Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: The holiday single thread

Thu May 11, 2017 9:21 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:This is RM's worst attempt at this schtick yet. Too bad, I usually chuckle when one of these sessions breaks out.

I thought I had a couple of good ones in there.

Fail, Fail

Big Waveland & Ben Grievance aren't fails. Hell, even CorduRoy Smalley isn't that bad. And chud definitely had some good ones. You're jaded, Ruddo!

Fri May 12, 2017 12:43 am

David Rossin' in the Free World

Fri May 12, 2017 12:55 am

Pundone

Mon July 10, 2017 6:22 pm

I forget, have we gotten 2016's single?

Mon July 10, 2017 6:23 pm

They just said in today's mailing that it will be heading out soon ("We are pulling addresses for the Holiday Single" is such a weird way for them to put it, but there you go).

Mon July 10, 2017 6:24 pm

Ugh. They couldn't at least tell us what it will be?

Mon July 10, 2017 6:30 pm

How difficult would it be for the band to do something quick and original like Strangest Tribe and Drifting every year? That is what I dream of with these holiday singles.

Mon July 10, 2017 6:43 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:They just said in today's mailing that it will be heading out soon ("We are pulling addresses for the Holiday Single" is such a weird way for them to put it, but there you go).

That takes 2 minutes in query world. So this will be completed by mid-September in 10C world.

Mon July 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Anders wrote:How difficult would it be for the band to do something quick and original like Strangest Tribe and Drifting every year? That is what I dream of with these holiday singles.

at least give us 2 songs from the BS/LB sessions.

oh wait, that's like giving away 1/5th of the next album.

Mon July 10, 2017 7:43 pm

FFS, all they would have to do is put "Of the Earth" studio recording on there and everyone would lose their minds. That requires zero effort.

Mon July 10, 2017 7:44 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
Anders wrote:How difficult would it be for the band to do something quick and original like Strangest Tribe and Drifting every year? That is what I dream of with these holiday singles.

at least give us 2 songs from the BS/LB sessions.

oh wait, that's like giving away 1/5th of the next album.

Hey now!

Mon July 10, 2017 7:45 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:FFS, all they would have to do is put "Of the Earth" studio recording on there and everyone would lose their minds. That requires zero effort.
See post above yours.

Mon July 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Of the Earth
Let it Ride
Cold Confession

All songs that they know we know exist, yet no official release of. Any one of those three and people would be satisfied and creaming all over the place.

Mon July 10, 2017 7:47 pm

gimme the '96 Bridge School version of Corduroy. they let us have "Slow Jeremy", so why not?

Mon July 10, 2017 8:16 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Of the Earth
Let it Ride
Cold Confession

All songs that they know we know exist, yet no official release of. Any one of those three and people would be satisfied and creaming all over the place.

I could rub one out to that.

Mon July 10, 2017 9:16 pm

betterman(live) an outtake from the latest album(lightningbawl), and i'm ok with it

Mon July 10, 2017 10:11 pm

just let Jeff and Strone throw some demos together. that's the most interesting thing they can probably deliver

Sat July 15, 2017 1:00 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:FFS, all they would have to do is put "Of the Earth" studio recording on there and everyone would lose their minds. That requires zero effort.

I would enjoy that.

Sat July 15, 2017 1:04 am

Side A: Out Of Sand (live)
Side B: Betterman (live)

Sat July 15, 2017 11:34 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Of the Earth
Let it Ride
Cold Confession

This would make me so happy. I'm still curious as to what else is part of these sessions that we haven't heard.. The last real time they all spent in a studio together (that we're aware of). Meaning more than a couple of weeks at a time, unlike the last 2 records. Everything's been handled in 2 week increments for a little while now. Records, Tours...
Post a reply