Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Random Pearl Jam References

Wed September 27, 2017 3:12 am

I use #slack for work and every time it gives me a notification it says "hummus".

Wed September 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Looks like this band might actually do some shows next year (albeit in South America). :thumbsup:

Thu September 28, 2017 11:45 am

evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:can we ban demetrios from pearl jam land?

Sometimes i venture to pearl jam forum and its 100 stickies and 100 demetrios threads repeating every social media news story on pearl jam.

unfortunately he's a made man in the Jamily.

It's frustrating. I used to stop by for a sticky beak occasionally as I used to go there a bit in the late nineties, but can take no more. People will say they do amazing things for the 'jamily' but I see this persons contribution along with another two as plain weird. The instant and all knowing nature of this set completely stifles any interaction, and the fact they're humoured by the muppets at the ten club says it all. It's elitist. Pearl Jam are elitist and the regular posters on that board are no closer to being in Pearl Jam as Dave A is. And that's a pretty fucking long way off.

Thu September 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Pearl Jam fans are the worst.

Thu September 28, 2017 4:34 pm

What's wrong with The Muppets?

Thu September 28, 2017 5:39 pm

i'd take Animal as a drummer for PJ any day

Fri October 20, 2017 8:20 pm

I'm down in Portland, and earlier this morning I went by one of my all-time favorite record stores. When I went to checkout, the shop owner struck up a conversation with me bc I was buying a Dead Moon record. He started chatting about them bc his shop/label is putting out a new Dead Moon record set. He was telling me that earlier this month, the band was honored at City Hall with their very own "Dead Moon Night" (the city has done this with several bands from the city). All cool, figured he was done talking. But he just kept going. He had no idea I was a PJ fan, or if I even cared about them, but he mentioned that EV was there and played with the band that night. He then started telling me about how Pearl Jam has been helping financially support the band through the years by playing their songs live in concert, and Dead Moon gets a pretty hefty royalty check every year (sales from live boots, live royalties, etc). And that the checks are a large part of their income and helps them live as working musicians.

Just thought it was kind of cool, and one of those things that you never really hear or think about.

Fri October 20, 2017 8:29 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:I'm down in Portland, and earlier this morning I went by one of my all-time favorite record stores. When I went to checkout, the shop owner struck up a conversation with me bc I was buying a Dead Moon record. He started chatting about them bc his shop/label is putting out a new Dead Moon record set. He was telling me that earlier this month, the band was honored at City Hall with their very own "Dead Moon Night" (the city has done this with several bands from the city). All cool, figured he was done talking. But he just kept going. He had no idea I was a PJ fan, or if I even cared about them, but he mentioned that EV was there and played with the band that night. He then started telling me about how Pearl Jam has been helping financially support the band through the years by playing their songs live in concert, and Dead Moon gets a pretty hefty royalty check every year (sales from live boots, live royalties, etc). And that the checks are a large part of their income and helps them live as working musicians.

Just thought it was kind of cool, and one of those things that you never really hear or think about.

But i thought PJ were corporate dick suckers now and only cared about money

Fri October 20, 2017 8:30 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri October 20, 2017 8:33 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm bored.

Fri October 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm bored.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Fri October 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:I'm down in Portland, and earlier this morning I went by one of my all-time favorite record stores. When I went to checkout, the shop owner struck up a conversation with me bc I was buying a Dead Moon record. He started chatting about them bc his shop/label is putting out a new Dead Moon record set. He was telling me that earlier this month, the band was honored at City Hall with their very own "Dead Moon Night" (the city has done this with several bands from the city). All cool, figured he was done talking. But he just kept going. He had no idea I was a PJ fan, or if I even cared about them, but he mentioned that EV was there and played with the band that night. He then started telling me about how Pearl Jam has been helping financially support the band through the years by playing their songs live in concert, and Dead Moon gets a pretty hefty royalty check every year (sales from live boots, live royalties, etc). And that the checks are a large part of their income and helps them live as working musicians.

But i thought PJ were corporate dick suckers now and only cared about money

Yeah, they suck. Haven't you heard?!

Sat October 21, 2017 11:03 am

That's nice, but I still hate the It's OK tag. Seeing them play it at the end of Daughter in 2014 was pretty much the low point of my Pearl Jam concert experiences, especially as it was only played to placate some gormless fans holding a sign for it in the front row.

Sat October 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:gormless

Welp, I have a new word now

Sat October 21, 2017 6:16 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:gormless

Welp, I have a new word now

yea that is quite wonderful. Thanks spenno!

And yea, the its okay tag should stop at this point.

Sun October 22, 2017 1:43 am

Yeah it had its moment

Sun October 22, 2017 2:49 am

Thanks a lot Pearl Jam for never tagging Ider Down.

Fuck you guys.

Tue October 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Even Flow is on the soundtrack to that movie "Only the Brave."

Tue October 24, 2017 5:34 pm

this is nice

Tue October 24, 2017 5:49 pm

evenslow wrote:

this is nice

What was the record store? Jackpot? EDM?
Post a reply