Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Jeff "Storms Off Stage" in Baltimore

Tue October 29, 2013 12:13 am

I'm so happy when I get either Baba O'Riley or Fuckin' Up in its stead.

Tue October 29, 2013 12:14 am

Baba is by far and away my favorite.

Tue October 29, 2013 12:14 am

Baba O'Riley
Fuckin' Up

RITFW

Tue October 29, 2013 12:16 am

Birds in Hell wrote:I don't have any problem with them playing Rockin' in the Free World, it's like a hole-ridden jumper that you've had forever but can't bear to throw away. They've been playing it forever and there's something kind of traditional about them playing it last (or second-to-last) at this point - I'd prefer to hear it than Yellow Ledbetter, personally.

Keep your homespun aussie euphemisms to yourself, its just a cover. PJ should stop thinking its their song!

Tue October 29, 2013 12:17 am

I'm pretty happy for them to keep rolling any of those three out at the end of the night.

(Fuckin' Up is obviously the best, though - also the only one of the three I haven't heard at a show yet.)

Tue October 29, 2013 12:19 am

injuddstree wrote:Looks like he's annoyed that there was a random douche on stage and he had just had enough.

Does anyone know who he was?

Tue October 29, 2013 12:22 am

fishbob wrote:
injuddstree wrote:Looks like he's annoyed that there was a random douche on stage and he had just had enough.

Some guy Ed saw dancing at the back so he brought him on-stage, I think.

Tue October 29, 2013 12:24 am

Birds in Hell wrote:I'm pretty happy for them to keep rolling any of those three out at the end of the night.

(Fuckin' Up is obviously the best, though - also the only one of the three I haven't heard at a show yet.)

Chicago 09 (08?) version is an absolute abortion but stone absolutely destroys the solo at the end. So amazing.

Tue October 29, 2013 12:26 am

I dunno, I guess when I go and see a band I'd prefer it if they played their own songs. Especially when the covers aren't that different from the originals

Tue October 29, 2013 12:27 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
fishbob wrote:

The Baltimore Sun wrote:But the real root of the audience’s envy was a guy in section 327, at the very back and top of the arena. Early in the show, after “Given to Fly,” the constantly bouncing fan caught Vedder’s eye. The singer asked for the house lights.

“Is that a yellow shirt?” he asked. “You made quite an impression.”

To be singled out by the lead singer is an accomplishment enough. But right before the night ended with “Rockin’ in the Free World,” Vedder invited the same fan on stage. Halfway through the song, the man finally made it to the stage and danced alongside the band as it extended the song to maximize the moment.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bal-after-23-years-pearl-jam-finally-comes-to-baltimore-20131028,0,7370922.story

Tue October 29, 2013 12:28 am

I am thinking of cancelling classes tomorrow until we know for sure Jeff is still in the band

Tue October 29, 2013 12:29 am

fishbob wrote:when I go and see a band I'd prefer it if they played their own songs. Especially when the covers aren't that different from the originals

Tue October 29, 2013 12:32 am

Covers are neat surprises, or should be. Hearing PJ playing the same ones over and over is :roll:

Tue October 29, 2013 12:33 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
fishbob wrote:

The Baltimore Sun wrote:But the real root of the audience’s envy was a guy in section 327, at the very back and top of the arena. Early in the show, after “Given to Fly,” the constantly bouncing fan caught Vedder’s eye. The singer asked for the house lights.

“Is that a yellow shirt?” he asked. “You made quite an impression.”

To be singled out by the lead singer is an accomplishment enough. But right before the night ended with “Rockin’ in the Free World,” Vedder invited the same fan on stage. Halfway through the song, the man finally made it to the stage and danced alongside the band as it extended the song to maximize the moment.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bal-after-23-years-pearl-jam-finally-comes-to-baltimore-20131028,0,7370922.story

So he got let onstage because he was in a yellow shirt? :?

Tue October 29, 2013 12:35 am

fishbob wrote:So he got let onstage because he was in a yellow shirt? :?

How many thousands of fat, middle-aged dudes will be wearing yellow shirts at the next show?

Tue October 29, 2013 12:36 am

Lament wrote:

How many thousands of fat, middle-aged dudes will be wearing yellow shirts at the next show?

Redefining the term "Yellow Moon"

Tue October 29, 2013 12:39 am

stip wrote:I am thinking of cancelling classes tomorrow until we know for sure Jeff is still in the band

I will find Jeff in charlottesville tomorrow and get the scoop

Tue October 29, 2013 12:39 am

Lament wrote:

I wonder if i have a yellow shirt

Tue October 29, 2013 12:41 am

There's been a dude with a VERY bright yellow shirt with a lightning bolt on it at most of the shows this tour. It was only a matter of time before he got acknowledged.

Tue October 29, 2013 12:42 am

Okay so what Jeff not in the band anymore. I really think it would be weird if they replaced him in fact it would be better if they just went along without him. They could put a stand up bass in his corner with a flame paint job. What would the set list look like with no bass player.
Last edited by Tj on Tue October 29, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post a reply