The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 11:58 pm 
Online
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52309
bodysnatcher wrote:
that's one way to drum up some money

Who will beat who to win it in the very end?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18388
Location: Seattle, WA
whoever buys it will instantly drum 4x faster


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9749
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I like when they include a photo of the "Say No To Flippers" sticker on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Brad ... 3850784398

:roll:

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun August 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Posts: 62
Well that was fun dealing with a Buyer who turned out to be banned from The Pit for scamming other people. My Columbo senses never fail.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 10162
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
shakescky wrote:
Well that was fun dealing with a Buyer who turned out to be banned from The Pit for scamming other people. My Columbo senses never fail.

You can post the name here. Our mods don't protect pieces of shit like Kat & Sea do.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun August 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Posts: 62
CopperTom wrote:
shakescky wrote:
Well that was fun dealing with a Buyer who turned out to be banned from The Pit for scamming other people. My Columbo senses never fail.

You can post the name here. Our mods don't protect pieces of shit like Kat & Sea do.


No problem.

I sold some sealed 2016 Fenway trading card packs to jordan23max9, aka Jeremy Yerse of Olmstead Falls, Ohio. Between listing, the auction ending, payment received and the item being received by this person, it ended up being around eighteen days. The following evening he opened up a return request stating the packages were resealed and "still kind of wet from the clear glue used" among other complaints. He went as far to say the cards are in specific sequence when being opened from a package, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I could smell the bullshit from a mile away yet decided to play with this for a bit. He went as far to call me stupid and explain how glue bonding works. Eventually he claims he uploaded a photo in the eBay case details, which wouldn't appear. I called eBay to double check this and they said it hadn't appeared. I did some detective work and could only find a myspace for jordan23max. It wasn't until I punched in his first name, last name, city, and the words pearl jam, that I eventually found his scamming thread on the Pit. His banned username on there is JY16960.

I took screenshots of his banned account page, the scam thread and derailment over the other duffel bag and other items, and had some private messages with people who were hosed. I updated the case details with screenshots and stated to him that he has scammed people. I also included the necessary links for whomever would review the case to see more information.

Jeremy shortly closed his return request. I followed up by reporting him and letting eBay know of his practices.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36484
Location: Mountains
shakescky wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
shakescky wrote:
Well that was fun dealing with a Buyer who turned out to be banned from The Pit for scamming other people. My Columbo senses never fail.

You can post the name here. Our mods don't protect pieces of shit like Kat & Sea do.


No problem.

I sold some sealed 2016 Fenway trading card packs to jordan23max9, aka Jeremy Yerse of Olmstead Falls, Ohio. Between listing, the auction ending, payment received and the item being received by this person, it ended up being around eighteen days. The following evening he opened up a return request stating the packages were resealed and "still kind of wet from the clear glue used" among other complaints. He went as far to say the cards are in specific sequence when being opened from a package, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I could smell the bullshit from a mile away yet decided to play with this for a bit. He went as far to call me stupid and explain how glue bonding works. Eventually he claims he uploaded a photo in the eBay case details, which wouldn't appear. I called eBay to double check this and they said it hadn't appeared. I did some detective work and could only find a myspace for jordan23max. It wasn't until I punched in his first name, last name, city, and the words pearl jam, that I eventually found his scamming thread on the Pit. His banned username on there is JY16960.

I took screenshots of his banned account page, the scam thread and derailment over the other duffel bag and other items, and had some private messages with people who were hosed. I updated the case details with screenshots and stated to him that he has scammed people. I also included the necessary links for whomever would review the case to see more information.

Jeremy shortly closed his return request. I followed up by reporting him and letting eBay know of his practices.


lets kill him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9749
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Do I really have to add "No Killing" to the Board Rules?

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9749
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
shakescky wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
shakescky wrote:
Well that was fun dealing with a Buyer who turned out to be banned from The Pit for scamming other people. My Columbo senses never fail.

You can post the name here. Our mods don't protect pieces of shit like Kat & Sea do.


No problem.

