The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Tue October 29, 2013 11:58 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 12:06 pm
Posts: 27
I'm surprised to find myself liking Lightning Bolt quite a bit.

And I feel that the song Lightning Bolt should be paired with a cover of Thunderstruck for their live gigs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Wed October 30, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
So tomorrow is the big night
Final for the trip to see PJ in Seattle and a tour of PJHQ.
All they've told us is to bone up on our PJ as there'll be an elimination process and then a challenge.
No idea what this entails.

No idea what I should be studying.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Wed October 30, 2013 11:06 am 
Online
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13597
Location: Lft Craquepeau
dimejinky99 wrote:
So tomorrow is the big night
Final for the trip to see PJ in Seattle and a tour of PJHQ.
All they've told us is to bone up on our PJ as there'll be an elimination process and then a challenge.
No idea what this entails.

No idea what I should be studying.

Good luck, dime. Fingers crossed.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Wed October 30, 2013 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Thanks man:)
I'm studying. Just don't know if I'm studying the right stuff.
I should really get to the lyrics.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri November 01, 2013 9:25 am 
Online
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13597
Location: Lft Craquepeau
dimejinky99 wrote:
Thanks man:)
I'm studying. Just don't know if I'm studying the right stuff.
I should really get to the lyrics.

How did you go dime?

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri November 01, 2013 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Got through to the last round after two ridiculous elimination processes and missed out on the last question to get to the final three.
What's the capacity of the key arena. (Closest three to the final answer got through)
I was out by 1000. And the guy who won was seen been given the question and googling it before he was asked. And when asked for his answer was within 50 of the right answer. Total sham.
Ah well

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri November 01, 2013 9:58 am 
Online
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13597
Location: Lft Craquepeau
dimejinky99 wrote:
Got through to the last round after two ridiculous elimination processes and missed out on the last question to get to the final three.
What's the capacity of the key arena. (Closest three to the final answer got through)
I was out by 1000. And the guy who won was seen been given the question and googling it before he was asked. And when asked for his answer was within 50 of the right answer. Total sham.
Ah well

That sucks, man. They should've banned phones at the start of the comp. Regardless, it's poor form on that guys behalf. :shake:

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri November 01, 2013 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Totally. Especially given the format.
The were 40 finalists. Then upon registering the guy points to the top of the page and says quietly 'answer that'. Question was 'how far is it from Dublin to PJHQ in Seattle in kilometres(we do miles here)
That was 30 people eliminated immediately as they picked the ten closest. I got through in that.
Next challenge? Eat a sugared jam donut in one minute without licking your lips.
Ridiculous but got through. Down to 7. And then the key arena question. Which we were each brought to the other side of the bar and asked individually.
Only three got through and then the most inane PJ questions ever and then guy with the phone won. It sucked and I'm pissed about it but what can you do?
Onwards.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Sat November 02, 2013 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:26 pm
Posts: 311
Location: Vlaardingen, the Netherlands
Angus wrote:
I'm starting to think about some Ten Club thing. Maybe to ease through some ticket sales next year? Haven't considered it for years, but now I'm thinking about it.

Why not? Just pay once and you don't have to think about it again. If a Christmas single arrives, that's a bonus. And you have more chances at tickets :).

groetjes,
Mirella :)

_________________
my last.fm Bugs on Facebook Bugs on Pinterest Dutch Ramblings


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Sat November 02, 2013 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:26 pm
Posts: 311
Location: Vlaardingen, the Netherlands
dimejinky99 wrote:
Got through to the last round after two ridiculous elimination processes and missed out on the last question to get to the final three.
What's the capacity of the key arena. (Closest three to the final answer got through)
I was out by 1000. And the guy who won was seen been given the question and googling it before he was asked. And when asked for his answer was within 50 of the right answer. Total sham.
Ah well


That is low! May karma get him!

groetjes,
Mirella :)

_________________
my last.fm Bugs on Facebook Bugs on Pinterest Dutch Ramblings


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Sat November 02, 2013 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
dimejinky99 wrote:
Totally. Especially given the format.
The were 40 finalists. Then upon registering the guy points to the top of the page and says quietly 'answer that'. Question was 'how far is it from Dublin to PJHQ in Seattle in kilometres(we do miles here)
That was 30 people eliminated immediately as they picked the ten closest. I got through in that.
Next challenge? Eat a sugared jam donut in one minute without licking your lips.
Ridiculous but got through. Down to 7. And then the key arena question. Which we were each brought to the other side of the bar and asked individually.
Only three got through and then the most inane PJ questions ever and then guy with the phone won. It sucked and I'm pissed about it but what can you do?
Onwards.


Well, you got to experience those two great Brooklyn shows and that tool did not.

_________________
the sentinel remains vigilant


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Thu December 05, 2013 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 23, 2013 8:27 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Éire
Rescued from page 4 bitches.

Page 4. Never thought I'd see the day... :shake:

_________________
#42 wrote:
Go stomp on a porcupine! Yell at old people! Fart in a coffee-shop! BE... SKUNK!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri December 06, 2013 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 455
Location: Alone in a corridor
Yeah, what the hell people? We got lives now, or what? Surely we can't let that happen! :P


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Sat December 07, 2013 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 455
Location: Alone in a corridor
Mirella wrote:
Angus wrote:
I'm starting to think about some Ten Club thing. Maybe to ease through some ticket sales next year? Haven't considered it for years, but now I'm thinking about it.

Why not? Just pay once and you don't have to think about it again. If a Christmas single arrives, that's a bonus. And you have more chances at tickets :).

groetjes,
Mirella :)


Membership number 512404. I used to have 283xxx, but oh well, doesn't matter that much to me. :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Thu December 12, 2013 11:08 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:56 am
Posts: 16
Location: Dublin, Ireland
A Euro tour needs to be annouced or strongly rumoured to get this thread back on track, even just (please) an Ed solo tour

_________________
I had 40 million posts on the old board


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Thu December 12, 2013 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
Somebody said there'd be more solo dates announced on a different continent.
Could easily be Europe.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Thu December 12, 2013 3:49 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:56 am
Posts: 16
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Hope is back (once is not the first two weeks of May)

_________________
I had 40 million posts on the old board


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Thu December 12, 2013 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17957
EV knows all about surf culture in Ireland. I'm not sure he's ever surfed here.

This could be the day.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 1:10 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:56 am
Posts: 16
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Ah well no Pearl Jam here will have to travel again


June 16: Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
June 20: San Siro Stadium, Milan, Italy
June 22: Stadio Nereo Rocco, Trieste, Italy
June 25: Stadhale, Vienna, Austria
June 26: Wuhleide, Berline, Germany
June 28: Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
June 29: Telenor Arena, Oslow, Norway
July 3: Open'er Festival, Gdynia, Poland
July 5: Rock Werchter Festival, Werchter, Belgium
July 8: First District Arena, Leeds, United Kingdom
July 11: Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

_________________
I had 40 million posts on the old board


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:31 am
Posts: 595
In an ideal world:

The Dam, San Siro, Austria, Leeds

In reality:

Leeds

Hmm...

_________________
In coral and grey, in submarine chambers

stip wrote:
I wanted to punch you in your god's dice loving balls for not loving lightning bolt.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Monkey_Driven, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 16, 2017 5:26 am