The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

Rate Binaural
5 Stars: A top tier album 49%  49%  [ 63 ]
4 Stars: A very good album 37%  37%  [ 47 ]
3 Stars: Average 11%  11%  [ 14 ]
2: Stars: I expect more 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
1 Star: Embarrassing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 128
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46190
Location: Sector 7-G
Reckoning relies heavily on binaural recording.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 1960
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
I love the feel and atmosphere of Binaural. Can anybody recommend any other albums that have a similar feel to them?

Like, non PJ?


Yea.

REM's Reckoning


I've never gotten into much REM but have always thought that I should. I'll check this out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 1960
LetMeSleep wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
I love the feel and atmosphere of Binaural. Can anybody recommend any other albums that have a similar feel to them?

Like, non PJ?

I think Bob Dylan's Time Out Of Mind has a similar feel. A warm, evening feel of humidity. I know TooM was all recorded at night to specifically get that feeling and songs like NAIS and Of The Girl certainly match it.


I'll check this out, but Bob Dylan has never really rocked enough for me. While Binaural has the moody slow songs, it definitely still rocks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 12:53 am 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26724
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
Warmth and humidity are words I would not use to describe Binaural at all.

_________________
Anders wrote:
Doesn’t matter what gender you are when it comes to matters of the heart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 1960
theplatypus wrote:
Warmth and humidity are words I would not use to describe Binaural at all.


Yea, not really.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11783
Birds in Hell wrote:
Parting Ways is a total snooze, one of my least favourite songs the band had released at that point. Education makes for a much better closer.


:throwup:

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 1:47 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 16956
Leatherhead wrote:
I love the feel and atmosphere of Binaural. Can anybody recommend any other albums that have a similar feel to them?

Have you explored Tchad Blake's discography at all? His fingerprints are all over Binaural. The leap your ear holes will have to take from Binaural to Los Lobos's Colossal Head is not too big (and sidenote: Kiko is also Blake, and is more popular, but I feel but Colossal Head is closer in musicality); and Soul Coughing's El Oso is also very similar (if you can get into the singer, which I can't, but PhatJ can).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7145
Location: Not NYC
Hell yes I can. Mike Doughty is great, although admittedly his voice isn't for everyone.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 1960
tragabigzanda wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
I love the feel and atmosphere of Binaural. Can anybody recommend any other albums that have a similar feel to them?

Have you explored Tchad Blake's discography at all? His fingerprints are all over Binaural. The leap your ear holes will have to take from Binaural to Los Lobos's Colossal Head is not too big (and sidenote: Kiko is also Blake, and is more popular, but I feel but Colossal Head is closer in musicality); and Soul Coughing's El Oso is also very similar (if you can get into the singer, which I can't, but PhatJ can).


One song in to Colossal Head. Really liked it. Here goes #2, sounds great already. I've never listened to this band.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 9:52 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 16956
Leatherhead wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
I love the feel and atmosphere of Binaural. Can anybody recommend any other albums that have a similar feel to them?

Have you explored Tchad Blake's discography at all? His fingerprints are all over Binaural. The leap your ear holes will have to take from Binaural to Los Lobos's Colossal Head is not too big (and sidenote: Kiko is also Blake, and is more popular, but I feel but Colossal Head is closer in musicality); and Soul Coughing's El Oso is also very similar (if you can get into the singer, which I can't, but PhatJ can).


One song in to Colossal Head. Really liked it. Here goes #2, sounds great already. I've never listened to this band.

Yeah, that first song on Colossal Head is great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sat October 14, 2017 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 1960
tragabigzanda wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
I love the feel and atmosphere of Binaural. Can anybody recommend any other albums that have a similar feel to them?

Have you explored Tchad Blake's discography at all? His fingerprints are all over Binaural. The leap your ear holes will have to take from Binaural to Los Lobos's Colossal Head is not too big (and sidenote: Kiko is also Blake, and is more popular, but I feel but Colossal Head is closer in musicality); and Soul Coughing's El Oso is also very similar (if you can get into the singer, which I can't, but PhatJ can).


One song in to Colossal Head. Really liked it. Here goes #2, sounds great already. I've never listened to this band.

Yeah, that first song on Colossal Head is great.


Stopped after song #3 though, nothing but Spanish is kinda hard for me to get into.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: Oslo, Norway
I wish they had done more of it. Binaural always sounded amazing to me.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 24, 2017 5:55 am