Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: The holiday single thread

Thu December 28, 2017 5:26 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:Anyone want to form a class action lawsuit?

Seriously. I wonder if they'll refund part of my membership fee if I ask? Instead, they'll take offense to it, bump my 10C member # to 1,000,xxx, and send me an old "I'm Analog" shirt from three years ago.

I have an email drafted asking the same thing. I'm switching to Digital membership this year, and will ask them if I'll still receive the "2017" vinyl single, and if not, if I'll receive a $20 refund since that's the only reason one would join the Analog club.

Careful, you live close to 10C headquarters. They may hunt you down

Thu December 28, 2017 5:59 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Seriously. I wonder if they'll refund part of my membership fee if I ask? Instead, they'll take offense to it, bump my 10C member # to 1,000,xxx, and send me an old "I'm Analog" shirt from three years ago.

Stop giving them your money.

Thu December 28, 2017 6:31 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Help me, Pete

Thu December 28, 2017 6:42 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Help me, Pete

Give me your pearljam.com credentials.

Thu December 28, 2017 7:03 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Help me, Pete

Give me your credit cards and SSN

Thu December 28, 2017 8:48 pm

if people left the 10C after 2016 and changed addresses there’s going to be a lot of records kicked back ‘return to sender’......

Thu December 28, 2017 9:56 pm

96583UP wrote:if people left the 10C after 2016 and changed addresses there’s going to be a lot of records kicked back ‘return to sender’......

You should have changed your address before August 1st. And then again before November 15th. And then again right now.

Thu December 28, 2017 10:15 pm

B wrote:
96583UP wrote:if people left the 10C after 2016 and changed addresses there’s going to be a lot of records kicked back ‘return to sender’......

You should have changed your address before August 1st. And then again before November 15th. And then again right now.

sounds like a lot of work for a soundchecked version of Olé from 2014

Thu December 28, 2017 10:20 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I have an email drafted asking the same thing. I'm switching to Digital membership this year, and will ask them if I'll still receive the "2017" vinyl single, and if not, if I'll receive a $20 refund since that's the only reason one would join the Analog club.

Careful, you live close to 10C headquarters. They may hunt you down

i'm pretty sure i can outrun Tim B

Fri December 29, 2017 12:26 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Help me, Pete

Dudes, it’s far past time to give up the membership. You won’t miss it. It’s been a few years now since I didn’t renew and I haven’t missed it for a second. I had a decently low membership number too because I joined when I was like 15 or something. Actually I can’t recall a time when having a low membership number helped me for any reason other than idiotic bragging rights. Cut the cord!

Fri December 29, 2017 1:15 am

PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Help me, Pete

Dudes, it’s far past time to give up the membership. You won’t miss it. It’s been a few years now since I didn’t renew and I haven’t missed it for a second. I had a decently low membership number too because I joined when I was like 15 or something. Actually I can’t recall a time when having a low membership number helped me for any reason other than idiotic bragging rights. Cut the cord!

I think you may be on to something here.

Fri December 29, 2017 2:05 am

Honest question: for those of you who dropped altogether or went digital, how difficult is it to get the physical holiday single? It's the only reason I ever do analog, if/when they send one. I went digital for 2 years, and both times, the cost to get a single off eBay added up to be the same as Analog.

Fri December 29, 2017 2:50 am

for those who drop membership-
what do you do when it’s time to buy concert tix?

are your fan club #’s not worth keeping?

i basically view it as a low-rent PSL at this point

Fri December 29, 2017 3:00 am

Simple Torture wrote:Did you miss "No Jeremy" / "Falling Down"?

I liked that one, only played it once or twice though. There have been good singles, but it doesn't bother me that I don't own them, especially the last 3 -4.

96583UP wrote:for those who drop membership-

In australia, 10c membership has been no help for getting tickets since 06. The shows have been GA/festival shows again for over 10 years.

Fri December 29, 2017 3:38 am

In seattle, fan club tix have been shit. I had a friend who got better seats through the general public sale on ticketmaster than I got through 10c with a #158xxx

Fri December 29, 2017 4:58 am

A Pearl Jam concert hasn't been worth the money in almost ten years now.

Fri December 29, 2017 4:59 am

now that's just crazy talk

Fri December 29, 2017 5:56 am

I don’t think my membership ever helped me get tickets. I always just get them through Ticketmaster or whoever.

Side note; the holiday singles have become lame as hell. I have zero interest in hearing Ed sing with fucking Beyoncé. And if I wanted to for some ridiculous reason, I’d just watch it on YouTube. That shit ain’t worth $30(?) a year.

Fri December 29, 2017 2:11 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:

In seattle, fan club tix have been shit. I had a friend who got better seats through the general public sale on ticketmaster than I got through 10c with a #158xxx

That's similar to my number, and at the 09 shows I got great seats both nights. I don't think they have a consistent system, though. Because then in Charlotte I got shitty seats.

Fri December 29, 2017 2:33 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

That's similar to my number, and at the 09 shows I got great seats both nights. I don't think they have a consistent system, though. Because then in Charlotte I got shitty seats.

didnt they change the system btw 09 & 13?
Post a reply