The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jeff "Storms Off Stage" in Baltimore
PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:10 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Yeah I don't think they'd split. But if that happened, I'd want Matt to leave as well so they could get a different, more committed drummer.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:11 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
I could genuinely see Stone walking away.

I don't know, PJ seems like a pretty good deal for everyone involved. You're involved in a profitable and (hopefully) creatively fulfilling band, and you have an opportunity to pretty much do whatever you want on the side. If they feel an urge to follow a certain creative muse that doesn't fit PJ, they're not limited by band fragility or finances.

Last edited by digster on Mon October 28, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:12 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

harmless wrote:
Yeah I don't think they'd split. But if that happened, I'd want Matt to leave as well so they could get a different, more committed drummer.

What if Stone left and was replaced by BO'B?

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:15 pm 
The Master

Maybe Jeff just had a 'nam flashback to his mugging?

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:16 pm 

theplatypus wrote:
harmless wrote:

What if Stone left and was replaced by BO'B?

Haha. I'd probably be significantly less interested in the band, although who knows?

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:17 pm 
Commissioner

He remembered he was in Kevin Durant's hometown and it all just became too much.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:17 pm 

Strat wrote:
Maybe Jeff just had a 'nam flashback to his mugging?

Sounds painful.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:22 pm 
A Return To Form

I see it breaking down this way (if it breaks down):

Band 1: (we'll call them "Surfsplosion") Ed, Mike, Jack Irons, Boom, new rhythm section. They will instantly put out an album of "classic" sounding songs that sounds like a mix between '94 - '96-era Pearl Jam and Into The Wild (with Backspacer/Lightning Bolt-esque lyrics), which will sell well but they will play very few shows (but half of them in the Pacific Rim and South America/Latin America).

Band 2: (we'll call them "Jam No More") Stone, Jeff, Mike, MC/Dave A, BOB, some douchey singer, after a year and a half will put out a quirky album akin to Jeff and Stone's PJ-era solo works that will sell 50,000, but they will play every 400 - 1,000 seater in the US/Europe and open up for the new Stone Temple Pilots.

Yes, Mike will play in both bands.

Then wait for the "triumphant reunion tour" to start in 2021 beginning at the Gorge for PJ30.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:28 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

twoheadedboy wrote:
Yes, Mike will play in both bands.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:34 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

melonhead4 wrote:
Maybe Jeff just had to take a sh1t....he coulda ate some bad crabs done in Baltimore....

Please reserve poop jokes for Mike. Jeff poop jokes are strictly prohibited.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

digster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I don't know, PJ seems like a pretty good deal for everyone involved. You're involved in a profitable and (hopefully) creatively fulfilling band, and you have an opportunity to pretty much do whatever you want on the side. If they feel an urge to follow a certain creative muse that doesn't fit PJ, they're not limited by band fragility or finances.

Of course. I think it's totally reasonable to assume that the rest would stay if Jeff left. I wouldn't be surprised. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see Stone walk away with Jeff. I'm not saying I'd bet on it, but if anyone was going to walk w/ Jeff, Stone would be my guess.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:43 pm 
AnalLog

Lament wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that if Jeff really did quit (and I have no idea what happened in Baltimore and assume it was probably nothing), as long as no one else followed him Ed would convince them all to carry on? I know we all like to romantically believe that they'd never carry on without anyone else, but the Pearl Jam brand is worth so much money. They wouldn't let it die.

1st of 88% of the people wouldn't notice anyone left, 2nd Ed would be the last to be doing any convincing in a situation like this because he has basically the least to lose. I was surprised to find out that ITW outsold Backspacer in Italy. ITW was certified platinum earlier this year there so i guess he got a lot in royalties from it worldwide. As for the 1st part of my point, someone posted here that a lot of the fans don't even know who Stone is. Even if we assume this is an exaggeration it gives you an idea about how little the public would care if someone in the band was replaced.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:44 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Anyone could leave except Ed and it would still be Pearl Jam to me. Maybe if 3 people left, I'd start to reconsider.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:47 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
digster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Of course. I think it's totally reasonable to assume that the rest would stay if Jeff left. I wouldn't be surprised. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see Stone walk away with Jeff. I'm not saying I'd bet on it, but if anyone was going to walk w/ Jeff, Stone would be my guess.

I'd say it depends on why Jeff would leave. If Stone didn't leave around 1994-1996 i doubt he'll leave now. Besides he gives me the impression of a very pragmatic person so i can't realistically imagine a reason for him to leave the band. He seems to be very comfortable in PJ.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:47 pm 
Rank This Poster

It doesn't really matter if the public knows who the other people are. No one knew who Bill Berry was and that obviously had a profound impact on R.E.M.'s output, positive or negative.

But PJ is a great deal and not a big time commitment. I could see them calling it a day, but I'd imagine it'd be a group decision as opposed to an individual jumping ship.

Last edited by digster on Mon October 28, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:53 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

I don't think anyone, save Matt, would leave the band this late in the game. It's like a well-paying part-time job at this point: even if they didn't like one another, and I don't think that's true, it's not as though they're stuck in a tour bus together for two years at a time.

Maybe Jeff was just in a bad mood yesterday? It happens.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:55 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

GOOD HOPEFULLY THIS GARBAGE BAND IS OVER.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:55 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

SatanicDmitrispearljam wrote:

Hail Satan!

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 10:56 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

SatanicDmitrispearljam wrote:

I love this guy.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 11:03 pm 
Broken Tamborine

This is the best thread for years.

:facepalm:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam