0 Stars: Not even worth the effort of mehing
No votes

Total votes : 18

Song of the Moment: Breath

Fri December 28, 2012 6:26 pm

old thread archived here

Re: Song of the Moment: Breath

Sun January 13, 2013 10:10 am

To me, if there was one "standout" Pearl Jam song, this would be it.

I would describe it as the one that is most outer directionally different from what would be considered the sum of the calculated "average" pearl jam song.

At PJ20,
at the start of that one note right before "if I can take you there....", I swear (and I wasn't expecting it) tears squirted straight out of my eyes.
seriously.... straight. out. well not really, but maybe, I don't know.
but it was unexpectantly overpowering emotional

Sun January 13, 2013 7:04 pm

I think it's one of their absolute worst songs. Overrated doesn't even begin to describe it.

Sun January 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Breath is lovely.

I can definitely relate to what Knee Tunes said about it.

Sun January 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:I think it's one of their absolute worst songs. Overrated doesn't even begin to describe it.

Dang, i wouldnt say its there overall best, but its a beautiful song and would easily be in my top 15 or 20

Sun January 13, 2013 8:39 pm

I think sometimes this song title gets confused with (Just) Breathe

Wed December 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Listening to this song a lot lately has reminded me how much it had an influence on me becoming a die hard Pearl Jam fan. So, so great.

Wed December 21, 2016 3:41 pm

one of their very best bridges

Wed December 21, 2016 3:42 pm

or whatever the final verse/climax is called

Wed December 21, 2016 4:39 pm

I've actually gotten this song live 3 times as much as I have Release.

Which is fine because I love it. I actually prefer it to SOLAT being played by the current lineup.

Wed December 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Great song.

Thu December 22, 2016 3:57 am

i have also squirted listening to this song

Thu December 22, 2016 4:38 am

96583UP wrote:i have also squirted listening to this song

Take me there.

Sun December 25, 2016 5:24 pm

knee tunes wrote:To me, if there was one "standout" Pearl Jam song, this would be it.

I would describe it as the one that is most outer directionally different from what would be considered the sum of the calculated "average" pearl jam song.

At PJ20,
at the start of that one note right before "if I can take you there....", I swear (and I wasn't expecting it) tears squirted straight out of my eyes.
seriously.... straight. out. well not really, but maybe, I don't know.
but it was unexpectantly overpowering emotional

That was my fav performance of this one as well. It had the perfect transition between the crowd and Ed that is so rarely achieved nowadays.

Fri May 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Cameron Crowe wrote:One of two songs contributed to the movie by Pearl Jam, "Breath" always felt like a part of the movie ... and a snapshot of the time in which the movie was made. The band had just acquired their new singer, Eddie Vedder, and bassist Jeff Ament had been working in the art department of the film. Three-fifths of Pearl Jam - then called Mookie Blaylock - even appeared in the movie as part of Citizen Dick, the fictitious band fronted by Cliff Poncier, played by Matt Dillion. The whole Seattle Music scene would soon explode, a surprise to us because the idea of Seattle being an important music mecca was initially a tongue-in-cheek joke as I wrote the script. But all the dreams of many of those struggling musicians would soon come true. Not just with the seismic arrival of Nirvana and "Smells Like Teen Spirit," but even earlier with one of the first real hits to emerge from Seattle since Heart and Jimi Hendrix years earlier - Alice in Chains' "Man in the Box."

Fri May 19, 2017 11:57 pm

I always forget this song exists but I love it
Post a reply