I sold some sealed 2016 Fenway trading card packs to jordan23max9, aka Jeremy Yerse of Olmstead Falls, Ohio. Between listing, the auction ending, payment received and the item being received by this person, it ended up being around eighteen days. The following evening he opened up a return request stating the packages were resealed and "still kind of wet from the clear glue used" among other complaints. He went as far to say the cards are in specific sequence when being opened from a package, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I could smell the bullshit from a mile away yet decided to play with this for a bit. He went as far to call me stupid and explain how glue bonding works. Eventually he claims he uploaded a photo in the eBay case details, which wouldn't appear. I called eBay to double check this and they said it hadn't appeared. I did some detective work and could only find a myspace for jordan23max. It wasn't until I punched in his first name, last name, city, and the words pearl jam, that I eventually found his scamming thread on the Pit. His banned username on there is JY16960.

I took screenshots of his banned account page, the scam thread and derailment over the other duffel bag and other items, and had some private messages with people who were hosed. I updated the case details with screenshots and stated to him that he has scammed people. I also included the necessary links for whomever would review the case to see more information.

Jeremy shortly closed his return request. I followed up by reporting him and letting eBay know of his practices.


Send me that glue bonding explanation. CopperTom is sending me some cards, and I want to be sure he's not pulling any shenanigans.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun August 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Posts: 62
B wrote:
Send me that glue bonding explanation. CopperTom is sending me some cards, and I want to be sure he's not pulling any shenanigans.


:lol:

Jeremy Yerse, aka The Thief wrote:
Are you supid. I just sent you a picture of it still sticking to m hand. Meeting it would not be sticky if it was glued st over 2 years ago. Glue when applied is wet, then it hardens over time. And wen it is exposed to air. The packs you sent me if the glue is still sticky, means it is not fully dried to make an adhesive bond. Or you used a glue that is not adhesive to wax paper. Please send me a return shipping and you can ref9und me en I ship these packs back to you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9749
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
You know what, get those cards back from that guy and list them individual on eBay for $5 a piece. Fuck him.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun August 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Posts: 62
I figured I would get an empty package or at least not the same stuff I sent out, so I'm content with keeping the money he paid me while he keeps the cards.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 10164
Bammer wrote:
With all the crazies in town this week I finally did it. My Matt Cameron drum set is up for sale on Ebay. $20k.


How much did you get for it?

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 242
Location: St. Paul
shakescky wrote:
B wrote:
Send me that glue bonding explanation. CopperTom is sending me some cards, and I want to be sure he's not pulling any shenanigans.


:lol:

Jeremy Yerse, aka The Thief wrote:
Are you supid. I just sent you a picture of it still sticking to m hand. Meeting it would not be sticky if it was glued st over 2 years ago. Glue when applied is wet, then it hardens over time. And wen it is exposed to air. The packs you sent me if the glue is still sticky, means it is not fully dried to make an adhesive bond. Or you used a glue that is not adhesive to wax paper. Please send me a return shipping and you can ref9und me en I ship these packs back to you.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. There's so many things wrong with that. Good job doing your research on this fool so you didn't have to give in, but that sucks that you had to take the time to deal with it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 10162
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Man, I hope that post shows up when a potential employer does a Google search.

PS - thanks for the great idea.

PSS - B, enjoy your Boston Boom cards

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9749
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Ugh. I have so many Boom cards already. :(

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 10162
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
B wrote:
Ugh. I have so many Boom cards already. :(


I've never opened a pack. Is it rare to get an Eddie? Is it common is get a Boom?

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13961
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Bammer wrote:
I’ll only part with it for a LOT of money.

I don’t have a place to display (or play) it and don’t expect to in the foreseeable future. ‘Tis a shame it’s just sitting there collecting dust.

Which set is it?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13961
Location: Where everybody knows your name
CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:
Ugh. I have so many Boom cards already. :(


I've never opened a pack. Is it rare to get an Eddie? Is it common is get a Boom?

Oh come on. You know Boom and Stone are the commons and Ed is the chase card.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 10162
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
wease wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:
Ugh. I have so many Boom cards already. :(


I've never opened a pack. Is it rare to get an Eddie? Is it common is get a Boom?

Oh come on. You know Boom and Stone are the commons and Ed is the chase card.

The chase card in 2013 was George Webb. I've always assumed each band member was fairly common since each member has 6(?) different cards each.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 09, 2018 7:41 pm