Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Topic locked

Re: 10th album rumors and speculation

Fri January 11, 2013 9:42 pm

joostone wrote:even Rolling Stone is not too optimistic....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/readers-poll-the-10-most-anticipated-albums-of-2013-20130109/2-pearl-jam-title-unknown-0441206?stop_mobi=yes

2. Pearl Jam - Title Unknown

Pearl Jam have kept a relatively low profile these past couple of years. Sure, they released a documentary and played some huge shows to celebrate their 20th anniversary, but they haven't released a new album since 2009, and they haven't done a real American tour since early 2010. During that time, Eddie Vedder has focused on his solo career, drummer Matt Cameron reunited with Soundgarden and Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard have worked with their side bands. They have been picking away at new Pearl Jam songs, though. "[We're] maybe halfway there," Vedder recently told Rolling Stone. "We're taking our time." A new album much later in the year seems like a strong possibility, but don't be shocked if it winds up being 2014.

Stone looks like the neighbor that all the kids are afraid to go to his house to trick or treat, bc he's gonna give you a toothbrush, or old copies of National Geographic

Sat January 12, 2013 12:10 am

turned2black wrote:I love Arcade Fire, but they always look like grown-up versions of the kids from Children of the Corn.

i don't know that i had seen a picture before. that is a creepy bunch. No wonder they don't like the suburbs.

Sat January 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Stip wrote:
turned2black wrote:I love Arcade Fire, but they always look like grown-up versions of the kids from Children of the Corn.

i don't know that i had seen a picture before. that is a creepy bunch. No wonder they don't like the suburbs.

:haha:

Sat January 12, 2013 6:01 pm

that pj picture also makes them look like the smallest band in history

Wed January 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Well that cats outta the bag:)
http://www.au.timeout.com/

Wed January 16, 2013 2:55 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Well that cats outta the bag:)

I'd be down for an EP or album with those two.

Wed January 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Yet another EP? :)

Wed January 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I'd be down for an EP or album with those two.

:heartbeat:

Wed January 16, 2013 6:33 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Well that cats outta the bag:)

Can you PM a link to these songs please?

Wed January 16, 2013 6:58 pm

"the elder rocker"

eddie's old.

Wed January 16, 2013 7:15 pm

yeah, that jumped out at me too

Wed January 16, 2013 7:21 pm

If you read the whole article, it's terribly written. grammar is all over the place.
great news though eh?

Wed January 16, 2013 7:42 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:If you read the whole article, it's terribly written. grammar is all over the place.
great news though eh?

it is, and I would definitely be interested in that collaboration.

Wed January 16, 2013 7:44 pm

EJ wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:If you read the whole article, it's terribly written. grammar is all over the place.
great news though eh?

it is, and I would definitely be interested in that collaboration.

I'd even be happy with all Everly Brothers covers.

Wed January 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I think that collaboration sounds mildly interesting. But can PJ quit beforehand so they have more time to make it good?

Wed January 16, 2013 8:28 pm

harmless wrote:I think that collaboration sounds mildly interesting. But can PJ quit beforehand so they have more time to make it good?

why would they quit that cash cow?

Wed January 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Was about to ask how long it was before someone complained this gets in the way of new PJ but theyre doing that on the pit already.

Wed January 16, 2013 8:33 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Was about to ask how long it was before someone complained this gets in the way of new PJ but theyre doing that on the pit already.

It's kind of true though . . .

Wed January 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:Was about to ask how long it was before someone complained this gets in the way of new PJ but theyre doing that on the pit already.

i think at this point an Ed solo album has a better chance of being good, so I'm not too broken up about it.

Wed January 16, 2013 9:06 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

i think at this point an Ed solo album has a better chance of being good, so I'm not too broken up about it.

I'm treating this like the NHL lockout. Beyond a certain point, I was almost hoping it would last just to see how long could last.
Topic locked