No votes
2 stars: meh
No votes
1 star: double meh
2%

Total votes : 62

Re: Song of the Moment: Corduroy

Sun April 23, 2017 3:23 am

dimejinky99 wrote:This sounds flatter than I remember ... be cool to have a mashup of a song like this from 95 through all its versions to now. It never changed I know. Just the way it's played has so much.

i like the way they managed to change outfits and guitars repeatedly during the song

it's something they haven't really quite been able to replicate since that era

Mon April 24, 2017 3:54 am

1:36:02

Thu December 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Ugh I just heard Jack Irons play this. He really sucks at Dave A songs a lot of the time. Going into the bridge he didn't change the way he was playing AT ALL and it completely killed it

Fri December 15, 2017 3:38 am

Jack Irons is better than Dave A. at everything, especially drums and not being wanted by the police

Fri December 15, 2017 3:56 am

:lol:

Fri December 15, 2017 3:59 am

KD knows what's up

Fri December 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Jack Irons is too slow and steady he can't drive the music forward so it just drags and doesn't get taken to the heights Dave A could take it too.

Except for when he plays his own songs.

Fri December 15, 2017 11:41 pm

If he was such a great drummer how come they fired him?

Sat December 16, 2017 1:33 am

cause Ed was going through a period of personal/artistic change and wanted someone that would support his monkeywrench persona

Sat December 16, 2017 4:03 am

96583UP wrote:cause Ed was going through a period of personal/artistic change and wanted someone that would support his monkeywrench persona

KD is forgetting the monumental, influential work Dave A has done since the firing.

Sat December 16, 2017 4:17 am

Dave A is the only ex drummer from PJ who hasnt done anything since he left the band right?

Krusen toured with Candlebox ( fuck i saw him playing with the foos!), Chamberlin is a well known session player, Jackie I did two solo albums, some touring and opened for the Peppers this year...

Fri December 22, 2017 3:59 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Dave A is the only ex drummer from PJ who hasnt done anything since he left the band right?

Krusen toured with Candlebox ( fuck i saw him playing with the foos!), Chamberlin is a well known session player, Jackie I did two solo albums, some touring and opened for the Peppers this year...

Chamberlain filled in with Soundgarden a few years back, too.

Fri August 24, 2018 12:57 pm

I Cannot express how much I fucking love this song.

Fri August 24, 2018 2:07 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I Cannot express how much I fucking love this song.

this is exactly how i feel. still my all-time favorite song. never tired of hearing it.

Fri August 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Other than the call and response thing now I never tire of hearing this song.

Fri August 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Other than the call and response thing now I never tire of hearing this song.

the call and response is terrible. worst idea since adding boom into in my tree.

Fri August 24, 2018 2:42 pm

dad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Other than the call and response thing now I never tire of hearing this song.

the call and response is terrible. worst idea since adding boom into in my tree.

I like the slower bridge afterwards, but the call and response just kills the momentum of the song. Truly terrible.

Fri August 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Is this song (especially the beginning) the first great interplay of Ed's guitar and Jeff's bass?

Or maybe Porch should count because it's an Ed song even if Stone was the one strumming on the recording.

Fri August 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Berlin in June. They’re playing it at the right tempo fellas :)

Fri August 24, 2018 3:35 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Berlin in June. They’re playing it at the right tempo fellas :)

you can hear some people start on the call and response part. :shake:
Post a reply