The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next

Rate Riot Act
5 Stars: A top tier album 22%  22%  [ 20 ]
4 Stars: A very good album 44%  44%  [ 40 ]
3 Stars: Average 26%  26%  [ 23 ]
2: Stars: I expect more 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
1 Star: Embarrassing 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 90
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 08, 2016 3:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31277
Location: this field intentionally left blank
I'm just gonna throw this out there:

1. Cant Keep
2. Undone
3. Save You
4. Cropduster
5. Ghost
6. I am Mine
7. Down
8. You Are
9. Get Right
10. Green Disease
11. Other Side
12. Help Help
13. Arc
14. 1/2 Full

"Love Boat Captain" and "Bu$hleaguer" become the B-sides, and we just pretend "Thumbing My Way" and "All or None" never happened.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 08, 2016 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13012
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
"Down" is probably akin to "Everybody Hurts" in Joey's eyes

I don't know what this means.


I don't either. I was running on about 3 hours sleep when I said that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 08, 2016 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11954
Im loving RA so bad, i really really like Cropduster this time around. Feels wonderful.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 08, 2016 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I'm just gonna throw this out there:

1. Cant Keep
2. Undone
3. Save You
4. Cropduster
5. Ghost
6. I am Mine
7. Down
8. You Are
9. Get Right
10. Green Disease
11. Other Side
12. Help Help
13. Arc
14. 1/2 Full

"Love Boat Captain" and "Bu$hleaguer" become the B-sides, and we just pretend "Thumbing My Way" and "All or None" never happened.

NO DEAL


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 08, 2016 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I can deal with relegating LBC to B-Side status, though I think it's a mistake. That song is pretty central to the themes and connectivity of the record as a whole. So, I would leave it on the record, personally. But I can live with it far more than I can live with cutting All or None and dismissing it out of hand. No, sir. Absolutely not.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 08, 2016 10:46 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Thu March 06, 2014 11:49 pm
Posts: 12
Going by my levels of PJ enthusiasm, Riot Act was the first record that came out after I was at peak fandom. I was always a fan, but after Napster came out and then Binaural, I was hooked. From 2002 on up until maybe 2011, I was in peak PJ fan form.

All my immense love for RA is strictly nostalgia. I first saw the band on Letterman playing "Save You." My first show was State College '03. I really like some songs, but Ghost, Cropduster, Get Right, Help Help all felt flat. Bushleaguer too, although I liked it at the time because I thought I was into that kind of thing. I actually really like the music to BL.

I have a lot of memories with each song (I spent a lot of time in cars in 03-04), and I like that, but overall it's a 3-star record for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 08, 2016 11:22 pm 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2003
YessCode2 wrote:
Going by my levels of PJ enthusiasm, Riot Act was the first record that came out after I was at peak fandom. I was always a fan, but after Napster came out and then Binaural, I was hooked. From 2002 on up until maybe 2011, I was in peak PJ fan form.

All my immense love for RA is strictly nostalgia. I first saw the band on Letterman playing "Save You." My first show was State College '03. I really like some songs, but Ghost, Cropduster, Get Right, Help Help all felt flat. Bushleaguer too, although I liked it at the time because I thought I was into that kind of thing. I actually really like the music to BL.

I have a lot of memories with each song (I spent a lot of time in cars in 03-04), and I like that, but overall it's a 3-star record for me.


Those are 4 of the best songs on the album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 12:22 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5505
durdencommatyler wrote:
I can deal with relegating LBC to B-Side status, though I think it's a mistake. That song is pretty central to the themes and connectivity of the record as a whole. So, I would leave it on the record, personally. But I can live with it far more than I can live with cutting All or None and dismissing it out of hand. No, sir. Absolutely not.


With the exception of "Cropduster" I think "All or None" is my favorite song on this album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31277
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13012
Location: Seattle, WA
I don't think there's anyone else on RM that I'm more incompatible with than LV when it comes to music :haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
bodysnatcher wrote:
I don't think there's anyone else on RM that I'm more incompatible with than LV when it comes to music :haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29369
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ive got your back LV

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 10:07 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27199
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
"All Or None" sucking may be the only thing that me, LV and Stip all agree on

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 10:11 pm 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5505
That search for common ground is our only way forward. How do we figure Stip feels about "Work?"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2016 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11954
All Or None is beautiful. That Vic 08 version... :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3692
Location: Chile
I like All or None, but not as much as most people here seem to do.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17367
Location: Hunter
I can only think of a handful of tracks that I prefer since Vitalogy. This song would crack my top twenty.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2016 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Yeah, I think I need to put Riot Act in the #2 slot. I adore Ten. It's a monster record and it's damn near perfect. But I just prefer Riot Act.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sun December 11, 2016 12:23 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5505
It's my number two, Joe, so you'd be in the finest company.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Riot Act: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sun December 11, 2016 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Kevin Davis wrote:
It's my number two, Joe, so you'd be in the finest company.

:bammer:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 21, 2017 4:34 am