Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Arcade Fire would be a cool band for Jeff Ament

Wed October 30, 2013 2:28 pm

I like Arcade Fire to a degree, atleast in concept, but this review from the Washington Post is a must read and hilarious. Sorry if this was already posted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... story.html

Wed October 30, 2013 2:37 pm

it was an unusually snarky review for a newspaper, wasn't it?

Wed October 30, 2013 2:49 pm

And full of contradictions.

Wed October 30, 2013 3:24 pm

stip wrote:it was an unusually snarky review for a newspaper, wasn't it?

Yeah, def a little snarky. But in a refreshing way to me. Just threw all of the PC attitude of mainstream reviewers who just follow along and have their finger in the wind as to how they feel like they should be reviewing music. While everyone else is sort of following a certain tagline for AF (kings of indie! the new U2! Bowie loves them!), this dude is just sort of farting in everyone's face and saying "erm, no, I don't think so" and just voices his opinion in a really funny way. That 'moonwalking' line almost made me spit out my coffee.

Wed October 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Now let's try to imagine the reactions to a similar review of a Pearl Jam album.

Wed October 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Heathen wrote:Now let's try to imagine the reactions to a similar review of a Pearl Jam album.

God forbid you suggest such a thing in here.

Wed October 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Half the reviews of Pearl Jam albums from the start have sounded pretty damn similar to that. See: Kurt Cobain, Jim Derogatis, Pitchfork, Brit press, etc.

I, for one, am a huge fan of cock-rock corporate rock though, so I'm a sellout and proud Jamily member since 1991.

Wed October 30, 2013 5:01 pm

evenslow wrote:Half the reviews of Pearl Jam albums from the start have sounded pretty damn similar to that. See: Kurt Cobain, Jim Derogatis, Pitchfork, Brit press, etc.

I, for one, am a huge fan of cock-rock corporate rock though, so I'm a sellout and proud Jamily member since 1991.

:finger:

Wed October 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Wed October 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Washington post. For the win.
Post a reply