The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

I Got Shit
5 Stars 71%  71%  [ 10 ]
4 Stars 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
3 Stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 Stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 Star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14
Author Message
 Post subject: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Fri December 28, 2012 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
old thread archived here

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52414
Was happy I heard this live this tour. Always a great song when the guys are on.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2656
Eddie is really bad at this intro live.

This song is ok. I like the prechoruses but Im not a big fan of the chorus.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38427
I have always loved this song, but I have begun to question its mopey sad-lonely-male lyrics as I've gotten older.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52414
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I have always loved this song, but I have begun to question its mopey sad-lonely-male lyrics as I've gotten older.

It is weird how I can overcome lyrics in some of their songs (like this one) but can't in others (like Leash). I'm a mess.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I have always loved this song, but I have begun to question its mopey sad-lonely-male lyrics as I've gotten older.

me too, but they were really powerful at the time, and so I think the issue is maybe more with me than the lyrics.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38427
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I have always loved this song, but I have begun to question its mopey sad-lonely-male lyrics as I've gotten older.

It is weird how I can overcome lyrics in some of their songs (like this one) but can't in others (like Leash). I'm a mess.

It certainly hurts some songs more than others. I think the anger of Ten and Vs. gives it a relatable edge that is more palatable to me than the woe-is-me self-pity of this.

But man is it good musically.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38427
stip wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I have always loved this song, but I have begun to question its mopey sad-lonely-male lyrics as I've gotten older.

me too, but they were really powerful at the time, and so I think the issue is maybe more with me than the lyrics.

Oh, they were hella powerful when I was 16. Not so much now.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 9030
Location: here
I love this shitty song no matter what

_________________
96583UP wrote:
note: this poll is regarding tenders and not nuggets


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52414
knee tunes wrote:
I love this shitty song no matter what

:luv:

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
STILL don't get all the hate for this song.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25287
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
This is Top 10 PJ for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
stip wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I have always loved this song, but I have begun to question its mopey sad-lonely-male lyrics as I've gotten older.

me too, but they were really powerful at the time, and so I think the issue is maybe more with me than the lyrics.

Oh, they were hella powerful when I was 16. Not so much now.



So serious question. Does that mean the lyrics aren't good, or that they're just no longer directed at you?

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 9058
Location: An office full of assholes
i love this song. i just wish ed would slow it down when they play it live.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18496
Location: Seattle, WA
have and will always loved this song. Top 10 for me. they play it way too fast live though. it loses its tension. eventually, you won't be able to tell if they are playing this or Spin the Black Circle


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 14087
Location: Dat Azz
5 stars. I remember the first time I ever listened to Merkinball. I was riding in the back of my parents Suburban, we were driving through a snowstorm in Minneapolis, and I had my Discman cranked up as I watched the snow fall through the city lights. The closing solo on I Got Id sounded so amazing (and still does). I'll always love this song and I'll never forget that first time hearing it.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25287
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
PHATJ wrote:
5 stars. I remember the first time I ever listened to Merkinball. I was riding in the back of my parents Suburban, we were driving through a snowstorm in Minneapolis, and I had my Discman cranked up as I watched the snow fall through the city lights. The closing solo on I Got Id sounded so amazing (and still does). I'll always love this song and I'll never forget that first time hearing it.

Funny, I have a very distinct memory of my first spin too. Typical teenage angst had rendered my relationship with my dad pretty stilted. We were at Newbury Comics so I could pick this up. When we got home, there was a message that my grandmother had a stroke. I didn't know how to comfort my father, or even if I was supposed to. So I hid in my room and listened to Merkinball on my headphones over and over again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 52075
Location: Sector 7-G
tragabigzanda wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
5 stars. I remember the first time I ever listened to Merkinball. I was riding in the back of my parents Suburban, we were driving through a snowstorm in Minneapolis, and I had my Discman cranked up as I watched the snow fall through the city lights. The closing solo on I Got Id sounded so amazing (and still does). I'll always love this song and I'll never forget that first time hearing it.

Funny, I have a very distinct memory of my first spin too. Typical teenage angst had rendered my relationship with my dad pretty stilted. We were at Newbury Comics so I could pick this up. When we got home, there was a message that my grandmother had a stroke. I didn't know how to comfort my father, or even if I was supposed to. So I hid in my room and listened to Merkinball on my headphones over and over again.

which newbury comics?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 14087
Location: Dat Azz
tragabigzanda wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
5 stars. I remember the first time I ever listened to Merkinball. I was riding in the back of my parents Suburban, we were driving through a snowstorm in Minneapolis, and I had my Discman cranked up as I watched the snow fall through the city lights. The closing solo on I Got Id sounded so amazing (and still does). I'll always love this song and I'll never forget that first time hearing it.

Funny, I have a very distinct memory of my first spin too. Typical teenage angst had rendered my relationship with my dad pretty stilted. We were at Newbury Comics so I could pick this up. When we got home, there was a message that my grandmother had a stroke. I didn't know how to comfort my father, or even if I was supposed to. So I hid in my room and listened to Merkinball on my headphones over and over again.


Your distinct memory isn't as warm and fuzzy as mine. :(

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song fo the Moment: I Got Id/Shit
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33498
Location: Buenos Aires
Song fo' the moment.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 16, 2018 10:17 pm