The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6270
Location: unnamed mental hospital
All Wishful Thinking Native Americans Post 1492 wrote:
Axes and guns are pretty much the same thing.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:15 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:16 pm
Posts: 470
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6270
Location: unnamed mental hospital
theplatypus wrote:
I love how this thread morphed into a circumcision debate.

Listen, I'm uncircumcised, and my dick is awesome.

Somebody's hammered.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2041
theplatypus wrote:
I love how this thread morphed into a circumcision debate.

Listen, I'm uncircumcised, and my dick is awesome.


Pics or GTFO.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
theplatypus wrote:
I love how this thread morphed into a circumcision debate.

Listen, I'm uncircumcised, and my dick is awesome.


Image

Not for long, buddy...

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:22 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:16 pm
Posts: 470
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?



Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?



Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.


How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:29 am 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 19901
Location: the beach
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?



Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.


How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?


because Illumcready didnt quite sound right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:30 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:16 pm
Posts: 470
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?



Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.


How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?


Probably like getting a bulls-eye in this game:

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:32 am 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5603
doug rr wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ed has always been a guy with a well-meaning humanitarian streak that he has absolutely no gift for expressing in a public forum. This is nothing new, nor is my inclination to ignore it.


I read that as a Monk quote


The high priest registering his true feelings on Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:34 am 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 19901
Location: the beach
Kevin Davis wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Ed has always been a guy with a well-meaning humanitarian streak that he has absolutely no gift for expressing in a public forum. This is nothing new, nor is my inclination to ignore it.


I read that as a Monk quote


The high priest registering his true feelings on Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis.


now I want to listen to Lookin at Monk


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Tue July 09, 2013 2:13 am
Posts: 190
Location: Twin Cities
Tj wrote:
So Eddie can be anti gun, but he almost wishes bad things would happen to gun owners. I may be done I love the new album. I may never listen to the music that has meant so much to me again. I am sad really fucking sad. I have a album coming from the Ten club that I may give away. This is really screwed up. I want insight, and again it is not a difference of pro gun or anti gun that has me bothered. It is the "I almost wish bad things would happen to them" comment. I feel like I really lost something today.


It's a pretty disgusting comment from Ed. I don't agree with him on anything politically but I'd like to think he's not actively wishing harm on people who don't share his take on things. The "almost" qualifier is total bullshit. We know what's crossed his mind there. This coupled with LB being a massive piece of shit has made it a rough week for this PJ fan.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sat September 14, 2013 12:13 am
Posts: 31
Location: Opening band for my mouth
doug rr wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?



Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.


How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?


because Illumcready didnt quite sound right?


Also, IlluminJam is a great cream to use after circumcision.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
doug rr wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?



Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.


How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?


because Illumcready didnt quite sound right?


I like to think there's a One Direction notepad next to his nightstand with names like "RonPaulJam," "WashedInBlackHelicoptors," "I Am MAyn," and "Nati For You" crossed out before "IlluminEddie" is circled and starred.

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:39 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:16 pm
Posts: 470
darthvedder81 wrote:
Tj wrote:
So Eddie can be anti gun, but he almost wishes bad things would happen to gun owners. I may be done I love the new album. I may never listen to the music that has meant so much to me again. I am sad really fucking sad. I have a album coming from the Ten club that I may give away. This is really screwed up. I want insight, and again it is not a difference of pro gun or anti gun that has me bothered. It is the "I almost wish bad things would happen to them" comment. I feel like I really lost something today.


It's a pretty disgusting comment from Ed. I don't agree with him on anything politically but I'd like to think he's not actively wishing harm on people who don't share his take on things. The "almost" qualifier is total bullshit. We know what's crossed his mind there. This coupled with LB being a massive piece of shit has made it a rough week for this PJ fan.



Honestly, I think his comments on how (paraphrasing) "In the future, we'll be able to take people who are religious (may have said fanatics) and brainwash them out of it"... was kinda worse. I mean, who's the judge? Ed? lol

He'd prolly judge a lapsed Catholic as a "too religious" and needing brainwashing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:39 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:16 pm
Posts: 470
Lament wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Lament wrote:
IlluminEddie wrote:
Serious question:

If Ed was in middle school, would he wear a helmet and ride a short bus?


