Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Random Pearl Jam References

Mon August 27, 2018 4:29 am

Was just picking up a pizza, while waiting at the counter for the dude to go get it, there was a kid in the back (probably 17-18 yrs old) sliding a pizza into the oven, and be just randomly belted out, way out of tune, “CANT FIND A BETTERRRRMAAAAAAAAAANNNNN”. Made me chuckle

Mon August 27, 2018 5:52 am

bodysnatcher wrote:Mike guest-DJ'd on the radio yesterday during his interview. His playlist was:

Rolling Stones "Sway"
The Clash "Lost in the Supermarket"
Bob Dylan "Positively 4th Street"
Courtney Barnett "City Looks Pretty"
Sleater-Kinney "No Anthems"
The Hula Bees "Some Friends"
TKO "Gutter Boy"
Overlord "Blame It On The Kids"
Shadow "Tonight The Lights Go Out"
Brandi Carlile "Whatever You Do"
Sex Pistols "Holidays in the Sun"
Pearl Jam "Daughter" (listener request. who makes that request?? sounded like some bullshit request that someone in The Pit would make about some personal situation.)

Also, Mike is a terrible interview on the radio. Either that, or he just drank 17 Jolt sodas before going on-air.

This had to be on KEXP?

Mon August 27, 2018 5:53 am

bodysnatcher wrote:Was just picking up a pizza, while waiting at the counter for the dude to go get it, there was a kid in the back (probably 17-18 yrs old) sliding a pizza into the oven, and be just randomly belted out, way out of tune, “CANT FIND A BETTERRRRMAAAAAAAAAANNNNN”. Made me chuckle

That's funny

Mon August 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Today's the 27th anniversary of Ten's release and the 22nd for No Code.

Mon August 27, 2018 8:22 pm

for fuck's sake

Mon August 27, 2018 8:41 pm

God im so fucking old.

Mon August 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Biff Pocoroba wrote:Today's the 27th anniversary of Ten's release and the 22nd for No Code.

fuuuuck.

I still remember when No Code came out.

Mon August 27, 2018 10:01 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:Today's the 27th anniversary of Ten's release and the 22nd for No Code.

fuuuuck.

I still remember when No Code came out.

You're old.

Fri August 31, 2018 5:31 am

Whelp this post comes with a big warning.
Saddest fucking story I've read in a very long time.

It doesn't matter where you rank Just Breathe, this is a gut punch of the fucking definition of poignant. I've got just the descriptive adjective to add to poignant but it's better you just read the article.
I'm livid after reading this, and if I weren't also blitzed there'd be no way I could type this up.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/30/magazine/hurricane-harvey-houston-floods-texas-emergency.html

NY Times Lost in the Storm AUG. 30, 2018 wrote:Houston thought it was prepared for a major hurricane like Harvey. But as the flooding overwhelmed the city’s emergency systems, families like the Daileys found out too late that they were on their own.

“Someone’s coming to help us, O.K.? I love you.” She groaned softly and turned her head away from him. “Just keep breathing, O.K.?” he said. Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe” was their special song.

The Houston call-taker rerouted Wayne to the Harris County Emergency Corps. This was now the fourth time Wayne had spoken to this center, and he could not have been clearer with the call-taker on the line when she asked him what he was reporting. “My wife is in urgent need of medical, medical attention,” he said, “she’s almost unresponsive.”

At last, the call-taker classified the problem as a “31,” an unconscious party, rather than as someone in need of water rescue. “We’re getting medical to you as soon as they can get there,” she said.

After 21 hours, Wayne’s call had moved out of the queue for the local fire service, which was responsible for water rescues, and was now in the hands of the independent local medical-response agency, South Lake Houston E.M.S., which was in charge of medical emergencies.

“Just hang in there, sweetheart. Just breathe. Just breathe,” he said. “Help is on the way. The ambulance is coming.”

you'll have to read this one
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/30/magazine/hurricane-harvey-houston-floods-texas-emergency.html

Fri September 14, 2018 5:32 pm

This is fantastic.

Fri September 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Strat wrote:This is fantastic.

I dug it. Great find.

Fri September 14, 2018 9:07 pm

:shock: That was great. Anyone out there have the skills to rip that to MP3?

Might be thinking of the wrong jam band but don't they also do a cover of Fell on Black Days?

Fri September 14, 2018 9:08 pm

guestT wrote:
Might be thinking of the wrong jam band

they're pretty much all the same

Fri September 14, 2018 9:14 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
guestT wrote:

A band that jams.

Fri September 14, 2018 9:14 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
guestT wrote:

I always mix up Govt Mule with Widespread Panic. Same thing with Husker Du and the Minutemen.

Fri September 14, 2018 9:16 pm

guestT wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
guestT wrote:

I always mix up Govt Mule with Widespread Panic. Same thing with Husker Du and the Minutemen.

:-(

Fri September 14, 2018 10:05 pm

guestT wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
guestT wrote:

I understand the WP and GM mixup, both shitty jam bands.

Fri September 14, 2018 10:30 pm

guestT wrote::shock: That was great. Anyone out there have the skills to rip that to MP3?

FLAC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6xmj1gn999zh ... .flac?dl=0

Fri September 14, 2018 11:21 pm

guestT: " anybody got a slice of pizza for me?"

chud: "here's your own Domino's franchise,"

Fri September 14, 2018 11:42 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
guestT wrote::shock: That was great. Anyone out there have the skills to rip that to MP3?

FLAC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6xmj1gn999zh6v/gov%20mule%20come%20back%20youtube%20rip.flac?dl=0

You are taking this whole 'stay on brand' thing seriously. :thumbsup:
Post a reply