The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to send Matt back to SG?
PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:20 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Lament wrote:
YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD EDIT THAT BEFORE IT WAS PRESERVED FOR ETERNITY, DIDN'T YOU HARMLESS?

:)

:gomez: :finger:

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:20 pm 
Banned from the Pit

harmless wrote:
hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:
what bothers me is "Matt is bored with pj" comments. They all stem from "yea, i just dont like this song, he is bored and he belongs in soundgarden, where is jack omg"

If there's someone in PJ who's bored or dissatisfied with it that someone is a complete moron. They don't need the money and each and all of them can do whatever they want artistically partly because they have the money to afford it.

And they are doing whatever they want artistically... in other bands.

You honestly believe they are not doing what they want in pearl jam?

I think that what they want for Pearl Jam is to "give the people what they want." So yes, and no. I think they're following their truly creative, artistic instincts with their side projects. I think Pearl Jam pays the bills. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them. But that's where I think they are.

These guys are millionaires many times over... what bills are they worried about not paying?

Really? After all the talk about what PJ have to pay for, and all the talk about the commercial efforts they've gone to in recent years? You know the answer to that question. I don't think they *have* to be *worried*. They're rich as hell. And yet, money seems to be a motivator more and more. Don't ask me why, I'm not Pearl Jam.

Not that I care if they are still in it for the money or whatever, but commercial efforts also imply a desire to be liked, which is, from what I can tell, an important thing to them now. Or at least Ed.

Which doesn't contradict my argument in the slightest. I don't have to think a band is pulling out all the stops creatively, just because they "want to be liked". Otherwise I would be on a Miley Cyrus board.

Well there's an obvious comparison.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:21 pm 
AnalLog

harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:
what bothers me is "Matt is bored with pj" comments. They all stem from "yea, i just dont like this song, he is bored and he belongs in soundgarden, where is jack omg"

If there's someone in PJ who's bored or dissatisfied with it that someone is a complete moron. They don't need the money and each and all of them can do whatever they want artistically partly because they have the money to afford it.

and how the hell you know PJ isn't one of those bands? Because RM told you Stone Gossard thinks so?

Well, I think a lot of people on RM just have that opinion, man. Based on interviews, performances, songs, you name it. What gave you your opinion? It's irrelevant, really, isn't it? I certainly don't need RM to hand me an opinion.

You mean psychoanalysis of pictures with that right? Because that's what I'm seeing here.

WTF? What pictures?

every fucking band picture here is quoted in every post for at least 2 pages because everybody can tell from Stone's face he's dissatisfied with the band. 80% of his interviews and quotes get filtered out anyway because that would kind of get in the way of the image people have of him.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:21 pm 
Commissioner

harmless wrote:

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:23 pm 
The Master

How's everyone?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:24 pm 
Commissioner

See the emoticon directly above your question.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

Strat wrote:
How's everyone?

psychoanalyze our pictures and find out

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:26 pm 

hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
hankholetsgo wrote:
harmless wrote:
Strat wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

You honestly believe they are not doing what they want in pearl jam?

I think that what they want for Pearl Jam is to "give the people what they want." So yes, and no. I think they're following their truly creative, artistic instincts with their side projects. I think Pearl Jam pays the bills. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them. But that's where I think they are.

These guys are millionaires many times over... what bills are they worried about not paying?

Really? After all the talk about what PJ have to pay for, and all the talk about the commercial efforts they've gone to in recent years? You know the answer to that question. I don't think they *have* to be *worried*. They're rich as hell. And yet, money seems to be a motivator more and more. Don't ask me why, I'm not Pearl Jam.

Not that I care if they are still in it for the money or whatever, but commercial efforts also imply a desire to be liked, which is, from what I can tell, an important thing to them now. Or at least Ed.

Which doesn't contradict my argument in the slightest. I don't have to think a band is pulling out all the stops creatively, just because they "want to be liked". Otherwise I would be on a Miley Cyrus board.

Well there's an obvious comparison.

Musically, no. In their desire "to be liked", yes, absolutely there is.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:27 pm 

Lament wrote:
harmless wrote:

:cry:

:luv:

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:28 pm 

Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
harmless wrote:
Mine wrote:
Strat wrote:

and how the hell you know PJ isn't one of those bands? Because RM told you Stone Gossard thinks so?

Well, I think a lot of people on RM just have that opinion, man. Based on interviews, performances, songs, you name it. What gave you your opinion? It's irrelevant, really, isn't it? I certainly don't need RM to hand me an opinion.

You mean psychoanalysis of pictures with that right? Because that's what I'm seeing here.

WTF? What pictures?

every fucking band picture here is quoted in every post for at least 2 pages because everybody can tell from Stone's face he's dissatisfied with the band. 80% of his interviews and quotes get filtered out anyway because that would kind of get in the way of the image people have of him.

I have not seen any of the pictures you're referring to. I have not captioned any pictures. I don't care about pictures. If you remember, I've been putting forward actual arguments.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:51 pm 
AnalLog

harmless wrote:

I have not seen any of the pictures you're referring to. I have not captioned any pictures. I don't care about pictures. If you remember, I've been putting forward actual arguments.

I wasn't referring to you or this thread with that. Having said that the main argument people have for "knowing" Stone is dissatisfied with the band is because he looks funny in every publicity shot the band does it isn't his quotes or interviews. And no i will not go search a certain thread of legendary proportions just because i remember people dragging a recent publicity shot and :lol: at it because...well you get the picture.

Anyway i think a lot of things get blown out of proportion regarding the band weather we're talking about artistic or business choices.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:54 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Well, yeah.

Jeff leaving stage a little early to take a massive dump in Baltimore = he's quitting the band.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:54 pm 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

Birds in Hell wrote:
Ringo was a brilliant drummer for the Beatles.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 10:59 pm 
Broken Tamborine

"send" Matt back to SG??? HAA. Matt Cameron is an amazing drummer. One of the most respected drummers in the world. By the way he is in both bands, and always will be. The other members of PJ love the fact that Matt has been with them since 98, he is a genius. Dave A??? wow, let it go, thats never going to happen, maybe at the rock in roll hall of fame induction in 8 years or whatever. :wave:

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 11:10 pm 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

zeb wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

I'd take Ringo over Dave A everyday of the week.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 11:22 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Fuzzcharger wrote:
zeb wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

I'd take Ringo over Dave A everyday of the week.

I'll go along with this.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 11:25 pm 
Commissioner

EJ wrote:
Jeff leaving stage a little early to take a massive dump in Baltimore

Do we know it was massive, or is this just another case of classic RM speculation?

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 11:26 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

psychoanalysis of dookie

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 11:28 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Lament wrote:
EJ wrote:
Jeff leaving stage a little early to take a massive dump in Baltimore

Do we know it was massive, or is this just another case of classic RM speculation?

I need to look at more Stone pics to know for sure.

PostPosted: Wed November 06, 2013 11:31 pm 
Commissioner

Maybe it was massive for Jeff, but for Mike it was a mere fart. Should we judge Jeff's bowel movements against the size and quality of his previous bowel movements, against those of his peers and contemporaries, or against the greatest of all-time?

So much to think about...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam