The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Pearl Jam References
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 9:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

warehouse wrote:
this stuck out lol: Australian multimillionaire businessman Scott Didier and property developer Mark Walkley, who are friends with Tilly’s family, had been in partnership with Vedder’s charity until a bitter falling out last year.

Fuckers probably only picked GA.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 10:10 pm 
Rank This Poster

i'm just saying, i'm sure the multimillionaire businessman and property developer are both being totally altruistic about this and eddie vedder is just being a mean rock star.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 10:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Good catch.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 10:32 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
i'm just saying, i'm sure the multimillionaire businessman and property developer are both being totally altruistic about this and eddie vedder is just being a mean rock star.

I'm no apologist for the big bad businessmen, but, just the same, it's equally important to look at things as objectively as possible. I do think it's interesting that the family is still working with the businessman and the property dev, having since started a new organization.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 10:50 pm 
Production Police

Maybe Dark Matter is a concept album about how Eddie’s private equity portfolio is barely in the black

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 10:54 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

tragabigzanda wrote:
Maybe Dark Matter is a concept album about how Eddie’s private equity portfolio is barely in the black

He should pivot to publicly traded REITs instead. I hear there are some wonderful multi family dwellings going up in west Seattle.

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 3:13 am 
AnalLog

I've donated to EBRP before and researched it. I believe in them. Additionally, its charity ratings are universally very good. I think there is a lot going on here that is not reflected in that article.

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 5:32 am 
mXn

This is why I don’t donate to charity.

Instead I tip my servers very well.

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 2:20 pm 
AnalLog

RockPusher wrote:
I've donated to EBRP before and researched it. I believe in them. Additionally, its charity ratings are universally very good. I think there is a lot going on here that is not reflected in that article.

Would you mind sharing a website that reflected those ratings, please? My wife was looking around a bit and found it odd that it doesn't seem to be listed in many of the typical places those in her line of work use to assess these things.

BTW - this post isn't meant to be aggressive or a challenge to you. We're both genuinely curious. Thanks

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 9:17 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I like Post Malone, but his vibrato (@02:38) sounds like a billy goat. I can't unhear it.

PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2024 1:51 pm 
Rank This Poster

i thought that was great. post malone looked legit surprised when EV started singing his song. watching him sing back up on his own song was weird, but like granting the young kid permission to do his thing. almost like neil young playing with pearl jam at the music awards.

PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2024 4:37 pm 
AnalLog

warehouse wrote:
i thought that was great. post malone looked legit surprised when EV started singing his song. watching him sing back up on his own song was weird, but like granting the young kid permission to do his thing. almost like neil young playing with pearl jam at the music awards.

The circle of life

PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2024 9:18 pm 
AnalLog

oneway23 wrote:
RockPusher wrote:

Would you mind sharing a website that reflected those ratings, please? My wife was looking around a bit and found it odd that it doesn't seem to be listed in many of the typical places those in her line of work use to assess these things.

BTW - this post isn't meant to be aggressive or a challenge to you. We're both genuinely curious. Thanks

They have a 99% rating at Charity Navigator.

There is also tons of data at https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/e ... 272417202/ - where you can also see the CEO salary (high, at $352,000, but not as high as that article claimed).

PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2024 9:32 pm 
mXn

Hey man, the guy could be CEO’ing elsewhere. You gotta pay up for someone really good at CEO’ing.

PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2024 9:33 pm 
AnalLog

RockPusher wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
RockPusher wrote:

They have a 99% rating at Charity Navigator.

There is also tons of data at https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/e ... 272417202/ - where you can also see the CEO salary (high, at $352,000, but not as high as that article claimed).

Very helpful, Sisyphus, thank you! My wife said she appreciates it, as well.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 1:07 am 
AnalLog

oneway23 wrote:
Very helpful, Sisyphus, thank you! My wife said she appreciates it, as well.

For sure! I like to keep my eyes as open as possible!

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 5:30 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... ket-prices

Pearl Jam fans blast tickets 'farce' of new tour 'They should be embarrassed'

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 9:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

rrrr i got an unfortunate feelin'

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2024 11:47 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Jumping genes and "dark matter"

Over millions of years, changes in DNA allow animals to evolve. Some changes involve only a single rung in DNA's twisted ladder, but others are more complex.

So-called Alu elements are repetitive DNA sequences that can generate bits of RNA, a molecular cousin of DNA, that can convert back to DNA and then insert themselves randomly into the genome. These "transposable elements," or jumping genes, can disrupt or enhance a gene's function upon insertion. This specific type of jumping gene exists only in primates and has been driving genetic diversity for millions of years.

- Nature magazine

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2024 9:34 am 
Posting (live)

Heard The Fixer playing in a boxing gym as I walked past. Yeah yeah.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam