The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Pearl Jam References
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2024 9:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

“ Vedder’s New York chief executive Michael Hund, who is paid more than $530,000 a year”

Wtf?

PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2024 9:21 pm 
Production Police

It’s like how can you connect with that level of kerning

PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2024 9:21 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
“ Vedder’s New York chief executive Michael Hund, who is paid more than $530,000 a year”

Wtf?

It's not a very good newspaper, I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2024 9:22 pm 
Production Police

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Wtf?

Denounce the demagogues!

PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2024 9:26 pm 

tragabigzanda wrote:
It’s like how can you connect with that level of kerning

this might be the best post you’ve ever made.

PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2024 9:33 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Birds in Hell wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Wtf?

No I’m talking about the dude’s salary. Is that the manager for the charity? That’s quite a salary!

PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2024 9:38 pm 
The worst

tragabigzanda wrote:
And the formatting of that article I mean my god

well done :)

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 9:43 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

There's a radio interview on this page that discusses the situation too. It's from 3AW and is with the founder of the Aus charity.

https://www.3aw.com.au/melbourne-family-caught-up-in-messy-legal-battle-with-pearl-jam-frontman-eddie-vedder/

Doesn't add a lot to the story but the response when the DJ comments that he thought if Eddie was aware of the situation that he would sort it all out was interesting.

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 10:06 am 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Wtf?

No I’m talking about the dude’s salary. Is that the manager for the charity? That’s quite a salary!

I thought you meant the sensationalist writing - but yes, that seems like a lot (which I'm sure was the intended point).

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 6:57 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I wonder if there are any news about the poster stuff. The guy who wrote the article said he tried to contact Pearl Jam management but I haven't heard anything since. Maybe they paid him silent (or gave him 10 posters he could sell himself).

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 4:59 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

I mean, it’s not Vedder, it’s Vedder’s charity organization. While that might sound like splitting hairs, and no it doesn’t look good, this sounds essentially like lawyers butting heads due to an unreported dispute. Sounds like there’s some sort of behind the scenes tit-for-tat happening that the article does not discuss.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 5:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

haha, tit

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 5:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Birds in Hell wrote:
Vedder makes local news for wanting to stop an unwell kid's father from using her name for fundraising:

Quote:
Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder’s charity embroiled in international legal stoush

Legal letters have been sent by an Adelaide lawyer on behalf of Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder’s charity over the rights to the use the name of a 12-year-old Australian girl to fundraise for a rare illness.

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder’s charity is embroiled in an international legal stoush over the rights to the use the name of a 12-year-old Australian girl to fundraise for a rare illness.

Vedder’s New York-based charity EB Research Partnership has sent a series of legal letters demanding the profits from funds raised using Tilly Wilkes’ name. The Melbourne girl suffers from Epidermolysis Bullosa, a “life threatening genetic skin disorder” that causes painful blistering and scarring.

Tilly’s family and friends raised $95,000 at an event on the Murray River at Moama named “Tough Tilly Day”. But Vedder’s charity claims it owns the intellectual property in the name and said the organisers might have to pay up if the use continues.

“You must not use the “Tough Tilly” trade mark,” a letter sent by Adelaide lawyer Debrah Mercurio, on behalf of Vedder’s charity, stated. “If Cure EB… continues to exploit our clients’ intellectual property rights and/or proceeds with use of our client’s trade mark ‘Tough Tilly’.... our client will seek an account of profits.. plus interest and… costs on an indemnity basis.”

Vedder was a co-founder of EB Research Partnership, along with his wife Jill, a former fashion model, who is also chair. The charity, which is supported by Billie Eilish and Will Ferrell, raises money for medical research into EB.

Australian multimillionaire businessman Scott Didier and property developer Mark Walkley, who are friends with Tilly’s family, had been in partnership with Vedder’s charity until a bitter falling out last year. They had sought clarification from Vedder’s New York chief executive Michael Hund, who is paid more than $530,000 a year, on where money was being spent. The dispute led to the Australian board members quitting as a group in February last year, while some US-based board members with children who have EB also walked away.

