Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Random Pearl Jam References

Sat December 23, 2017 8:29 pm

bune wrote:Apparently it's Ed's birthday? It came up on my Google Cards on the phone.

23 ain’t just Michael Jordan’s number, pal.

Thu December 28, 2017 3:07 am

“I think music has gotten very girly. And there are some good things about that, but hip-hop is the only place for young male anger at the moment – and that's not good. When I was 16, I had a lot of anger in me. You need to find a place for it and for guitars, whether it is with a drum machine – I don't care. The moment something becomes preserved, it is fucking over. You might as well put it in formaldehyde. In the end, what is rock & roll? Rage is at the heart of it. Some great rock & roll tends to have that, which is why the Who were such a great band. Or Pearl Jam. Eddie has that rage.”

Bono. lol

Thu December 28, 2017 3:10 am

I just love how that whole quote starts off really stupid, then compounds.

Thu December 28, 2017 3:44 am

Ed’s rage is Gone.

Thu December 28, 2017 5:02 pm

theplatypus wrote:“I think music has gotten very girly. And there are some good things about that, but hip-hop is the only place for young male anger at the moment – and that's not good. When I was 16, I had a lot of anger in me. You need to find a place for it and for guitars, whether it is with a drum machine – I don't care. The moment something becomes preserved, it is fucking over. You might as well put it in formaldehyde. In the end, what is rock & roll? Rage is at the heart of it. Some great rock & roll tends to have that, which is why the Who were such a great band. Or Pearl Jam. Eddie has that rage.”

Bono. lol

Grandpa speak

And calling something girly, then saying only young males have anger that needs a place to go? How nice.

Thu December 28, 2017 7:52 pm

at first I thought that was another Jorge-quote, like that Tom Waits quote about "Yield"

Sat December 30, 2017 10:47 pm

UJAM FOREVER

Sat December 30, 2017 10:51 pm

PLEASE PLAY "RITFW (2006)" IN BRAZIL!!Image

Sat December 30, 2017 10:53 pm

BONO/VEDDER 2020!!

Sat December 30, 2017 10:54 pm

OR WE'LL SETTLE FOR THIS CLOSE ENOUGH!!

Sat December 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Image Image

Sat December 30, 2017 11:00 pm

^^ TRUE DETECTIVE SEASON 3!! ^^

Tue January 02, 2018 3:38 am

The Huskies’ new basketball coach (long-time former Syracuse assistant), Mike Hopkins, is a big PJ fan. They spent several minutes talking about it during a recent game. His favorite song is Release.

3 guesses on the announcer’s favorite song...

The announcer also said “Well I’m sure he will get to meet them (the band)” and I’m thinking to myself there is like zero connection between UW hoops and PJ, so, um, yeah.

Tue January 02, 2018 7:22 am

Bammer wrote:The Huskies’ new basketball coach (long-time former Syracuse assistant), Mike Hopkins, is a big PJ fan. They spent several minutes talking about it during a recent game. His favorite song is Release.

The announcer also said “Well I’m sure he will get to meet them (the band)” and I’m thinking to myself there is like zero connection between UW hoops and PJ, so, um, yeah.

Last Kiss
Sirens
Just Breathe

Wed January 03, 2018 5:05 am

‘Twas .... Alive

Wed January 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Bammer wrote:The Huskies’ new basketball coach (long-time former Syracuse assistant), Mike Hopkins, is a big PJ fan. They spent several minutes talking about it during a recent game. His favorite song is Release.

Don't they play in Seattle? I'm pretty sure there's a way to make it happen.

Wed January 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Jeff confirmed Mike has shit his pants on stage.

Wed January 03, 2018 8:34 pm

I Got Shit

Wed January 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Crapshoot Rapture

Wed January 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Cready Plop
Post a reply