The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Across the Atlantic
PostPosted: Wed February 03, 2016 9:57 am 
Banned from the Pit

brainofpea wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Happy Birthday Paddy!
thanks. I am 43. :-|

Hi 43, I'm #42.
</dadjoke>

PostPosted: Wed February 03, 2016 10:14 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Sat July 16, 2016 7:14 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I think right now what we need on this continent is a Pearl Jam gig where we all meet, hug and drink lots of beers.

PostPosted: Mon October 03, 2016 11:35 pm 

After seeing the not unlovely face of Michael De Dora (formerly Corduroy Blazer) appear on my internets I was aroused; this was compounded by the sight of the equally faptastic Stuzzo (also formerly of this parish) as captain of Queen's University Belfast on University Challenge (the UK's premier quiz competition for those indulging in an classical education). Yes his team got beat but Birmingham can go to fuck, the landlocked slack-jawed peasants.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07xn6pw/university-challenge-201617-episode-12

Well done sir. I can only lament my failure to penetrate your inner sanctum ten years ago in Reading.

PS To non UK viewers, I cannot find a suitable link. Just imagine the sexy.

PostPosted: Fri October 21, 2016 5:16 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PADDY!!!

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 6:37 am 
Banned from the Pit

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PADDY!!!

Thanks. :peace:

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 7:38 pm 
Poster of the Year

brainofpea wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PADDY!!!

Thanks. :peace:

I got you a present!

PostPosted: Mon March 06, 2017 2:32 pm 
Banned from the Pit

So last night I'd a weird dream that I went to a solo Jeff Ament gig where he'd turned into a massive angry biker-type, à la Axl Rose but with moderately better personal hygiene and more leather. At the end of the gig, the fucker jumped on his bike, yelled "PEARL JAM ARE DEAD MAN", and roared offstage.

SO THEN, a solo Eddie tour in Europe? With two ROI dates? I dunno guys, I'm not saying it's kismet, but I AM saying maybe it's time to get the ATA band back together. In case this is a sign from the spheres, or Jupiter's in the 7th house, or Tits the Wonderhorse's nips have all aligned...

If there's anybody out there, send us a sign! Like shouting "FAP!!!" really loudly into teh interwebz...

#42 wrote:
Go stomp on a porcupine! Yell at old people! Fart in a coffee-shop! BE... SKUNK!

PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2017 7:45 pm 

I'll be in the Dam for both shows. :)

PostPosted: Fri March 10, 2017 12:39 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I'll be in Cork. Anyone else? Roll call kids!

#42 wrote:
Go stomp on a porcupine! Yell at old people! Fart in a coffee-shop! BE... SKUNK!

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2017 12:12 pm 
Lost Cat

I'm really, really skeptical that Eddie sold out the Point in a couple of days. Perhaps I'm just bitter at the idea of having to pay €250 for tickets on Ticketmaster's totally not suspicious official resale site?

Also, how is everybody?

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2017 12:54 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Extra tickets for the Dublin show on sale Thursday at 9am

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2017 11:11 am 
Banned from the Pit

Hey Kids! It's been a while. Anyone else going to the London show on 6/6?

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2017 12:27 am 
Banned from the Pit

stuzzo wrote:
I'm really, really skeptical that Eddie sold out the Point in a couple of days. Perhaps I'm just bitter at the idea of having to pay €250 for tickets on Ticketmaster's totally not suspicious official resale site?

Also, how is everybody?

Welp, TicketBastard are still bastards, you're a TV celebrity now, there's at least two other warm bodies still populating this cadaver of a thread, and fucking hell but it's a while since I've checked ATA for updates!

It's fucking scandalous what happened, especially with the Dublin show. And there just HAPPENS to be spare capacity that they're rolling out tomorrow? Bollocks to that. Did you get tickets at all Stu? I'm assuming you just rang them up and pulled the "I was on University Challenge you dirty peasant, give me my tickets or it's the stocks for you!" card. That's a card you get given, right? By Paxman?? With a snooty look and a sniff? Is he really that waxy in person? Does he smell like dead people? I've always assumed he smelled like dead people. Or wears suspenders and stilettos under the desk, à la Dr. Frankenfurter. Come on, you can tell us, safe space! Enquiring minds want to know!