Serious question:

Is harmless awake to go through all of the reasons why this a ridiculously stupid and offensive post?



Get over yourself. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone other than Ed. Because he's... hmm, how can we put this right... not very smart.


How proud of yourself were you when you figured out you could replace the "ati" at the end of "Illuminati" with "Eddie" and start an account on a Pearl Jam message board? That's gotta be a big enough achievement to get you through the roughest of days, yeah?


because Illumcready didnt quite sound right?


I like to think there's a One Direction notepad next to his nightstand with names like "RonPaulJam," "WashedInBlackHelicoptors," "I Am MAyn," and "Nati For You" crossed out before "IlluminEddie" is circled and starred.


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Tue July 09, 2013 2:13 am
Posts: 190
Location: Twin Cities
IlluminEddie wrote:
darthvedder81 wrote:
Tj wrote:
So Eddie can be anti gun, but he almost wishes bad things would happen to gun owners. I may be done I love the new album. I may never listen to the music that has meant so much to me again. I am sad really fucking sad. I have a album coming from the Ten club that I may give away. This is really screwed up. I want insight, and again it is not a difference of pro gun or anti gun that has me bothered. It is the "I almost wish bad things would happen to them" comment. I feel like I really lost something today.


It's a pretty disgusting comment from Ed. I don't agree with him on anything politically but I'd like to think he's not actively wishing harm on people who don't share his take on things. The "almost" qualifier is total bullshit. We know what's crossed his mind there. This coupled with LB being a massive piece of shit has made it a rough week for this PJ fan.



Honestly, I think his comments on how (paraphrasing) "In the future, we'll be able to take people who are religious (may have said fanatics) and brainwash them out of it"... was kinda worse. I mean, who's the judge? Ed? lol

He'd prolly judge a lapsed Catholic as a "too religious" and needing brainwashing.


Yeah that was also pretty horrible but not as bad as wishing violent death on people he doesn't agree with politically.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6270
Location: unnamed mental hospital
darthvedder81 wrote:
Tj wrote:
So Eddie can be anti gun, but he almost wishes bad things would happen to gun owners. I may be done I love the new album. I may never listen to the music that has meant so much to me again. I am sad really fucking sad. I have a album coming from the Ten club that I may give away. This is really screwed up. I want insight, and again it is not a difference of pro gun or anti gun that has me bothered. It is the "I almost wish bad things would happen to them" comment. I feel like I really lost something today.


It's a pretty disgusting comment from Ed. I don't agree with him on anything politically but I'd like to think he's not actively wishing harm on people who don't share his take on things. The "almost" qualifier is total bullshit. We know what's crossed his mind there. This coupled with LB being a massive piece of shit has made it a rough week for this PJ fan.

It's really been a tough day on all of us gents. The disappointment in what one Eddie Vedder has to say about guns has really caused all of us to wonder if we should spend quite as much time on our Eddie Vedder related avatars as we normally might have.

Pearl jam? More like Pearl Harbor.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Eddie's anti gun rant during the the Mark Richards inter
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:46 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu June 27, 2013 8:40 am
Posts: 83
I do have to say that someone who slings hatchets as a hobby should at least have some understanding of the joy of hunting or using other lethal objects for sport, Even if it is just target practice.

First they came for automatic guns, and I said nothing.
Then they came for our semi automatic guns, and still I did not speak up.
Then they came for our handguns, and again I looked away.
Once they came for our professional bows, I just mumbled under my breath.
Then they came for our super soakers filled with acid, and I said nothing.
When they took away everyone yielding double Katanas, I again stayed silent.
Then they came for our tasers, and I hid quietly in my treehouse.
And then when they came for our throwing hatchets, nobody was left to speak for us. With the exception of the butter knife wielding albinos, but I know they will be next.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu April 26, 2018 9:53 am