The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Pearl Jam eBay Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 07, 2018 11:58 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

bodysnatcher wrote:
that's one way to drum up some money

Who will beat who to win it in the very end?

PostPosted: Wed August 08, 2018 12:14 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

whoever buys it will instantly drum 4x faster

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 2:08 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I like when they include a photo of the "Say No To Flippers" sticker on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Brad ... 3850784398

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 2:50 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Well that was fun dealing with a Buyer who turned out to be banned from The Pit for scamming other people. My Columbo senses never fail.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 4:36 pm 
Champion of RM

shakescky wrote:
Well that was fun dealing with a Buyer who turned out to be banned from The Pit for scamming other people. My Columbo senses never fail.

You can post the name here. Our mods don't protect pieces of shit like Kat & Sea do.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 4:58 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

CopperTom wrote:
shakescky wrote:

You can post the name here. Our mods don't protect pieces of shit like Kat & Sea do.

No problem.

I sold some sealed 2016 Fenway trading card packs to jordan23max9, aka Jeremy Yerse of Olmstead Falls, Ohio. Between listing, the auction ending, payment received and the item being received by this person, it ended up being around eighteen days. The following evening he opened up a return request stating the packages were resealed and "still kind of wet from the clear glue used" among other complaints. He went as far to say the cards are in specific sequence when being opened from a package, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I could smell the bullshit from a mile away yet decided to play with this for a bit. He went as far to call me stupid and explain how glue bonding works. Eventually he claims he uploaded a photo in the eBay case details, which wouldn't appear. I called eBay to double check this and they said it hadn't appeared. I did some detective work and could only find a myspace for jordan23max. It wasn't until I punched in his first name, last name, city, and the words pearl jam, that I eventually found his scamming thread on the Pit. His banned username on there is JY16960.

I took screenshots of his banned account page, the scam thread and derailment over the other duffel bag and other items, and had some private messages with people who were hosed. I updated the case details with screenshots and stated to him that he has scammed people. I also included the necessary links for whomever would review the case to see more information.

Jeremy shortly closed his return request. I followed up by reporting him and letting eBay know of his practices.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 5:57 pm 
The Master

shakescky wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
shakescky wrote:

No problem.

I sold some sealed 2016 Fenway trading card packs to jordan23max9, aka Jeremy Yerse of Olmstead Falls, Ohio. Between listing, the auction ending, payment received and the item being received by this person, it ended up being around eighteen days. The following evening he opened up a return request stating the packages were resealed and "still kind of wet from the clear glue used" among other complaints. He went as far to say the cards are in specific sequence when being opened from a package, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I could smell the bullshit from a mile away yet decided to play with this for a bit. He went as far to call me stupid and explain how glue bonding works. Eventually he claims he uploaded a photo in the eBay case details, which wouldn't appear. I called eBay to double check this and they said it hadn't appeared. I did some detective work and could only find a myspace for jordan23max. It wasn't until I punched in his first name, last name, city, and the words pearl jam, that I eventually found his scamming thread on the Pit. His banned username on there is JY16960.

I took screenshots of his banned account page, the scam thread and derailment over the other duffel bag and other items, and had some private messages with people who were hosed. I updated the case details with screenshots and stated to him that he has scammed people. I also included the necessary links for whomever would review the case to see more information.

Jeremy shortly closed his return request. I followed up by reporting him and letting eBay know of his practices.

lets kill him.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 7:15 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Do I really have to add "No Killing" to the Board Rules?

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 11:58 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

shakescky wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
shakescky wrote:

No problem.

Send me that glue bonding explanation. CopperTom is sending me some cards, and I want to be sure he's not pulling any shenanigans.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 12:03 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

B wrote:
Send me that glue bonding explanation. CopperTom is sending me some cards, and I want to be sure he's not pulling any shenanigans.

:lol:

Jeremy Yerse, aka The Thief wrote:
Are you supid. I just sent you a picture of it still sticking to m hand. Meeting it would not be sticky if it was glued st over 2 years ago. Glue when applied is wet, then it hardens over time. And wen it is exposed to air. The packs you sent me if the glue is still sticky, means it is not fully dried to make an adhesive bond. Or you used a glue that is not adhesive to wax paper. Please send me a return shipping and you can ref9und me en I ship these packs back to you.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 1:18 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

You know what, get those cards back from that guy and list them individual on eBay for $5 a piece. Fuck him.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 1:28 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I figured I would get an empty package or at least not the same stuff I sent out, so I'm content with keeping the money he paid me while he keeps the cards.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 1:41 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
With all the crazies in town this week I finally did it. My Matt Cameron drum set is up for sale on Ebay. $20k.

How much did you get for it?

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:14 am 
Broken Tamborine

shakescky wrote:
B wrote:

:lol:

Jeremy Yerse, aka The Thief wrote:
Are you supid. I just sent you a picture of it still sticking to m hand. Meeting it would not be sticky if it was glued st over 2 years ago. Glue when applied is wet, then it hardens over time. And wen it is exposed to air. The packs you sent me if the glue is still sticky, means it is not fully dried to make an adhesive bond. Or you used a glue that is not adhesive to wax paper. Please send me a return shipping and you can ref9und me en I ship these packs back to you.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. There's so many things wrong with that. Good job doing your research on this fool so you didn't have to give in, but that sucks that you had to take the time to deal with it.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 11:44 am 
Champion of RM

Man, I hope that post shows up when a potential employer does a Google search.

PS - thanks for the great idea.

PSS - B, enjoy your Boston Boom cards

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:13 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Ugh. I have so many Boom cards already. :(

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:57 pm 
Champion of RM

B wrote:

I've never opened a pack. Is it rare to get an Eddie? Is it common is get a Boom?

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 3:01 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
I’ll only part with it for a LOT of money.

I don’t have a place to display (or play) it and don’t expect to in the foreseeable future. ‘Tis a shame it’s just sitting there collecting dust.

Which set is it?

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 3:01 pm 
Major Dude

CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:

I've never opened a pack. Is it rare to get an Eddie? Is it common is get a Boom?

Oh come on. You know Boom and Stone are the commons and Ed is the chase card.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 3:08 pm 
Champion of RM

wease wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
B wrote:

Oh come on. You know Boom and Stone are the commons and Ed is the chase card.

The chase card in 2013 was George Webb. I've always assumed each band member was fairly common since each member has 6(?) different cards each.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam