1 Star
No votes

Total votes : 5

Song of the Moment: Alive

Fri December 28, 2012 7:00 pm

old thread archived here

Re: Song of the Moment: Alive

Mon December 01, 2014 7:44 pm

this deserves discussion..it's revealing for being so intimate, and for being so outside how we're usually used to hearing it..the meaning in this song has changed so much, it's immeasurable..

Mon December 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Mon December 01, 2014 10:07 pm

is that that lawyer fuck?

Mon December 01, 2014 10:17 pm

yeah

Tue December 02, 2014 1:35 am

That version definitely has a bit different feel, at least until the jam at the end. Even stranger though is looking at them in 2006 and thinking how young Eddie/Stone/Mike look. I mean, that's Avocado so I think of that as late period PJ, but I guess eight years ages us. Except Jeff and Matt. They're robots.

Tue December 02, 2014 5:28 am

I'm not familiar with this song. Which album is it from?

Tue December 02, 2014 8:34 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I'm not familiar with this song. Which album is it from?

Hen.

Tue December 02, 2014 10:22 am

delanoche wrote:Even stranger though is looking at them in 2006 and thinking how young Eddie/Stone/Mike look.

I'm struck by this whenever I see any Pearl Jam footage from 2005 or 2006 too, the years really caught up with those guys after that.

(The music kind of went to shit around the same time, regrettably.)

Tue December 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Whatever, I still love this song.
And Matt & Jeff have both aged extremely well.

Tue December 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Long after Pearl Jam has retired I think this is their song that will endure the most. I don't think it's their best song but it captures a time better than anything they've ever done and it plays to every strength they have. I do find it amusing that fans basically and immediately turned the song song into a life affirming one rather than it's true intent.

Tue December 02, 2014 8:34 pm

the mtv generation was born...and so began split second long editing and shows about teen pregnancy..

Tue December 02, 2014 8:36 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:the mtv generation was born...and so began split second long editing and shows about teen pregnancy..

there's a link between these two but the cheap joke easily made is unbecoming of the 9 month torture and 18-45 year long responsibility that follows..
Post a reply