7. Down
8. You Are
9. Get Right
10. Green Disease
11. Other Side
12. Help Help
13. Arc
14. 1/2 Full

"Love Boat Captain" and "Bu$hleaguer" become the B-sides, and we just pretend "Thumbing My Way" and "All or None" never happened.

Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread

Thu December 08, 2016 8:42 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:"Down" is probably akin to "Everybody Hurts" in Joey's eyes

I don't know what this means.

I don't either. I was running on about 3 hours sleep when I said that.

Thu December 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Im loving RA so bad, i really really like Cropduster this time around. Feels wonderful.

Thu December 08, 2016 3:54 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I'm just gonna throw this out there:

1. Cant Keep
2. Undone
3. Save You
4. Cropduster
5. Ghost
6. I am Mine
7. Down
8. You Are
9. Get Right
10. Green Disease
11. Other Side
12. Help Help
13. Arc
14. 1/2 Full

"Love Boat Captain" and "Bu$hleaguer" become the B-sides, and we just pretend "Thumbing My Way" and "All or None" never happened.

NO DEAL

Thu December 08, 2016 3:56 pm

I can deal with relegating LBC to B-Side status, though I think it's a mistake. That song is pretty central to the themes and connectivity of the record as a whole. So, I would leave it on the record, personally. But I can live with it far more than I can live with cutting All or None and dismissing it out of hand. No, sir. Absolutely not.

Thu December 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Going by my levels of PJ enthusiasm, Riot Act was the first record that came out after I was at peak fandom. I was always a fan, but after Napster came out and then Binaural, I was hooked. From 2002 on up until maybe 2011, I was in peak PJ fan form.

All my immense love for RA is strictly nostalgia. I first saw the band on Letterman playing "Save You." My first show was State College '03. I really like some songs, but Ghost, Cropduster, Get Right, Help Help all felt flat. Bushleaguer too, although I liked it at the time because I thought I was into that kind of thing. I actually really like the music to BL.

I have a lot of memories with each song (I spent a lot of time in cars in 03-04), and I like that, but overall it's a 3-star record for me.

Thu December 08, 2016 11:22 pm

YessCode2 wrote:Going by my levels of PJ enthusiasm, Riot Act was the first record that came out after I was at peak fandom. I was always a fan, but after Napster came out and then Binaural, I was hooked. From 2002 on up until maybe 2011, I was in peak PJ fan form.

All my immense love for RA is strictly nostalgia. I first saw the band on Letterman playing "Save You." My first show was State College '03. I really like some songs, but Ghost, Cropduster, Get Right, Help Help all felt flat. Bushleaguer too, although I liked it at the time because I thought I was into that kind of thing. I actually really like the music to BL.

I have a lot of memories with each song (I spent a lot of time in cars in 03-04), and I like that, but overall it's a 3-star record for me.

Those are 4 of the best songs on the album.

Fri December 09, 2016 12:22 am

durdencommatyler wrote:I can deal with relegating LBC to B-Side status, though I think it's a mistake. That song is pretty central to the themes and connectivity of the record as a whole. So, I would leave it on the record, personally. But I can live with it far more than I can live with cutting All or None and dismissing it out of hand. No, sir. Absolutely not.

With the exception of "Cropduster" I think "All or None" is my favorite song on this album.

Fri December 09, 2016 12:28 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fri December 09, 2016 12:29 am

I don't think there's anyone else on RM that I'm more incompatible with than LV when it comes to music :haha:

Fri December 09, 2016 3:22 am

bodysnatcher wrote:I don't think there's anyone else on RM that I'm more incompatible with than LV when it comes to music :haha:

Fri December 09, 2016 10:02 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ive got your back LV

Fri December 09, 2016 10:07 pm

"All Or None" sucking may be the only thing that me, LV and Stip all agree on

Fri December 09, 2016 10:11 pm

That search for common ground is our only way forward. How do we figure Stip feels about "Work?"

Fri December 09, 2016 11:41 pm

All Or None is beautiful. That Vic 08 version... :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Sat December 10, 2016 2:58 am

I like All or None, but not as much as most people here seem to do.

Sat December 10, 2016 3:09 am

I can only think of a handful of tracks that I prefer since Vitalogy. This song would crack my top twenty.

Sat December 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Yeah, I think I need to put Riot Act in the #2 slot. I adore Ten. It's a monster record and it's damn near perfect. But I just prefer Riot Act.

Sun December 11, 2016 12:23 am

It's my number two, Joe, so you'd be in the finest company.

Sun December 11, 2016 12:34 am

Kevin Davis wrote:It's my number two, Joe, so you'd be in the finest company.

:bammer:
Post a reply