The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 371  Next
 Post subject: Re: 10th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 12:23 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Was about to ask how long it was before someone complained this gets in the way of new PJ but theyre doing that on the pit already.

It's kind of true though . . .

I think the blame should go to RNDM instead :lol:

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 9:28 pm 
AnalLog

Soundgarden is announced for the mmrBQ festival in camden in may......

And Brad is touring till march...so they have some weeks in march and april to finish this record otherwise...this one could really well be 2014... ;)

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 3:22 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

joostone wrote:
Soundgarden is announced for the mmrBQ festival in camden in may......

And Brad is touring till march...so they have some weeks in march and april to finish this record otherwise...this one could really well be 2014... ;)

There is a Stay tuned thing in the Website... tour? some album news?

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 5:06 pm 
Stone's Bitch

It's going to be an announcement for a Wrigley Field show, probably as part of a larger summer tour. They better be touring behind a new record, preferably titled Pangaea.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 6:21 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

maybe

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Tue January 22, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 6:24 pm 
Rank This Poster

so they are playing ten start to finish in chicago?

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 6:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I can't wait until 85% of 10 Clubbers get denied for a show at a venue that holds 45,000.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2013 12:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I can't wait for another show without a new album that's just like all their other shows since 2009.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2013 12:52 am 
10Club Complaint Department

How long can they keep uttering the word 'tour' and putting pictures up of random concert stages before the entire fanbase abandons them.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2013 12:54 am 
Poster of the Year

You'll put up with this shit forever if you still love the musical output.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2013 12:55 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

harmless wrote:
How long can they keep uttering the word 'tour' and putting pictures up of random concert stages before the entire fanbase abandons them.

too long if you ask me.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2013 1:04 am 

True stories, bros.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 4:35 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Quote:
Soundgarden recently released King Animal, their first album in a decade, and apparently some of the material, according to guitarist Kim Thayil, was meant for Pearl Jam.

"Matt [Cameron, drummer] had some songs which he had demoed that he wanted us to learn," Thayil told The Phoenix.

"He thought these songs were Soundgarden-like and that they might have been more appropriate for us than Pearl Jam and he wanted to hear us play them."

http://www.alternativeaddiction.com/musicnews/article/2998/Soundgarden-Guitarist-Says-New-Album-Features-Songs-Meant-For-Pearl-Jam

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 6:37 pm 
The worst

do we know which songs?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 6:41 pm 
Rank This Poster

stip wrote:
do we know which songs?

"By Crooked Steps" and "Eyelid's Mouth" are the songs on King Animal MC has writing credits

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 7:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

warehouse wrote:
stip wrote:
do we know which songs?

"By Crooked Steps" and "Eyelid's Mouth" are the songs on King Animal MC has writing credits

I would love to see Matt take a demo to Soundgarden – and also take the same demo to Pearl Jam – just to see the different end products by each band

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 9:33 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

warehouse wrote:
stip wrote:
do we know which songs?

Mccready even plays on Eyelid's mouth. By Crooked Steps would have been interesting. If only Pearl Jam didn't take so long they would have had some good music to work with.

PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 3:23 am 
The Master

Man I think Backspacer would be looked upon a tiny bit more favorably if the time spent promoting and touring on said record was equvilanet to the time they spent writing/arranging/recording the songs. If it were just ablip on the radar. Like a quirky release Neil did int he 80's or something. Looked upon as a little period in the bands lengthy and deep catalogue. Unfortunately - this is the record that has been on our plate for 4 years. It hasn't aged well for me. I do find some enjoyment in listening to it but knowing they are so much more capable of something greater and more unique.....bothers me...and makes me like Backspacer less.

Last edited by Strat on Wed January 30, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 6:29 am 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
Man I think Backspacer would be looked upon a tiny bit more favorably if the time spent promoting and touring on said record was equvilanet to the time they spent writing/arranging/recording the songs. If it were just ablip on the radar. Like a quirky release Neil did int he 80's or something. Looked upon as a little period in the bands lengthy and deep catalogue. Unfortunately - this is the record that has been on our plate for 4 years. It hasn't aged well for me. I do find some enjoyment in listening to it but knowing they are so much more capable of something greater and more unique.....bothers me...and makes me dislike Backspacer less.

Agreed. I think going "full Neil Young" would benefit Pearl Jam quite a bit. Release albums one after the other, depending on the muse. Backspacer would be remembered for what is really is, a fun diversion, rather than a lasting document of Pearl Jam circa 2009-2013.

PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 6:34 am 

evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
Man I think Backspacer would be looked upon a tiny bit more favorably if the time spent promoting and touring on said record was equvilanet to the time they spent writing/arranging/recording the songs. If it were just ablip on the radar. Like a quirky release Neil did int he 80's or something. Looked upon as a little period in the bands lengthy and deep catalogue. Unfortunately - this is the record that has been on our plate for 4 years. It hasn't aged well for me. I do find some enjoyment in listening to it but knowing they are so much more capable of something greater and more unique.....bothers me...and makes me dislike Backspacer less.

Agreed. I think going "full Neil Young" would benefit Pearl Jam quite a bit. Release albums one after the other, depending on the muse. Backspacer would be remembered for what is really is, a fun diversion, rather than a lasting document of Pearl Jam circa 2009-2013.

I'm definitely down with this too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 371  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam