The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Fri December 28, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31359
old thread archived here

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 15439
Location: Seattle, WA
Everyone always assumes this song is about a spouse or loved one, but I think it's a song Ed is singing to himself and his breathy vocal delivery


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19138
bodysnatcher wrote:
Everyone always assumes this song is about a spouse or loved one, but I think it's a song Ed is singing to himself and his breathy vocal delivery

He's singing to his own vocal chords:
"Yes I know that someday we must go..."
"Stay with meeeeeee...."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 15439
Location: Seattle, WA
tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Everyone always assumes this song is about a spouse or loved one, but I think it's a song Ed is singing to himself and his breathy vocal delivery

He's singing to his own vocal chords:
"Yes I know that someday we must go..."
"Stay with meeeeeee...."


:haha:

It's not entirely implausible. Once I found out that "Go" was actually about a pickup truck – and he was able to sing it with that much passion – I figure nothing is off the table with this guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Worst song in the catalog.

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19138
I think it's a great "song," but it's just a crappy production on the album, and modern day Ed tends to overdo the delivery so as to make it sound quite treacly. I used to just flat out hate it, but once I heard Willie Nelson's version, it occurred to me that the composition is actually really nice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49318
Location: Sector 7-G
Ed ruins everything.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1067
Location: WI
i think i hate this song. listening now to confirm.

can confirm, i hate it.


Last edited by tmcs on Tue February 21, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 4250
Location: Chile
It's not good.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 11433
Location: Where everybody knows your name
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think it's a great "song," but it's just a crappy production on the album, and modern day Ed tends to overdo the delivery so as to make it sound quite treacly. I used to just flat out hate it, but once I heard Willie Nelson's version, it occurred to me that the composition is actually really nice.

This.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6410
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Whenever my bros and I finish a new Busch Light beer tower, we pop this on and just slip away.

6 stars.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48365
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Worst song in the catalog.

While it is a bad song, this isn't even the worst song on this album. SAD!

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 1459
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Worst song in the catalog.
It would be a bad song even by Creed standards, which it sounds like a rip-off from.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think it's a great "song," but it's just a crappy production on the album, and modern day Ed tends to overdo the delivery so as to make it sound quite treacly. I used to just flat out hate it, but once I heard Willie Nelson's version, it occurred to me that the composition is actually really nice.

This.

hell no

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 11, 2013 8:58 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Vancouver, WA
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Worst song in the catalog.


It's either this or Future Days


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Future Days is 5 billion times better than this dogshit

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6410
Location: unnamed mental hospital
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Future Days is 5 billion times worse than this dogshit

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34152
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Future Days is one of the only LB songs I enjoy so what do I know

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2017 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13452
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Future Days is one of the only LB songs I enjoy so what do I know


what.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Just Breathe
PostPosted: Wed February 22, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 15439
Location: Seattle, WA
i knew i had wildly differing opinions and tastes in music than LV, but that's just inexcusable.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:53 pm