Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: The holiday single thread

Sun January 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Sun January 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Not crazy about the single on first listen, but always happy for new Pearl Jam. Hope it's a grower.

Sun January 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Boring cover.

Alive sounded quite good though.

Mon January 08, 2018 1:59 am

Having listened a few times, I think this is one of my favourite PJ Christmas singles. I found the cover really enjoyable. Makes me long for a studio record that sounds half as good as these rehearsal recordings.

Mon January 08, 2018 2:45 am

nice to hear some guitar solos

"your father was dye-HHHHHHen"

but redeems himself on the "I can't remember"...

Krusen with some nice fills toward the end there!!

Mon January 08, 2018 4:55 am

That is a very pleasant version of Alive

Mon January 08, 2018 6:31 am

Kevin Davis wrote:

This is some solid RM’ing.

Mon January 08, 2018 3:07 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:That is a very pleasant version of Alive

i get that's slower and more the pace of the album version - which is cool - but is ol' dave struggling to keep time in spots there?

Mon January 08, 2018 3:09 pm

mmm i dont think he was struggling at all. Its more slow and groovy for sure.

Mon January 08, 2018 4:01 pm

It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:

Mon January 08, 2018 4:10 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:

Still gloating that you were there and the rest of us peasants had to watch some shitty Periscope feed?

Mon January 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:

Still gloating that you were there and the rest of us peasants had to watch some shitty Periscope feed?

8-)

I get so very few perks in my life.

Mon January 08, 2018 4:30 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

8-)

This is a bald faced untruth.

Mon January 08, 2018 4:31 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

8-)

This is a bald faced untruth.

That's fair. Thanks for keeping me in check. Emotions affect perception so much. And that was a shitty post. I've been super lucky.

Mon January 08, 2018 11:18 pm

this single is fun. it's nice to hear current day pearl jam actually play something "new" together (even if it's a cover). nice energy there.

and alive with krusen rules over all other versions. he gets it.

Tue January 09, 2018 12:40 am

i wish they’d do an Even Flow with Krusen. Slow, original style. tender, falling off the bone. juicy, flavorful

Tue January 09, 2018 12:47 am

96583UP wrote:i wish they’d do an Even Flow with Krusen. Slow, original style. tender, falling off the bone. juicy, flavorful

Oh that would be amazing...imagine if Krusen gets this guys to slow it down...and get that song´s groove back.

Tue January 09, 2018 12:52 am

VinylGuy wrote:
96583UP wrote:i wish they’d do an Even Flow with Krusen. Slow, original style. tender, falling off the bone. juicy, flavorful

Oh that would be amazing...imagine if Krusen gets this guys to slow it down...and get that song´s groove back.

"guys, you've been listening to this song on 45rpm for the last 20 years?? wtf??" ... **sets turntable to 33rpm**

Tue January 09, 2018 12:56 am

bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

"guys, you've been listening to this song on 45rpm for the last 20 years?? wtf??" ... **sets turntable to 33rpm**

¨guys this is also my song. Let do this¨

Tue January 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Has everyone who expected to get a physical copy of this gotten theirs? 2016 was the only year I was in 10C but I'll be surprised if I actually receive one. And because I'm no longer a member I don't have access to the "download" section on the site. Cool fan club.
Post a reply