Hey Spags! Won't be in London, will be staying local this tour. How's things?

Did you get tickets for Dublin Dime? If anyone did I'm assuming it's you. Any luck?

#42 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2017 12:31 am 

Hey.

I'm sorry. But wtf was that last post?

You lost me at paxman

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2017 12:35 am 
Banned from the Pit

dimejinky99 wrote:
Hey.

I'm sorry. But wtf was that last post?

You lost me at paxman

Stuzzo was on University Callenge the end of last year, and I feel like this may be the best, if not only chance I get to find out if Jeremy Paxman is as odd in real life as I think he is in my head. I have questions that need answers!

#42 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu March 16, 2017 4:05 pm 
Lost Cat

skunkthecat wrote:
stuzzo wrote:

Also, how is everybody?

Welp, TicketBastard are still bastards, you're a TV celebrity now, there's at least two other warm bodies still populating this cadaver of a thread, and fucking hell but it's a while since I've checked ATA for updates!

It's fucking scandalous what happened, especially with the Dublin show. And there just HAPPENS to be spare capacity that they're rolling out tomorrow? Bollocks to that. Did you get tickets at all Stu? I'm assuming you just rang them up and pulled the "I was on University Challenge you dirty peasant, give me my tickets or it's the stocks for you!" card. That's a card you get given, right? By Paxman?? With a snooty look and a sniff? Is he really that waxy in person? Does he smell like dead people? I've always assumed he smelled like dead people. Or wears suspenders and stilettos under the desk, à la Dr. Frankenfurter. Come on, you can tell us, safe space! Enquiring minds want to know!

Did you get tickets for Dublin Dime? If anyone did I'm assuming it's you. Any luck?

Yeah it's pretty suspicious. Did they just find a bunch of spare seats down the back of the settee or something?

I didn't get any. I was going to go, even though it was expensive, but they were sold out by the time I got round to it.

Paxman is freakishly tall in real life, but he was actually really nice. They shoot a bunch of shows in one day, so he wears jeans under the desk and then goes and changes his tie and jacket. Magic of television etc.

This place is really weird. Crazy to think some of the same debates are still probably raging. Has it really been a dozen or more years since this thread started? I feel like an almost entirely different person from then.

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2017 1:45 am 
Banned from the Pit

stuzzo wrote:
skunkthecat wrote:
stuzzo wrote:

Also, how is everybody?

Yeah it's pretty suspicious. Did they just find a bunch of spare seats down the back of the settee or something?

I didn't get any. I was going to go, even though it was expensive, but they were sold out by the time I got round to it.

Paxman is freakishly tall in real life, but he was actually really nice. They shoot a bunch of shows in one day, so he wears jeans under the desk and then goes and changes his tie and jacket. Magic of television etc.

This place is really weird. Crazy to think some of the same debates are still probably raging. Has it really been a dozen or more years since this thread started? I feel like an almost entirely different person from then.

I reckon they released like 150 tickets, not counting on the Jamily geeks, and then thought "Oh fuck me, let's cash in!" BINGO, all of the extra seats. Bastards.

There were a lot of weird things I had steeled myself to hear about Paxman, but you've warped my fragile little mind with "tall" and "jeans". I just don't know what to do with that. It seems so...NORMAL...

Lots of water under the bridge, and the same old trolls. A catch-up would be nice, if the ATA'ers haven't completely squared out with mortgages and marriages and kids...weird to be back here, weirder still that it's been so long.

#42 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 1:29 pm 
Banned from the Pit

skunkthecat wrote:
if the ATA'ers haven't completely squared out with mortgages and marriages and kids...

Guilty.

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 2:06 pm 

I will never have either. I'm beyond unemployable and probably sterile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam