Post a reply

Random Pearl Jam References

Fri December 28, 2012 5:46 pm

old thread archived here

Re: Random Pearl Jam References

Wed January 02, 2013 12:45 am

Wed January 02, 2013 2:00 am

Bill Maher and Sean Penn were hanging out with Jeffrey Lebowski!?

Wed January 02, 2013 1:19 pm

B wrote:Image

I guess they have gone beyond patting themselves on the back.

Thu January 03, 2013 12:46 am

Pearl Jam Under Review is up on Crackle. Any good?

Thu January 03, 2013 1:16 am

Was "Even Flow" inspired by that homeless dude in the middle?

Thu January 03, 2013 1:19 am

What a dreadful party that must have been.

Thu January 03, 2013 2:00 am

I was happy to see that celebrity party pictures can be just as lame as mine.

Thu January 03, 2013 2:05 am

B wrote:Image

Same party? Man, Ed's pretty lame now.

Thu January 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey, I write for ManArchy Magazine and my latest article is called 'It Gets Vedder'. It's a humorous article about how Pearl Jam is my favorite band and how that has gotten me made fun of by music snobs for my entire life. The article has gotten pretty popular, at least for the stuff I write online, a lot of other Pearl Jam folks seem to enjoy it and how it's a call to arms for them to come out of the Pearl Jam fan closet and be proud of what we all know is an awesome band. I figured Sky I Scrape and Red Mosquito forum would be a good place to share it. Thanks.

http://manarchymag.com/2012/11/it-gets-vedder/author-tonymcmillen

Thu January 03, 2013 4:27 pm

TonyMcMillen wrote:Hey, I write for ManArchy Magazine and my latest article is called 'It Gets Vedder'. It's a humorous article about how Pearl Jam is my favorite band and how that has gotten me made fun of by music snobs for my entire life. The article has gotten pretty popular, at least for the stuff I write online, a lot of other Pearl Jam folks seem to enjoy it and how it's a call to arms for them to come out of the Pearl Jam fan closet and be proud of what we all know is an awesome band. I figured Sky I Scrape and Red Mosquito forum would be a good place to share it. Thanks.

Good stuff there. Welcome to the board. Hope you'll stick around.

Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 pm

TonyMcMillen wrote:Hey, I write for ManArchy Magazine and my latest article is called 'It Gets Vedder'. It's a humorous article about how Pearl Jam is my favorite band and how that has gotten me made fun of by music snobs for my entire life. The article has gotten pretty popular, at least for the stuff I write online, a lot of other Pearl Jam folks seem to enjoy it and how it's a call to arms for them to come out of the Pearl Jam fan closet and be proud of what we all know is an awesome band. I figured Sky I Scrape and Red Mosquito forum would be a good place to share it. Thanks.

welcome to the board :)

Thu January 03, 2013 4:59 pm

that was a nice read. I sometimes get that look when I tell students that PJ is my favorite band. But I have someone this semester who says Hootie and The Blowfish are her favorite, so at least i can feel superior to her.

Thu January 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Well, so on 31 December every year the biggest alternative radio station here lets it listeners vote for a top-100 of songs.

1. Teen Spirit
2. Stairway
3. One (Metallica)
4. Alive
5. Black

Was the first time ever Pearl Jam (or any band) had two songs in the top-5. Alive has always been top-10 material in that list and was 4th last year as well, but Black has been on an incredible rise the last 5 years and has now taken another step up coming up from 6th. Jeremy is also somewhere at around 80.

Thu January 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Awesome, thanks Stip and Monkey Driven. I've been reading this board for years but never signed up. I'm glad I have now.

Thu January 03, 2013 7:31 pm

aw man they are playing Golden State with Natalie Maines from the recent download.... on the radio. heart this performance.

Thu January 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Strat wrote:aw man they are playing Golden State with Natalie Maines from the recent download.... on the radio. heart this performance.

Need this...

Fri January 04, 2013 12:40 am

New guitars for Mike and Jeff.

Mr. McCready.

Jeff's 30inch 8 string baritone

Fri January 04, 2013 12:44 am

Woah, fucking neato.

Fri January 04, 2013 12:51 am

dafuq?