The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to send Matt back to SG?
PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:08 pm 
The Master

harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:
what bothers me is "Matt is bored with pj" comments. They all stem from "yea, i just dont like this song, he is bored and he belongs in soundgarden, where is jack omg"

If there's someone in PJ who's bored or dissatisfied with it that someone is a complete moron. They don't need the money and each and all of them can do whatever they want artistically partly because they have the money to afford it.

And they are doing whatever they want artistically... in other bands.

You honestly believe they are not doing what they want in pearl jam?

10Club Complaint Department

hankholetsgo wrote:
stip wrote:
Strat wrote:
what bothers me is "Matt is bored with pj" comments. They all stem from "yea, i just dont like this song, he is bored and he belongs in soundgarden, where is jack omg"

didn't jack quit the band because he couldn't be bothered to go out and play his songs?

I don't think Jack could keep pace. Same for Dave A - I remember seeing pictures of him icing his wrists.

Drumming sucks. It often hurts. But for some reason that doesn't seem to apply to Matt C.

Drumming gives you blisters when you've had a great gig and put your all into it, yes.

Banned from the Pit

THIN AIR?!?!?! I HATE THISSSSSSSSSSS SONG! :(

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:09 pm 
AnalLog

harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

If there's someone in PJ who's bored or dissatisfied with it that someone is a complete moron. They don't need the money and each and all of them can do whatever they want artistically partly because they have the money to afford it.

and how the hell you know PJ isn't one of those bands? Because RM told you Stone Gossard thinks so?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:10 pm 

Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

I think that what they want for Pearl Jam is to "give the people what they want." So yes, and no. I think they're following their truly creative, artistic instincts with their side projects. I think Pearl Jam pays the bills. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them. But that's where I think they are.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:11 pm 
Banned from the Pit

harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

I think that what they want for Pearl Jam is to "give the people what they want." So yes, and no. I think they're following their truly creative, artistic instincts with their side projects. I think Pearl Jam pays the bills. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them. But that's where I think they are.

These guys are millionaires many times over... what bills are they worried about not paying?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:11 pm 

Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

and how the hell you know PJ isn't one of those bands? Because RM told you Stone Gossard thinks so?

Well, I think a lot of people on RM just have that opinion, man. Based on interviews, performances, songs, you name it. What gave you your opinion? It's irrelevant, really, isn't it? I certainly don't need RM to hand me an opinion.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:12 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Guys, Matt is already in SG.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:13 pm 
AnalLog

harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

They could have retired 15 years ago and PJ would still be paying the bills all right.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:14 pm 

hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

These guys are millionaires many times over... what bills are they worried about not paying?

Really? After all the talk about what PJ have to pay for, and all the talk about the commercial efforts they've gone to in recent years? You know the answer to that question. I don't think they *have* to be *worried*. They're rich as hell. And yet, money seems to be a motivator more and more. Don't ask me why, I'm not Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:15 pm 
AnalLog

harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

Well, I think a lot of people on RM just have that opinion, man. Based on interviews, performances, songs, you name it. What gave you your opinion? It's irrelevant, really, isn't it? I certainly don't need RM to hand me an opinion.

You mean psychoanalysis of pictures with that right? Because that's what I'm seeing here.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:16 pm 

Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

They could have retired 15 years ago and PJ would still be paying the bills all right.

Look, I agree. But I gave that argument earlier, and it was met with some "They have a family and mouths to feed" bullshit. I actually said that they could retire now and nobody would go without food for the rest of their lives.

Banned from the Pit

harmless wrote:
hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

Really? After all the talk about what PJ have to pay for, and all the talk about the commercial efforts they've gone to in recent years? You know the answer to that question. I don't think they *have* to be *worried*. They're rich as hell. And yet, money seems to be a motivator more and more. Don't ask me why, I'm not Pearl Jam.

Not that I care if they are still in it for the money or whatever, but commercial efforts also imply a desire to be liked, which is, from what I can tell, an important thing to them now. Or at least Ed.

Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

You mean psychoanalysis of pictures with that right? Because that's what I'm seeing here.

WTF? What pictures?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:17 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

How can a zombie robot possibly be bored with anything?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:18 pm 

hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

Not that I care if they are still in it for the money or whatever, but commercial efforts also imply a desire to be liked, which is, from what I can tell, an important thing to them now. Or at least Ed.

Which doesn't contradict my argument in the slightest. I don't have to think a band is pulling out all the stops creatively, just because they "want to be liked". Otherwise I would be on a Miley Cyrus board.

Last edited by harmless on Wed November 06, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:18 pm 
Commissioner

I for one do not believe that every single night is "pure stoke" for them anymore.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:19 pm 
Commissioner

harmless wrote:
I would be on a Miley Cyrus bored.

You can hate her for whatever you want, but I can't imagine you'd be bored if you were on her.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:20 pm 
Commissioner

YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD EDIT THAT BEFORE IT WAS PRESERVED FOR ETERNITY, DIDN'T YOU HARMLESS?

:)

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:20 pm 

Mine, what you're "seeing here" is various opinions I've been developing since 2006, largely on my own, in part with other people who feel similar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam