What a carry on. 'Yey! Pearl jam are angry again! I can like them again!'

Bullshit

are you angry and into it right now?

Fri August 09, 2013 7:36 am

skunkthecat wrote:
Angus wrote:I had a dream last night skunk posted a PJ date in October in Dublin.

Brecht. We've discussed the inappropriacy of me making cameo appearances in your dreams. Stop that.

Heard MYM on the radio this evening. It's growing on me...however I feel I must point out that the lads are getting on a bit. Live renditions run a very real risk of causing heart attacks...

Well, at least you weren't naked but for nipple tassles and suggestively riding a miniature pony, like in that dream that... I... did not have... :oops:

Sat August 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Missed you Hilly :heartbeat:

Where the hell are the rest of these filthy bitches?? *echo*

Tue August 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Guys, I'm re-reading the original thread. I miss the old days... :cry:

Wed August 21, 2013 1:12 am

i love your avatar so much

Wed August 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks Chudders! How're you?

Wed August 21, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm alright, you know. Getting older but not any richer.

Wed August 21, 2013 5:39 pm

That's a pandemic condition...how's the bowling coming along??

Wed August 21, 2013 6:33 pm

I've moved on to darts.

Wed August 21, 2013 7:01 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I've moved on to darts.

A topic I know even less about...*tumbleweed*

What got you into darts?

Christ I'm struggling here...a few years ago I could have just yelled "TITTIES!!!" and the success of this conversation would have been guaranteed...

Wed August 21, 2013 7:05 pm

skunkthecat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I've moved on to darts.

A topic I know even less about...*tumbleweed*

What got you into darts?

Christ I'm struggling here...a few years ago I could have just yelled "TITTIES!!!" and the success of this conversation would have been guaranteed...

I've always loved playing darts and a spot finally opened up on a friend's team so I joined up. It's a great way to get drunk and throw sharp objects on a Tuesday night.

Also, titties are great.

Wed August 21, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm a big believer in the getting drunk and throwing things school of thought. Especially midweek...
Post a reply