Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: The March Madness Tournament Thread

Fri March 07, 2014 2:53 pm

theplatypus wrote:
tommymctom wrote:Stip, in this round you have said you don't really care for Sometimes, you think Of the girl is way overrated and you think Dead Man is boring.

What the hell, man?

:evil:

Meet Stip, the official RM Worst.

Who's the official RM Wurst?

Fri March 07, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm not big Sirens fan, but how the fuck did Aye Davanita beat Sirens?

Fri March 07, 2014 3:39 pm

B wrote:I'm not big Sirens fan, but how the fuck did Aye Davanita beat Sirens?

By being awesome.

Fri March 07, 2014 3:49 pm

I think it's pretty clearly more about the negative/divisive reaction Sirens caused than anything intrinsically awesome about Aye Davanita. Aye Davanita would have lost to most other songs, even in a first-round match-up, and Sirens would have had a tough time getting past most others.

Fri March 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Simple Torture wrote:

I think it's pretty clearly more about the negative/divisive reaction Sirens caused than anything intrinsically awesome about Aye Davanita. Aye Davanita would have lost to most other songs, even in a first-round match-up, and Sirens would have had a tough time getting past most others.

Probably true, but not in my case. I actually like Sirens. But, I voted for Aye Davanita. I've always adored that song. I'd pick it against a lot of PJ tunes, to be honest.

Fri March 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Yeah, I love it. It sort of fills the role of "interlude" without reducing itself to being just that (cough cough Wasted Reprise cough), and it has a great mood and groove to it. It's also emotionally expressive without being too melodramatic or directed, which allows for a lot more reexamination and questioning than a piece of that nature can usually be expected to provide.

Fri March 07, 2014 4:36 pm

The crazy thing is, I really don't like Wash, so somehow I'm going to be voting for Aye Davanita to go into the 3rd frikkin' round.

Fri March 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Simple Torture wrote:

I voted for Aye Davanita on the merits of Aye Davanita. It is a fantastic song.

Fri March 07, 2014 5:37 pm

I thought the Sirens hate was just 3 loud mouths on this board. I didn't know people actually hated it.

Fri March 07, 2014 5:51 pm

B wrote:I thought the Sirens hate was just 3 loud mouths on this board. I didn't know people actually hated it.

I don't hate Sirens, I just prefer Aye Davanita. There are plenty of songs that would lose to Aye Davanita.

Fri March 07, 2014 6:36 pm

That's just pathetic :shake:

Fri March 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Its proof that humanity isn't totally lost, is what it is. Rejoice!

Fri March 07, 2014 7:00 pm

tommymctom wrote:
B wrote:I thought the Sirens hate was just 3 loud mouths on this board. I didn't know people actually hated it.

I don't hate Sirens, I just prefer Aye Davanita. There are plenty of songs that would lose to Aye Davanita.

agreed. i think we may have found rm's most underrated pearl jam song. it seems everyone loves this and no one realized it.

Fri March 07, 2014 7:03 pm

yeah, no kidding

Fri March 07, 2014 7:04 pm

stip wrote:yeah, no kidding

:lol:

Fri March 07, 2014 7:04 pm

I've always thought it would've been a great opener to a show - not just the walk on music like they've done.

But, Aye Davanita (maybe trimmed a little) into Immortality would've been an incredible opening sequence for a concert.

Fri March 07, 2014 7:57 pm

That does sound pretty cool, EJ. I'd be pretty down with that.

Fri March 07, 2014 8:30 pm

warehouse wrote:
tommymctom wrote:

agreed. i think we may have found rm's most underrated pearl jam song. it seems everyone loves this and no one realized it.

It was due a turn.

Sat March 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Which songs won in the past?

Sat March 08, 2014 5:32 pm

I think The Fixer took it four years in a row.
Post a reply