Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Random Pearl Jam References

Sat September 15, 2018 1:07 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
guestT wrote::shock: That was great. Anyone out there have the skills to rip that to MP3?

FLAC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6xmj1gn999zh ... .flac?dl=0

Nice, thanks!

Sat September 15, 2018 1:30 pm

I saw Gov’t Mule play this in April and was surprised to learn it was their live debut of the song because it was spot on. I find them to be a particularly enjoyable jam band because they tend to be more blues based and don’t just mildly noodle for 15 mins at a time. They pretty much rock out most of the show. Not to mention that April show was a solid 3.5 hour set that did not seem to let up.

Sat September 15, 2018 1:34 pm

liebzz wrote:I saw Gov’t Mule play this in April and was surprised to learn it was their live debut of the song because it was spot on. I find them to be a particularly enjoyable jam band because they tend to be more blues based and don’t just mildly noodle for 15 mins at a time. They pretty much rock out most of the show. Not to mention that April show was a solid 3.5 hour set that did not seem to let up.

Did they start on time?

Sat September 15, 2018 1:34 pm

lame joke my evenbro

Spoiler: show
:lol:

Sat September 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
liebzz wrote:I saw Gov’t Mule play this in April and was surprised to learn it was their live debut of the song because it was spot on. I find them to be a particularly enjoyable jam band because they tend to be more blues based and don’t just mildly noodle for 15 mins at a time. They pretty much rock out most of the show. Not to mention that April show was a solid 3.5 hour set that did not seem to let up.

Did they start on time?

You’re goddamn right they did. Warren Haynes doesn’t fuck around.

Sat September 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Strat wrote:This is fantastic.

You’re not allowed to like it. They’re a jam band.

Sat September 15, 2018 4:51 pm

guestT wrote::shock: That was great. Anyone out there have the skills to rip that to MP3?

Might be thinking of the wrong jam band but don't they also do a cover of Fell on Black Days?

They did a whole set of “Seattle” songs about 10 years ago. Awesome stuff.

Sat September 15, 2018 4:52 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
guestT wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
guestT wrote:
Might be thinking of the wrong jam band

they're pretty much all the same

I always mix up Govt Mule with Widespread Panic. Same thing with Husker Du and the Minutemen.

I understand the WP and GM mixup, both shitty jam bands.

You take that back!!

Sat September 15, 2018 5:08 pm

It just dawned on me that if "Come Back" is really about Johnny Ramone then it is a very very gay song

Sat September 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Blitzkrieg Fop

Sat September 15, 2018 7:48 pm

I Wanna Be Fellated

Sat September 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Beat Off the Brat

Sat September 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Chinese Cock

Sat September 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Middle-age Sodomy

Mon September 17, 2018 12:21 am

wease wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Did they start on time?

You’re goddamn right they did. Warren Haynes doesn’t fuck around.

Yes. Started at 8:15 I think and we’re still on stage and rolling along when we had to leave at 11:15. I checked the set list the next day and they were not nearly done.

Mon September 17, 2018 3:45 am

One of the local rock radio stations is running their rock 1500 (top 1500 rock songs voted by those who could be bothered to vote) - the lowest ranking PJ songs on there are Spin The Black Circle and Immortality

Tue September 18, 2018 12:44 pm

The screenshot at 1:48 is not only a Pearl Jam reference but also absolutely perfect considering the content of the video

Tue September 18, 2018 8:17 pm

theplatypus wrote:

The screenshot at 1:48 is not only a Pearl Jam reference but also absolutely perfect considering the content of the video

Interesting, but they were a good few years off when my musical tastes peaked

Mon September 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Mon September 24, 2018 9:38 pm

I think a more humorous headshot for that would have been something from the Vs. era for some reason.
Post a reply