Mr Didier runs insurance company builder Johns Lyng Group which turned over more than $1 billion last year, and owns Byron Bay’s Great Northern Hotel. He set up a new charity, Cure EB, along with Mr Walkley and Corey Wilkes, Tilly’s father, which has since been receiving legal demands from Vedder’s charity. They have previously raised more than $5 million for medical research into EB. They plan to raise more than $1 million each year under their new charity.

Mr Didier responded to the Adelaide legal team for Vedder’s charity via email, claiming the demands were “silly”. “Please stop sending us silly legal letters and wasting the charity’s money, as previously stated many times, we are volunteers trying to raise money for scientific research to cure EB as soon as we can and every dollar counts,” he wrote on January 3 this year. “So to that effect we will not be engaging council or lawyers because we won’t be drawn into using money donated by very kind people for research to then waste it.”

Corey Wilkes said being asked to stop using his daughter’s name for fundraising was “ridiculous”. “I just find it disgusting, we’re all rowing the same boat to one day find a cure,” he said. “Tough Tilly has always been us. They would never run the event. Why would they want to stop it?”

Mr Walkley said “Tough Tilly” had been running since 2013. “We’re all volunteers, we’re all just blown away they would want to stop an event like this,” he said. “We can’t believe what they are trying to do to us. It is about Tilly, that’s what it’s all about. We just want to raise the funds for the kids." Mr Walkley said Cure EB was also planning to go ahead with its “Cotton Ball” in May.

Mr Hund said in response to questions from this masthead that it had offered to hand over the naming right to Tough Tilly Day last year but had not received a response. However, the demand to stop using Tilly’s name was reissued in November, according to legal letters. He said that Cure EB had created confusion because it was using similar logos to EBRP Australia. “As such, no decision has yet been made on what steps to take next to address EBRP’s concerns,” he said in a statement. “EBRP welcomes funds being raised by Cure EB and any other charitable organisation for research into a cure for EB. However, EBRP is concerned to ensure that the public is not confused between the charities so that donors and sponsors are able to support the charity of their choosing.”

Mr Didier had set up EB Research Foundation Australia in 2016 but then merged with the New York branch. The merger was inked following a meeting with Alex Silver, whose son Jackson has EB. Mr Silver was one of the founding members of the EB Research Partnership, along with Jill and Eddie Vedder in 2010. He has since left the charity and declined to comment when approached for this story.

EBRP Australia has raised more than $5 million searching for a cure for EB. The Vedders were behind a fundraiser during the Adelaide and Gold Coast Suns game in South Australia in August last year. Former AFL star and broadcaster Jonathan Brown, who is also an ambassador for the charity, interviewed Vedder at half time of the match which was played on Adelaide Oval screens.

That’s awful.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 8:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

$530K a year?

is his charity being run by the Trump organization?

Almost sounds criminal to take that amount from a non-profit as salary

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 8:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

on what asset base it's not like this is the Yale endowment and the guy is managing $40B

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 8:12 pm 
The worst

that is an absurdly high non-profit director salary. most college presidents makes less

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 8:20 pm 
AnalLog

There's nothing worse than becoming embroiled in a stoush.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 8:54 pm 
AnalLog

That high of a salary on an 18 million dollar annual budget is egregious.

According to what my wife was able to dig up in their financial documentation, they pay more for office space than they do employees, and, the CEO makes more than the rest of the staff combined.. having said that, to be fair, they do not have a development staff, which means they're not doing much fundraising outreach. Their model centers around taking a cut of what others raise on behalf of the organization in exchange for what they supposedly invest into research.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 9:07 pm 
Rank This Poster

this stuck out lol: Australian multimillionaire businessman Scott Didier and property developer Mark Walkley, who are friends with Tilly’s family, had been in partnership with Vedder’s charity until a bitter falling out last year.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 9:14 pm 
The Master

warehouse wrote:
this stuck out lol: Australian multimillionaire businessman Scott Didier and property developer Mark Walkley, who are friends with Tilly’s family, had been in partnership with Vedder’s charity until a bitter falling out last year.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam