10%
2: Stars: I expect more
3%
1 Star: Embarrassing
No votes

Total votes : 163

Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread

Wed May 17, 2017 2:10 am

littlecomment wrote:https://www.relix.com/blogs/detail/happy_17th_birthday_to_pearl_jams_most_underrated_record
:nice: :thumbsup:

Wed May 17, 2017 3:17 am

Leatherhead wrote:
:nice: :thumbsup:

Wed May 17, 2017 4:17 am

chewm wrote:

Wed May 17, 2017 6:34 am

If we could have a new album as good as Binaural, that would cement the legacy of the band. Unfortuately, it won't happen.

Wed May 17, 2017 6:43 am

I have faith that they could. They were hanging out with Rush and they finished their studio run very strongly. Hopefully, they got some pointers. I'm holding out hope for something that blows me away studio wise once more. It's been a LONG time... :?

Wed May 17, 2017 6:49 am

TremorJam wrote:I have faith that they could. They were hanging out with Rush and they finished their studio run very strongly. Hopefully, they got some pointers. I'm holding out hope for something that blows me away studio wise once more. It's been a LONG time... :?

Nice to find a believer. I sincerely hope you are right.

Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Insignificance
Grievance
Nothing As it Seems
Sleight of Hand
Light Years
Of the Girl
Parting Ways
Breakerfall
Rival
Thin Air
Gods Dice
Evacuation
Soon Forget

Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Anders wrote:If we could have a new album as good as Binaural, that would cement the legacy of the band. Unfortuately, it won't happen.

an album like binaural might make some fans very happy, but would mean next to nothing for legacy purposes

Wed May 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Not an album like Binaural. An album as good as Binaural. Something that would set them apart, that would be a milestone in their career. I hope it doesn't end on Backspacer and Lightning Bolt.
Last edited by Anders on Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 pm

They, they should fight to get it back again.

Thu May 18, 2017 1:40 am

Anders wrote:Not an album like Binaural. An album as good as Binaural. Something that would set them apart, that would be a milestone in their career. I hope it dorsn't end on Backspacer and Lightning Bolt.

My point is that, in terms of larger legacy, Binaural did none of those things. An album that set them apart or was a career milestone would be great, but that's not what Binaural is in the band's larger public story

Thu May 18, 2017 1:55 am

stip wrote:
Anders wrote:Not an album like Binaural. An album as good as Binaural. Something that would set them apart, that would be a milestone in their career. I hope it dorsn't end on Backspacer and Lightning Bolt.

My point is that, in terms of larger legacy, Binaural did none of those things. An album that set them apart or was a career milestone would be great, but that's not what Binaural is in the band's larger public story

The band's "larger public story" ended with Vitalogy. Fuck the public. The band needs to make a creative record, something nuanced, something with a distinct direction. No more "writing songs for albums that will be fun to play live". Fuck that shit. Write something challenging. Push your comfort zones aside and find a new creative spark. Another album of retread schlock rock would effectively bore me into PJ death.

Thu May 18, 2017 1:59 am

I just want a record that RM won't spend the next 5 years whining about

Thu May 18, 2017 3:50 am

I want a return to form. :lol: Something adventurous is what I'm hoping for. I think they hit up on some good material with parts of LB. I just hope they actually spend time in the studio and find a good spot in the music where Ed can really shine. A little more acoustic, but in the V/B/RA range. A Harvest Moon/Automatic For The People style record would really be exciting.

Thu May 18, 2017 4:10 am

TremorJam wrote:I want a return to form. :lol: Something adventurous is what I'm hoping for. I think they hit up on some good material with parts of LB. I just hope they actually spend time in the studio and find a good spot in the music where Ed can really shine. A little more acoustic, but in the V/B/RA range. A Harvest Moon/Automatic For The People style record would really be exciting.

Cold Confession

Thu May 18, 2017 4:19 am

PHATJ wrote:
TremorJam wrote:I want a return to form. :lol: Something adventurous is what I'm hoping for. I think they hit up on some good material with parts of LB. I just hope they actually spend time in the studio and find a good spot in the music where Ed can really shine. A little more acoustic, but in the V/B/RA range. A Harvest Moon/Automatic For The People style record would really be exciting.

Cold Confession

Yes, exactly.. That's the sweet spot. :P

Thu May 18, 2017 4:26 am

TremorJam wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Cold Confession

Agreed. If they can write that album I'd be shocked, but I'd be completely in love with it.

Thu May 18, 2017 4:29 am

PHATJ wrote:
TremorJam wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Cold Confession

Agreed. If they can write that album I'd be shocked, but I'd be completely in love with it.

Actually I'm sure the could write that album. I just don't believe they're interested in doing so. And that's sad. There is greatness available to them, but they seem content with mediocrity (albums) and nostalgia (shows).

Thu May 18, 2017 5:17 am

I just want good songs.
I'd appreciate an adventurous road but I'm not a fan of their attempts at being moody in Lightning Bolt. Same with the acoustic stuff.
That's where Ed's voice tends to sound the worst too.

Thu May 18, 2017 5:42 am

PHATJ wrote:
stip wrote:

The band's "larger public story" ended with Vitalogy. Fuck the public. The band needs to make a creative record, something nuanced, something with a distinct direction. No more "writing songs for albums that will be fun to play live". Fuck that shit. Write something challenging. Push your comfort zones aside and find a new creative spark. Another album of retread schlock rock would effectively bore me into PJ death.

Nicely written!

It's not about the public or hitting the teen charts. There is no reason why the band shouldn't be making great albums these days. Surely they are better musicians than in the early 90s.
Post a reply